Marriage Builders
Posted By: nesre AW do you have time? - 08/01/10 04:06 AM
AW

I found your old posts just recently and went through them.

Just wondering if you had a little time to talk. I have seen you pop in and out recently.

Nesre
Posted By: Alcoholic's Wife Re: AW do you have time? - 08/01/10 04:29 AM
Hi,
Sure, I have time. I have been absent from the board for a long time but finally remembered my login and have been popping in from time to time. :-)
Posted By: nesre Re: AW do you have time? - 08/01/10 04:37 AM
#2017398 - 01/29/08 08:57 PM Re: LB ALCOHOL [Re: nesre]
Alcoholic's Wife

Loc: USA Dear Nesre,

You asked:
"Is there anyone out there who has lived a share of their life emmeshed in alcoholism/addiction and ended up in MB recovery???

Would anyone be willing share a success story???"

My husband and I are a success story. Some of there Veterans out there may remember us from posts back in 1999 - 2001 . Its been a long time! I stop in every once in a while and haven't been on here for a long, long while.

I don't know how far back the message board goes but if it goes back that far I'll see if I can find our 'success story' to repost for you. We've been recovered for close to 10 years now. Long story short, it was answered prayer.

God bless,
AW

You posted this to me back in 2008. I am just courious how M is today as compared to when you posted in early 2000.
There was a lot of blank spaces in your posts and I am quite curious. Maybe All the posts were not there. For a few years I could never get them to even come up.

The last I read you had filed and then it jumped around to others you were posting to with blanks how you and H got back together.

I hope you will share a little with me.

Thanks

Nesre
Posted By: hope3343 Re: AW do you have time? - 08/01/10 04:42 AM
Would love to hear a success story of dual addiction to alcohol and OP.

It sure would inspire.
Posted By: nesre Re: AW do you have time? - 08/01/10 05:09 AM
AW

I will try to be more specific. This may be vearing off the MB trail a little bit. I am just trying to understand the A + Alcoholic aspect.

For myself I feel I work a very good program of recovery from my Alcoholism. 2-3 meetings a week. Work with 2 sponsees. Active in other service work. Church. IC once a month or so.
4 years of Al-Anon. Went through 4 day family program at a local treatment cneter.

In a strange way I feel like I could live with my W's alcoholism. I can accept that part of her. I know what it is from my own experience.

What I can't accept is the A part. Is that what it came down to with you?

Thats kinda what I got out of your posts. Tell me if I am wrong.

If that was how you felt also how could you tell the difference between an A and just straight out going and drinking and getting lost. I have trouble telling and believing the the difference after the A was confirmed.

Was there a long lag time between you filing for D and you 2 getting back together?

Does this make sense?

Nesre
Posted By: Alcoholic's Wife Re: AW do you have time? - 08/01/10 05:12 AM
We have a success story, happily recovered for 10 years now. I guess we would be the exception to the rule in that we recovered our marriage while DH continues drinking. We did counsel with steve harley which helped tremendously.

I will go through my old posts to see if I can find my testimony and will past the link here. I'm not sure if it will still be here cuz its really old. If not, I'll write a new one for ya.
Posted By: nesre Re: AW do you have time? - 08/01/10 05:18 AM
AW

Thank you!

I know there are also many others that would love to see a success story.

Nesre
Posted By: Alcoholic's Wife Re: AW do you have time? - 08/01/10 05:30 AM
Nesre,
Yes you have it right. The A was for me the last straw and I filed for D . Did dark plan b I guess you could say. Though I knew nothing of mb concepts I was plan a most of our marriage prior to d-day . H had a ' revelation moment that can only be explained as from above.
I will post more tomorrow from pc, too hard to type on the phone :-)

Posted By: nesre Re: AW do you have time? - 08/01/10 05:39 AM
AW

TU Ttyl

Nesre
Posted By: Alcoholic's Wife Re: AW do you have time? - 08/01/10 06:08 AM
Not sure if this link will work but this should be it. Title is never give up.....what god can do

Http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum37/HTML/007629.html
Posted By: Scotland Re: AW do you have time? - 08/01/10 12:50 PM
AW, GREAT story.
Posted By: nesre Re: AW do you have time? - 08/14/10 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Alcoholic's Wife
Nesre,
Yes you have it right. The A was for me the last straw and I filed for D . Did dark plan b I guess you could say. Though I knew nothing of mb concepts I was plan a most of our marriage prior to d-day . H had a ' revelation moment that can only be explained as from above.
I will post more tomorrow from pc, too hard to type on the phone :-)

AW
Thank you for posting. Your story has helped me to proceed with what is right at this point in the M and life. I have no clue where God is going to take this or what the future holds but I know it will work out according to His plans and in HIs time.

God Bless

Nesre
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums