Marriage Builders
Posted By: Izz Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:00 AM
I have been a person that has always been faithful. I have been with my husband for 9 years, but for the past 1 1/2 our marriage seemed to fade away. I was gone with work and and when I was home, he was gone with his buddy's to concerts, races, football games, etc. We argued a lot and to me it seemed like our marrige was going south. I reconnected with a friend on Facebook and met when I was on a business trip for dinner, and things went farther. We both immediately realized we had made a mistake, and severed ties. This incident made me realize how much I loved my husband and that we both needed to try harder to make our marrige a happy marriage. This incident happened 4 months ago and my husband and I are happier than ever now. I have learned my lesson and will NEVER do something like this again, but am plagued with guilt. I feel like I should try to forgive myself and move on leaving this one mistake in the past, but I am having a difficult time doing that. My husband did nothing wrong and does not deserve to be hurt.
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:06 AM
and things went farther

Like what, exactly?
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:07 AM
I feel like I should try to forgive myself

Why?
You're still dishonest.
Posted By: Izz Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:07 AM
I was completely unfaithful.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:10 AM
Hi Izz, welcome to Marriage Builders.

The answer is yes, you should tell your husband. First off, you can't forgive yourself when you are lying to him about his life. Forgiveness comes with repentance and you are anything but repentant. This is pertinent information about his life that he has a right to know. To not tell him is cruel and manipulative.

He does not deserve to be lied to about the affair. Your marriage has a very serious problem and he won't know unless you tell him. That way he can take steps to protect himself from you. You should not be trusted and this is something he must know, Izz.

And it is very likely that you will do this again unless he knows and takes steps to stop you.

Is this rat married too?
Posted By: Izz Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:11 AM
Yes, the rat is married too, and does not want his name ever brought up if I were to confess. He chooses not to, because he said it would destroy his family for the rest of their lives. Which makes it a little harder for me because my husband would want a name.
Posted By: GloveOil Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:12 AM
Izz, welcome to MarriageBuilders.

I'm a guy who had an affair 3 years ago. A bit of a rarity around this site, but it's who you need to hear from right now. Listen up:

It's clear to me from your choice of words that you're hoping for someone to advise you to keep it swept undder the rug & "just move forward."

Sorry, but that doesn't work. (Maybe in the movies, but not so much in real life.)

Overcoming infidelity & building a better marriage than what you had before an affair -- which needs to be your goal -- requires a change in mindset. It requires transparency, openness & honesty -- retrospectively as well as in the present. It requires going to your spouse when you feel your needs aren't being met, rather than letting frustrations & resentments fester. It requires putting our spouse's need for honesty above our self-serving "need" to cover our bums when we do something wrong.

3 years ago, on the day I confessed my affair to my wife, was the hardest day of my life. It was also the hardest day of my wife's life up to that point in time. But once I'd gotten into a mindset that condoned infidelity, there was no other way out.

What MelodyLane told you bears repeating:
And it is very likely that you will do this again unless he knows and takes steps to stop you.

See, I too thought I could break it off at every stage. Before it went too far. And once I'd gone all the way too far, I thought I could let it just go cold. Didn't work that way. It doesn't work that way.

If you've got questions, ask me.

You can't paper this over with a lie. Living a coverup is one of the most stressful things you can attempt. It'll never feel right. Trust me. I've walked in those shoes of yours. You don't want to stay there. That, I promise you.
Posted By: Izz Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:14 AM
And, there is no chance I would do this ever again. I understand that as an outsider you would feel this way, but if you knew me, you would know that this has killed me. I can't figure out how I was in such a fog at the time to let this even happen. It will hang over my head forever.
Posted By: GloveOil Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by Izz
And, there is no chance I would do this ever again. I understand that as an outsider you would feel this way, but if you knew me, you would know that this has killed me. I can't figure out how I was in such a fog at the time to let this even happen. It will hang over my head forever.

No, you're mistaken, Izz. As long as deception is the instrument by which you solve your problems, there's a very good chance you'll do this again. Spoken to you heart-to-heart, from an insider.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by Izz
Yes, the rat is married too, and does not want his name ever brought up if I were to confess. He chooses not to, because he said it would destroy his family for the rest of their lives. Which makes it a little harder for me because my husband would want a name.

