Marriage Builders
Posted By: atena Interesting Article on Affairs - 02/16/11 09:00 AM
Hi all,
I found this article somewhat interesting. It focuses on a lot of stuff Dr. H says as well.
It has its flaws but I think all and all it can be helpful to understanding the stages of the A and the R process.
Here is the link
http://www.sexualwholeness.com/downloads/Rosenau1998.pdf

blessing
Posted By: ConstantProcess Re: Interesting Article on Affairs - 02/21/11 03:47 AM
I liked it Atena. especially dispelling the myths. smile
Posted By: StuckWaiting Re: Interesting Article on Affairs - 02/21/11 05:51 PM
I agree it doesn't match up exactly with the Harleys, but it seems really thorough. If my future MC reads this article and adheres to the principles in it, I would be very hopeful and encouraged.

There are a lot of nightmare MC stories on the MB board, so I hope I find one more relatively closely aligned with this article, if not the Harley method.

The article itself was pretty encouraging for me, too... reminders that what our feelings as a BS are "normal" go a long way towards preserving my sanity.
Posted By: Fred_in_VA Re: Interesting Article on Affairs - 02/21/11 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by StuckWaiting
I agree it doesn't match up exactly with the Harleys, but it seems really thorough. If my future MC reads this article and adheres to the principles in it, I would be very hopeful and encouraged.

There are a lot of nightmare MC stories on the MB board, so I hope I find one more relatively closely aligned with this article, if not the Harley method.

The article itself was pretty encouraging for me, too... reminders that what our feelings as a BS are "normal" go a long way towards preserving my sanity.
StuckWaiting, this is Dr. Harley's site and his methods have been proven far longer than many MC have been in business.

If you feel there are other, better ways than Dr. Harley's why are you here?

I hear the same sort of slant against A.A. My response is, "if A.A. isn't for you, then don't go." If you have a better solution, then use it.

What I don't get is people who come to MB and then argue with the advice they're given. (And I say this as one who had some initial misgivings when I first got here).

There are other sites and other programs. Do they work? I don't know. Just like the alcoholic who sobers up in A.A., why look further when the solution has already been given?
Posted By: StuckWaiting Re: Interesting Article on Affairs - 02/21/11 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
StuckWaiting, this is Dr. Harley's site and his methods have been proven far longer than many MC have been in business.

If you feel there are other, better ways than Dr. Harley's why are you here?

I hear the same sort of slant against A.A. My response is, "if A.A. isn't for you, then don't go." If you have a better solution, then use it.

What I don't get is people who come to MB and then argue with the advice they're given. (And I say this as one who had some initial misgivings when I first got here).

There are other sites and other programs. Do they work? I don't know. Just like the alcoholic who sobers up in A.A., why look further when the solution has already been given?

Hi Fred--I don't think I was clear. Harley's method IS best. And I'm using it. Much of the article DOES align with the MB method.

My WW and I genuinely can't afford the price of Harley counseling--but insurance will cover traditional MC. What I'm saying in a nutshell is that the article gives me hope that some traditional MCs are aligned closely with the Harleys, and I hope I can find one of those near-Harley MCs.

I love MB. That's why I'm here!
Posted By: atena Re: Interesting Article on Affairs - 02/21/11 10:06 PM
hi all,
I just want to point out that the reason i posted this article is not for it to be against MB but to show that it is a subject that get much attention.
Blessing
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums