Marriage Builders
Posted By: MelodyLane THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 04/30/10 02:32 PM
I am so happy!! This just came out in the new newsletter:

THEY'RE BACK! Marriage Builders� Radio LIVE!

CALL IN WITH YOUR QUESTIONS!

Starting Monday, May 3rd, at 2:00pm Central Time, Marriage Builders� Radio will be live again with Dr. Bill and Joyce Harley. This means that they will be available to take your call and answer your questions.

Marriage Builders� Radio is a call-in program where Dr. Harley answers your questions about marriage. Marriage related current issues will also be talked about from Dr. Harley's insightful perspective.

Call in early to make sure that there is time to address your questions. Every caller whose question is asked on air will receive a free book by Dr. Harley.

They said today to send an email to Joyce beforehand at jharley@marriagebuilders.com and she will coordinate with you to call in. This way, they know your situation beforehand.

MARRIAGE BUILDERS� RADIO
AM980 KKMS (St. Paul, Minnesota)
MONDAY - FRIDAY
2:00PM - 3:00PM CENTRAL TIME (GMT-6)
888-332-5169 (toll-free)
651-289-4499 (local and international)

CLICK HERE to listen to the program and for more information.

Or listen here: http://www.kkms.com/

Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 04/30/10 02:33 PM
. Every caller whose question is asked on air will receive a free book by Dr. Harley.

This is how I recieved most of my books FREE back when they had their radio show.
Posted By: smileygirl Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 04/30/10 02:34 PM
That's awesome news!
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 04/30/10 02:43 PM
Cool!
Posted By: Vibrissa Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 04/30/10 02:51 PM
This is cool - so we'll be able to listen to it online while it's going on?
Posted By: cinderella Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 04/30/10 03:33 PM
I thought we had another thread for posting cool music. I thought mel had turned into a disc jockey.

crybaby
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 04/30/10 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
. Every caller whose question is asked on air will receive a free book by Dr. Harley.

This is how I recieved most of my books FREE back when they had their radio show.

But I already have all the books! frown wink
Posted By: Prisca Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 04/30/10 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by markos

Gifts wink
Posted By: Fred_in_VA Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 04/30/10 07:39 PM
If you already have the full set of books you can get a set of steak stake knives.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 04/30/10 09:32 PM

Thats ok!! When new people come here and can't afford to buy a book, you can have an extra to send them.
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 04/30/10 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
If you already have the full set of books you can get a set of steak stake knives.

Helps for killing the vampires, doesn't it, Fred? laugh
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 04/30/10 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA

Helps for killing the vampires, doesn't it, Fred? laugh

I thought the books WERE a form of STAKE/STEAK knives.
Posted By: gemstone Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/01/10 03:45 PM
Could someone please help me understand how this works....I clicked on the link Melody has in her post and then on clicked to listen...and a player box comes up and it played for maybe 2mins at most...Mrs H was talking and then Mr. H and then music and then it seemed to start all over again....not a entire show in 2mins!

What am I doing wrong? also how do you get into the old broadcasts....do you have to be in the online program to be able to access those also??

How do I listen to the new show coming up this Monday?

Thanks for helping me out!
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/01/10 03:47 PM
gemstone, those are reruns of the old program. They play them over and over. You probably got that tail end of one.
Posted By: gemstone Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/01/10 04:39 PM
thats what is sounded like....I was hearing the end of the show or the very beginning and then music and then the same thing again for 2mins long.

I don't understand how to hear it in full...the entire show...I don't care that it's old....just want to hear all of it.

also how do I get to go on and hear to old shows too? Do I have to be a online member program to get them??

Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/01/10 04:49 PM
gemstone, I just clicked on the live stream and am listening to a show right now. Try it again..
Posted By: gemstone Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/01/10 05:32 PM
odd...but your right now it is working....so I just listened to the first 9mins....and I am really not liking what I heard!

That girl question....I mean she is right for not wanting her finance to have other women as "friends" that's how EA/PA start...they were just friends at work or school....the H's only focused on her being jealous and that's her personality and just accept your a jealous person!!! WTH!

I wish this gal would have given details on this "friend"....I don't know about all you hear...but I have no male friends...my brothers and father I guess could be my male friends but I have no males I call and talk to like a "friend"...that's out of the question behavior....I only hang out with and talk to other married women as my close friends....and that gal said her soon to be husband has a relationship with a woman and that woman is a FRIEND to him...not a aquaintence that he rarely talks to.

Sorry I don't agree with how they handled that AT ALL.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/01/10 05:37 PM
gemstone, huh? Dr Harley does not advocate opposite sex friendships at all!! What did you hear?
Posted By: gemstone Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/01/10 05:44 PM
Melody did you listen to the 1st 9mins with the young woman that is engaged and talking about her not feeling good about her soon to be husband having this friendship with a woman? The Harleys tell her she is just a jealous personality type and that's not gonna change....but they never ask her direct questions about this friendship with the woman...is she the same age and stuff like this...or is she a older woman like his grandma's age then you could feel comfortable...never even touch on it...it's all about her being a jealous person and that's never gonna change.

Sorry I thought they didn't like married couples having friends of the opposite sex but in that first 9mins they don't say that at all...go listen and tell me what I am missing.
Posted By: gemstone Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/01/10 05:50 PM
I am so upset right now...that segment really got to me....sure my issue is with my spouses over relationship with his brother but I can't imagine what they are gonna say to me....they tell her she's just a jealous personality type....they don't talk about the DANAGER of having friendships with the opposite sex to their marriage.

Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/01/10 06:01 PM
gemstone, I didn't hear it but I do know they are ADAMANTLY against opposite sex friendships in marriage. ADAMANTLY. Here is his recent newsletter about it: Are "Friends" a Threat to Your Marriage?

A quote about jealousy from Dr Harley: "Jealousy is a normal reaction to a threat to marriage. It's not a Love Buster."
Posted By: gemstone Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/01/10 06:13 PM
Oh I know what the site says here and have read that link before....and I agree with totally BUT that isn't how they both dealt with that 1st young woman's call about her soon to be husbands opposite sex friendship! They focused on the fact that she is a jealousy personality type instead and did compliment the boyfriend that he is paying attention to her when she feels jealous....he even gave an example that he had a friendship super close to a woman and Joyce had no issue with it at all cause the woman was 65 at the time and very over weight...they were a young couple then and Joyce wasn't threatened by it at all...so fine for them on that one...I get that...if she is grandmas age there's probably no risk involved.

BUT they never got any clarification from the caller....how old is this girl-friend of his? sounded like the same age to me...and someone he's been friends with for quite sometime....then they focused on her being the neurotic jealous personality type that's never gonna change....

This is horrible IMO....nothing like what I thought they would tell a caller....and doesn't match those articles or this site at all....I am stunned....go listen...it's the beginning and only lasts 9mins....I am not hearing things...they actually handled it this way.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/01/10 06:34 PM
gemstone, I wish I could listen to it. I really think there were some extentuating circumstances because they are adamantly against oppostie sex friendships.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/03/10 12:44 AM
The show is tomorrow from 2 to 3 pm cst!! Someone needs to call with a question!
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/03/10 12:53 AM
Oh, Lordy, Lordy, he is taking calls from silly foreigners: sigh

MARRIAGE BUILDERS� RADIO
MONDAY - FRIDAY
888-332-5169 (toll-free)

Every foreigner I know is a regular little America calling devil when it comes to calling America! They ALL know how to call over here! skeptical
Posted By: Delta_ Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/03/10 12:55 AM
Gemstone, I just listened to the program you refer to, and I heard something different than you.

Bill and Joyce Harley tell the woman that she needs to tell the fiance how she feels when she feels jealous and that the fiance needs to be careful about how he acts around other women.

Bill tells her that she may in fact be the more jealous type, but there's nothing wrong with that, and that the fiance should accommodate her reactions.

Bill tells her that if she has a negative reaction to the fiance's relationship with another woman, he shouldn't have that relationship.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/03/10 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by DeltaDrDeceit
Gemstone, I just listened to the program you refer to, and I heard something different than you.

Bill and Joyce Harley tell the woman that she needs to tell the fiance how she feels when she feels jealous and that the fiance needs to be careful about how he acts around other women.

Bill tells her that she may in fact be the more jealous type, but there's nothing wrong with that, and that the fiance should accommodate her reactions.

Bill tells her that if she has a negative reaction to the fiance's relationship with another woman, he shouldn't have that relationship.

That interpretation fits exactly with what Dr Harley preaches and teaches. In fact, he says that "jealousy is a natural reaction to a threat in the marriage." If a spouse is jealous it is up to the other spouse to STOP doing whatever is causing the jealousy.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/03/10 01:35 PM
bump
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/03/10 06:55 PM
starts in 5 minutes!! You can listen through the link in the first post.
Posted By: Vibrissa Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/03/10 06:57 PM
Tuning in! This is FUN!
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/03/10 07:00 PM
or you can go here: http://www.kkms.com/
Posted By: Vibrissa Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/03/10 07:25 PM
ML thanks for the alternate link- the website link above was just playing music for me.
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/03/10 07:27 PM
Listening now...
Posted By: black_raven Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/03/10 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Listening now...

Me too. Neat concept but geez....the callers need to listen to the questions and not keep babbling on and on. doh2
Posted By: Vibrissa Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/03/10 07:42 PM
Can I just say that I LOVE that Joyce is on there with him?

Marriage is a 2 person effort and I think she's as much an expert as he in many ways.
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/03/10 08:39 PM
She has a wonderful radio voice too!
Posted By: bingo Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/03/10 09:00 PM
edit
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/04/10 07:14 PM
bump its on now!!
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/04/10 07:27 PM
Listening.
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/04/10 07:32 PM
Me too.
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/04/10 07:43 PM
There! Dr. H said it. Plan C (Compromise) is NOT something he recommends and more than likely you'll end up divorced if you try it instead of his recommended Plans A & B.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/05/10 07:32 PM
show is on!
Posted By: Vibrissa Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/05/10 08:43 PM
Bummer had a meeting so I missed it - was it good (need I even ask?)
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/05/10 08:45 PM
I missed it, too, but listening to the prerecorded stream. I'm not sure if it's the same show or not.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/06/10 01:53 PM
I am listening to the re-broadcast and they are asking that you email Joyce before the show with your question at jharley@marriagebuilders.com
Posted By: Vibrissa Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/06/10 07:05 PM
Tuning in - Got my little rear handed to me listening to the show 2 days ago, lets see what happens this time.

grin
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/07/10 07:02 PM
When Joyce introduces her husband, she needs to mention he's her husband. laugh
Posted By: Vibrissa Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/11/10 07:56 PM
Interesting Show today.

Caller in the second half dealing with his wife having an affair with her boss for over 1 year.

What I found interesting is the caller was counselling with SH who advised him to hold off on exposure until Plan B begins which will be soon. Dr. H stated several times that he may be a bit more hard line on this than his son, as he recommends a WIDE SPREAD Exposure ASAP. I can't even imagine the pain of the poor man watching his wife go to her AP every morning for A YEAR!!!! He called the non-exposure what it is: enabling.

He did a bit of a shout out to y'all too - he mentioned the numerous affairs on this forum that ended due to exposure.

Posted By: gemstone Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/11/10 08:07 PM
Hi Vibrissa! I listened to most of the show....(missed the 1st 8mins of it) but I was really surprised that the man caller said he had counseled with the son (Steve) and was advised not to expose! To wait until Plan B....it didn't make sense to me....this caller must be mixed up.

I mean he said his wife has been in the affair for 2yrs now....he found out when she was 1yr in and has plan A for 1yr now w/o doing exposure....surely Steve didn't tell him to wait a yr to expose....I think that just can't be right.

The advice Dr.H gave him on the show today was spot on...and what he should have done 1yr ago....I think the caller was relucant to do it and maybe he only recently called for a phone session to Steve and that's what is all mixed up with it.

Too bad he didn't do exposure right away 1yr ago....he could have killed that A....I feel so bad for his kids....nobody in that family even knows about the Wife's A....the H has kept it all a big secret.....and also in our state you can't move over 100 miles away from your spouse when you get a D....they have rights to see the kids also....so telling him to take them and move to another state isn't gonna work in court....this man really really blew it by waiting.

He is better off.....doing exposure to ALL NOW and then doing plan A....like he should have in the beginning and seeing if he can't end the A.

Sorry got carried away.
Posted By: Vibrissa Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/11/10 08:27 PM
gem- hiya!

I agree with you. It is possible that it got all mixed up b/c I can't imagine SH counselling to wait on exposure (albeit I've never counselled with him just going based on what people round here say).

It's possible he just recently called SH and since he's going into a plan B pretty soon he advised waiting.

Harley also said to tell the kids and even advised the father and kids move away, leaving the wife to her AP. He was pretty hard line about it: tell everyone, don't help her get her own place, if possible take a job in a new city and dark Plan B.

My heart aches for the poor man living that way for a year, and his poor kids feeling their world crumbling around them and not knowing why.
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/12/10 07:18 PM
Looks like they are doing a shout out to all of us Texans by playing "Yellow Rose of Texas." Thanks, Brian, on the radio program. smile

Joyce Harley didn't know that the Yellow Rose of Texas was a person...
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/12/10 07:19 PM

rotflmao
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/12/10 07:43 PM
Looks like they are doing a shout out to all of us Texans by playing "Yellow Rose of Texas." Thanks, Brian, on the radio program. smile

I MISSED YELLOW ROSE OF TEXAS!!??? dramaqueen
Posted By: OurHouse Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/12/10 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Vibrissa
gem- hiya!

I agree with you. It is possible that it got all mixed up b/c I can't imagine SH counselling to wait on exposure (albeit I've never counselled with him just going based on what people round here say).

It's possible he just recently called SH and since he's going into a plan B pretty soon he advised waiting.

Harley also said to tell the kids and even advised the father and kids move away, leaving the wife to her AP. He was pretty hard line about it: tell everyone, don't help her get her own place, if possible take a job in a new city and dark Plan B.

My heart aches for the poor man living that way for a year, and his poor kids feeling their world crumbling around them and not knowing why.

Either that, or Dr H got off the radio and gave his son what-for!
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/13/10 07:51 PM
Am I crazy, or is today's program a program I've heard before?
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/13/10 07:55 PM
RERUN! sigh
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/13/10 07:58 PM
"I generally recommend that men stay in plan A as long as they possibly can." (verbatim quote from Dr. Harley)

"Even at the expense of their health, to some extent, because women respond better to plan A" (paraphrased)
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/13/10 07:59 PM
RERUN! sigh

I think it gave me the chance to hear the beginning of the show which I must have missed the first time. smile

By the way, for anyone who hasn't realized, yet, you can listen to old shows 24/7. They aren't too different from the new shows. I'm sure MelodyLane has them memorized, but for the rest of us, there's not too much difference between catching an old show and a new one.
Posted By: lildoggie Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/13/10 10:25 PM
grumble I cant listen to it. I have downloaded all the suggested plug in's and I still cant get it to work.
cry I'm missing outtttttttttttttttt.

*sniffle*
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/14/10 07:26 PM
bump - it's on!
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/17/10 07:22 PM
bump
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/21/10 07:21 PM
its on! And Dr Harley just explained why women find groping so disgusting. [my pet peeve!] He said that grabbing in the ABSENCE of affection makes a woman feel used. That is exactly how I feel.
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/21/10 09:28 PM
I tuned in late and missed that part. Prisca may be in for a rough weekend.
Posted By: Prisca Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/21/10 09:53 PM

twoxfour
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/22/10 01:04 AM

keep your mitts off the merchandise!! naughty
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/22/10 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by Prisca

twoxfour

I had to change my board theme just to see this.

P.S.: Turn your gmail chat on.
Posted By: Prisca Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/22/10 02:22 AM
twoxfour

I had to change my board theme just to see this.[/quote]

Been wanting to use that on you for awhile now ... provide me another opportunity again soon, if you will.

grin
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/22/10 02:50 AM
Y'all are too cute.
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/23/10 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Prisca
twoxfour

I had to change my board theme just to see this.

Been wanting to use that on you for awhile now ... provide me another opportunity again soon, if you will.

grin [/quote]

As if I don't provide enough opportunities in person? smile
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/28/10 07:10 PM
The radio show's on. Everybody remember to tune in. smile
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/28/10 07:12 PM
Dr. Harley is commenting that he doesn't think couples should make promises to each other before marriage like "I'll support such-and-such career." He thinks it would be better to promise:

1) we'll make all decisions jointly
2) I promise to become an expert at meeting your most important emotional needs
3) I promise to avoid being the cause of your unhappiness
Posted By: Vibrissa Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/28/10 07:19 PM
...and really, aren't THOSE better promises to make? Making promises about future actions when you don't know what the future will hold seems like it's just a recipe for future resentment.
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 05/28/10 07:46 PM
They just said if you'll call to order Fall in Love, Stay in Love, and mention Marriage Builders Radio, they'll ship it priority mail for free. laugh
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/01/10 07:06 PM
Bump - MB radio is on the air, and discussing Al and Tipper Gore.
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/02/10 07:03 PM
Bump - MB radio is on the air. They promise that later they will discuss how to form habits.

Interestingly enough, at MB weekend, Dr. Harley explained to us a habit-building exercise that I actually tried myself when I was a kid. I'm a habit-changing geek, apparently.

Also discussing Al and Tipper Gore again.
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/02/10 07:07 PM
Applying the POJA to Al Gore and his wife. Interesting thought. She's a private person; he's a public person. Is it possible she was unhappy with that?
Posted By: ImStaying Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/02/10 07:10 PM
I'm a habit-changing geek, apparently.
Perhaps your habit-changing is becoming habitual... grin
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/02/10 07:22 PM
Wow, this one's a bombshell to me. I think Dr. Harley just said that it's generally the wife who needs the fifteen hours of undivided attention, moreso than the husband, who may not need that much.

Of course, if she needs it, then THEY need it, for the marriage.
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/02/10 07:23 PM
And Dr. Harley argues that a politician's lifestyle is generally not something that the wife agrees to. She's usually making a sacrifice.

He tells all politicians he counsels that he wants their spouse on their staff, integrated into what they do.
Posted By: gemstone Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/02/10 08:18 PM
Wow, this one's a bombshell to me. I think Dr. Harley just said that it's generally the wife who needs the fifteen hours of undivided attention, moreso than the husband, who may not need that much.

Of course, if she needs it, then THEY need it, for the marriage.

This JUMPED right out at me when he said it and in my marriage I KNOW it to be true...that is why my H can be gone and have zero time with me and not be affected at all whereas I am miserable....so true....I am not saying it's a universal truth just that maybe there are more women out there that feel this way and some men that just don't need that much UA time with the W.

The entire 1st 30mins of the show were so painful for me to listen to.....truly were spot on my situation...what's even worse was hearing them talk about how couples in the beginning of marriage desire to spend lot's of time together but then it all changes.....I am embarrassed to say I can't remember a time like this in my entire 20yr marriage....once we were married....my H still keep working as many hours a humanly possible that his company would want him there....he was already in a BAD HABIT of this when I dated him.

I have told my H this past fall when all he$$ broke loose that I felt dead inside.....I should have told him....I feel dead inside toward you....that's what Dr.H was saying today...that women come in and say they don't love you anymore....that must have been the "dead" feeling I have been struggling to overcome and bring back the love feelings....my H hasn't helped much on this....it is very difficult to have those feelings of love for someone that is constantly emptying the love bank with LB's.....

at least were finally on the chps in the LB book that really deal with our issues....he did read IB chp and next is the friend/relatives and work/time management....all three are dead on target HUGE problems for us.

Also thought it was funny to hear Dr.H say to start complaining to your spouse....men just love that! I sent the article complaining in marriage to my H.....he never commented on it to me....it was months ago....at the time I used it to illustrate that I have been complaining about the exact same issues for 20yrs and he has choosen to ignor me over them and well here was something to read that explained my behavior.
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/03/10 07:01 PM
Just about to be on the air, in a couple of minutes.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/04/10 07:02 PM
bump its on!!
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/07/10 05:59 PM
Hey, look, folks! There seems to be a new link off of the main page that leads to where you can DOWNLOAD the last several Marriage Builders Radio shows!!!

http://www.listen.mbradio.net/
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/07/10 06:00 PM
Actually, you can go all the way back to May 3!

http://richwith.com/mb/oldershows/

I don't believe this. It's the best of almost all possible worlds. smile
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/07/10 06:01 PM
Plus, look at the slick picture of Dr. and Mrs. H doing the radio show:

http://richwith.com/mb/mb_web1.JPG

This is on one of those pages but looks a lot better if you look at it alone in its intended size instead of shrunk to fit the page.

Haven't seen this one before.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/07/10 07:13 PM
Markos beat me to the punch. Thanks, Markos!
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/07/10 11:09 PM
I love that picture!! Joyce is so pretty. And Dr Harley wears JEANS?? faint

I am trying to find gemstone's segment right now. I listened to BTinTrouble and Dr HArley told him he was getting good support on the forum.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/07/10 11:10 PM
oh wow!! I just found gemstone!! here
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/07/10 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by gemstone
Hi Vibrissa! I listened to most of the show....(missed the 1st 8mins of it) but I was really surprised that the man caller said he had counseled with the son (Steve) and was advised not to expose! To wait until Plan B....it didn't make sense to me....this caller must be mixed up.

I mean he said his wife has been in the affair for 2yrs now....he found out when she was 1yr in and has plan A for 1yr now w/o doing exposure....surely Steve didn't tell him to wait a yr to expose....I think that just can't be right.

The advice Dr.H gave him on the show today was spot on...and what he should have done 1yr ago....I think the caller was relucant to do it and maybe he only recently called for a phone session to Steve and that's what is all mixed up with it.

Too bad he didn't do exposure right away 1yr ago....he could have killed that A....I feel so bad for his kids....nobody in that family even knows about the Wife's A....the H has kept it all a big secret.....and also in our state you can't move over 100 miles away from your spouse when you get a D....they have rights to see the kids also....so telling him to take them and move to another state isn't gonna work in court....this man really really blew it by waiting.

He is better off.....doing exposure to ALL NOW and then doing plan A....like he should have in the beginning and seeing if he can't end the A.

Sorry got carried away.

Dr Harley called him an "enabler." "Mold doesn't grow very well in sunlight." here

Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/08/10 12:56 AM

YEEHAW!!!! Yellow Rose of Texas
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/08/10 04:05 AM
I love that picture!! Joyce is so pretty. And Dr Harley wears JEANS?? faint

Yeah, he doesn't always dress up, as you can see from this page in the "site tour":

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi11_tour.html

"See how I look when I'm all dressed up, and what qualifies me to be doing what I do. Thankfully, it's short."

Obviously he speaks as if he's not always all dressed up.

Do I win the prize for knowing the most obscure Dr. Harley quote ever off the top of my head?
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/08/10 04:07 AM
Apparently the radio show is pretty casual. I don't want to give away too many secrets from the last Marriage Builders weekend, but Dr. Harley confessed that Joyce actually caught him looking through the window at a baseball broadcast during the show one day! She made him stop. smile

I get the impression baseball is very big up there. Me, I could care less about hitting, throwing, or kicking balls of any sort.
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/08/10 06:49 PM
Bump ... on in ten minutes, make plans now. smile
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/10/10 07:09 PM
My fake self would like you to know that the radio show is on, and Dr. Harley is announcing His Needs, Her Needs, 25th edition! He is going through and revising the whole book, and some of the needs have changed in order!
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/10/10 07:12 PM
Most interesting discussion I've ever seen about how he has revised the books through the years.
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/10/10 07:28 PM
Joyce says she doesn't regret marrying young at all, and Dr. Harley says he feels the same way. smile
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/11/10 07:03 PM
Bump ... MB radio is on now, and Gdar is on the phone line.
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/29/10 07:22 PM
Oh. Wow.

You have GOT to hear the fogged-out, wayward "No-contact" letter Joyce Harley just read.

I am puking.

Oh, yuck.

Yuck, yuck, yuck.

I think I'm going to die just from hearing it.
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 06/29/10 07:25 PM
I think I misheard. Sounds like this was correspondence that transpired after the no contact letter.

Dr. Harley says he thinks this marriage will work out. That's encouraging.
Posted By: Vibrissa Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 07/01/10 07:02 PM
Bumpity Bump Bump-

It's on
Posted By: Vibrissa Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 07/01/10 07:13 PM
Coming up: Dealing with a Renter's mentality in marriage!
Posted By: TomOlympus Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 07/01/10 07:23 PM
For some reason I am listening...
Posted By: TomOlympus Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 07/01/10 07:36 PM
Does it really matter what people do with their spouse after death. Buried, cremated, really, doesn't matter. Why are some people so concerened with this, you are dead.
Posted By: Pepperband Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 07/01/10 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by TomOlympus
Does it really matter what people do with their spouse after death. Buried, cremated, really, doesn't matter. Why are some people so concerened with this, you are dead.

You do not need to understand why something is important to another person to respect that it is important, to THEM.

Some might have religious concerns.
Others just have a preference.

Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 07/02/10 07:00 PM
Bump - MB radio is on.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 07/02/10 07:21 PM
Wow, this is a great show. He is blowing up the common stupid notion that you should lie to your spouse about adultery so you "won't hurt him." MrRollieEyes They are discussing a website where you can "confess" your affair in order to "cleanse your soul?" Lying your way to marital bliss! laugh
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 07/02/10 07:22 PM
I missed the first 12 minutes where he was criticizing marriage counseling so I missed the context. Did anyone hear this and can they explain the context?
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 07/02/10 07:28 PM
Email questions coming up next!!
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 07/02/10 07:42 PM
oh wow! That was interesting. A newly married woman's husband spends his time at the female neighbors house while the wife is at work. Dr H told her to SEPARATE from her H if he won't stop because the H is headed towards an affair. And he said don't have children with this guy.

The BS asked Dr H how she could "get over her jealousy." He told her the problem lies with her H, not her.
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 07/02/10 07:47 PM
The wayward husband (and I will call him a wayward because he was DATING another woman while married ... I feel sure he was doing more than just dating, too, but the DATING is not in dispute) also told her she was "being a little girl" and "insecure."

The confused and betrayed wife felt like maybe she was just brought up in different cultural standard where you didn't go have alone time with people of the opposite sex who you aren't married to, like everything was just open and innocent and wonderful and she thought she just needed to get over her hangups.

Folks, it doesn't matter what culture you are from, MARRIAGES don't do well when MARRIED people DATE others.
Posted By: Vibrissa Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 07/09/10 01:54 PM
Some news to share.

Joyce emailed me this earlier this week when she responded to a question I sent her:

"Just an FYI we will be ending this show next week (not enough financial support) and in about a month we will be starting a website daily radio show. It will be identical to this one. So, if you have even more questions this is the time to call."

Though I'm sad they're no longer going to be on the air, I'm glad they've decided to keep it going - and am excited about this new format.

Thought I'd pass the info along.
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 07/09/10 02:09 PM
I just heard a different version of the same announcement, listening to yesterday's show recording.

To me it's not really like they are ending the show; just moving to internet only. The main affect on me will be to not be able to stream from kkms.com any more.

I'm sorry guys in the Twin Cities won't get their broadcast any more, but they can still get the radio show just like we do. smile
Posted By: SusieQ Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 07/14/10 05:11 PM
Just a reminder that the show ends this week. Their new show starts in the fall.

If anyone is thinking about calling in but is nervous, do it! I was terrified, LOL. But they were so nice and easy to talk with. Joyce is very sweet, she even sent me a follow-up email. smile
Posted By: BHHFSGuy Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 07/15/10 04:15 PM
Did anyone hear Wednesday's show? I didn't get any audio coming through the KKMS stream. And the archives page doesn't have it posted for download.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 07/15/10 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by BHHFSGuy
Did anyone hear Wednesday's show? I didn't get any audio coming through the KKMS stream. And the archives page doesn't have it posted for download.

BHHS, I am listening to it right now. Do you mean yesterdays show? I got it here: http://richwith.com/mb/MB_071410.mp3
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 07/15/10 04:21 PM
They have the latest 10 shows posted here: http://www.listen.mbradio.net/
Posted By: BHHFSGuy Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 07/15/10 05:28 PM
The Wednesday, July 14th episode does not show up on that page. But thank you for the direct link to the mp3 file. I'm downloading it now.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 07/15/10 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by BHHFSGuy
The Wednesday, July 14th episode does not show up on that page. But thank you for the direct link to the mp3 file. I'm downloading it now.

bhhfs, did you hit refresh? Here is what I see on that page:

THE LATEST PROGRAMS:

Wednesday June 14th 2010 LISTEN 32K

Tuesday July 13th 2010 LISTEN 32K

Monday July 12th 2010 LISTEN 32K

Friday July 9th 2010 LISTEN 32K

Thursday July 8th 2010 LISTEN 32K

Wednesday June 7th 2010 LISTEN 32K

Tuesday July 6th 2010 LISTEN 32K

Monday July 5th RERUN from TUE JUNE 15th

Friday July 2nd 2010 LISTEN 32K

Thursday July 1st 2010 LISTEN 32K

Posted By: BHHFSGuy Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 07/15/10 06:02 PM
bhhfs, did you hit refresh?
Yes, I had refreshed the page, especially after I read your post, and it didn't have Wednesday's show. I have since refreshed again and it's there now. Thanks
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 01/03/14 05:04 PM
I'm so glad this thread was posted, four years ago, in April. This show saved my marriage - so this thread saved my marriage.

Most of the info below is now incorrect, but I thought I'd bump the thread anyway just to commemorate.

I listen to Marriage Builders Radio every day on my commute. I have listened to nearly every show from the archives. The education and the motivation provided in this show is priceless.

I am so happy!! This just came out in the new newsletter:

THEY'RE BACK! Marriage Builders� Radio LIVE!

CALL IN WITH YOUR QUESTIONS!

Starting Monday, May 3rd, at 2:00pm Central Time, Marriage Builders� Radio will be live again with Dr. Bill and Joyce Harley. This means that they will be available to take your call and answer your questions.

Marriage Builders� Radio is a call-in program where Dr. Harley answers your questions about marriage. Marriage related current issues will also be talked about from Dr. Harley's insightful perspective.

Call in early to make sure that there is time to address your questions. Every caller whose question is asked on air will receive a free book by Dr. Harley.

They said today to send an email to Joyce beforehand at jharley@marriagebuilders.com and she will coordinate with you to call in. This way, they know your situation beforehand.

MARRIAGE BUILDERS� RADIO
MONDAY - FRIDAY
888-332-5169 (toll-free)

CLICK HERE to listen to the program and for more information.

Or listen here: http://www.kkms.com/
Posted By: Prisca Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 01/03/14 05:05 PM
I'm so glad this thread was posted, four years ago, in April.

Wow, was it really 4 years ago?
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 01/03/14 05:11 PM
I'm so glad this thread was posted, four years ago, in April. This show saved my marriage - so this thread saved my marriage.

It was listening to the radio show that really helped me understand Marriage Builders. Just listening to the caller's problems and how the Harley's applied the program made such a difference for me. PLUS, I got a bunch of free books by calling and writing in! laugh
Posted By: markos Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 01/03/14 05:13 PM

It was listening to the radio show that really helped me understand Marriage Builders. Just listening to the caller's problems and how the Harley's applied the program made such a difference for me. PLUS, I got a bunch of free books by calling and writing in! laugh

The honest truth is that I had to listen to Dr. Harley help about a thousand or so marriages before I really started to make any headway applying this stuff in our marriage. I am just really dense! laugh
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 01/03/14 05:17 PM

The honest truth is that I had to listen to Dr. Harley help about a thousand or so marriages before I really started to make any headway applying this stuff in our marriage. I am just really dense! laugh

Same here. I was a little slow on the uptake! grin
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: THE MB RADIO SHOW IS BACK!! - 01/03/14 07:13 PM
The show is so very important to me too. smile
© Marriage Builders® Forums