Sorry, but your husband has a right to know his name. And his wife has a right to know what you and her H did to her and her children. So no, you can't withhold the name. You can't have secrets with this rat that your husband and his wife are not privy to.

The OM does not have right to the privacy when has adulterous sex with a married woman.
Posted By: Izz Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:19 AM
Gloveoil,
Thank you for your advise. My husband was married once before, but I had never been married. This exact thing happened to my husband 11 years ago and he never got over it. I feel like the worst person in the world for doing this to him, but can't stand the thought of telling him. I don't think he would ever get over it. Who is that helping?
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:19 AM
Originally Posted by Izz
And, there is no chance I would do this ever again.

You are not repentant so you have not turned away from your wrongdoing. As long as you are not repentant it is extremely likely you will do it again. You have done nothing to prevent it from happening again.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:22 AM
Originally Posted by Izz
I don't think he would ever get over it. Who is that helping?

It would help him so he can protect himself from you. And you are right, he may never get over it. He may choose to end your marriage. And that is his right. You have no right to deny him the right to make that choice. He is not your pet. He is a human being who has a right to make the decisions about his own life. You have no right to make that choice for him. And are the LEAST qualified to make decisions in his best interest.

You are manipulative and DANGEROUS to him. He has to know so he can protect himself.
Posted By: Izz Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:22 AM
Oh yes I have. I severed all ties from this person. Facebook, cell phone, etc. I have no way to get into contact with this person at this moment and have asked him to not ever contact me again. This was not some long affair that I had, it was basically a regretful one night stand. The worst mistake of my life. I would do anything to take it back, but that is just wishful thinking.
Posted By: Gamma Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:23 AM
Izz,

Yes you need to come clean, but you already know that, this will haunt you for the rest of your marriage, please get it done NOW.

20+ years ago my W had an affair but we never dealt with it and it just went on and on.

Your Husband might know more than you suspect, but it's just an uneasy feeling that won't go away.

It is really unfair to your H that your have exposed him to whatever STDs the OM has as well, you H needs to get tested.

God Bless
Gamma
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by Izz
Oh yes I have. I severed all ties from this person. Facebook, cell phone, etc. I have no way to get into contact with this person at this moment and have asked him to not ever contact me again. This was not some long affair that I had, it was basically a regretful one night stand. The worst mistake of my life. I would do anything to take it back, but that is just wishful thinking.

No, this was NOT a "one night stand." You knew this man and had an affair for quite some time before you had sex with him.

You said this:
I reconnected with a friend on Facebook

That is not a "one night stand."
Posted By: GloveOil Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:27 AM
Izz, I'm not here to gang up on you. I'm listening with a lot more empathy than you might be perceiving.

I'm just here to tell you that if I hadn't confessed, I doubt I'd still be married today. I would've lost the best woman on the planet, my home, my children, maybe my job, everything I worked toward & stood for. AND I would not have the much-improved relationship I have with my wife today.

The affair is not the main issue. The dishonesty, the lack of transparency in your relationship, is the issue. The fact that you've exposed your husband to an STD risk without his knowledge is one very concrete way in which you're risking hurting him. That is a choice about his health which you have no right whatsoever to make for him. It's wrong any way you slice it. Go ahead & try to justify not telling him about this health risk. You can't. Who is that helping? Clearly, it's about you covering your bum.

If it were about caring for your husband, then you'd tell him.

If you're hoping to find anyone here on this forum who'll tell you it's OK to sweep it under the carpet, you might as well spare yourself the time & call it a night. This is MarriageBuilders -- it aims at building fulfilling marriages, not just marriages where the couples fake it & grit their teeth to get through the marriage, & cry when their spouse isn't around. You can't build a fulfilling marriage on a foundation of dishonesty. It just doesn't work.
Posted By: Izz Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:34 AM
I desperately want to tell my husband, but just don't want him to hurt over something that was MY mistake, not his. I did go to the doctor for my annual exam and am clear of everything, so that is NOT an issue.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:37 AM
Originally Posted by Izz
I desperately want to tell my husband, but just don't want him to hurt over something that was MY mistake, not his. I did go to the doctor for my annual exam and am clear of everything, so that is NOT an issue.

If you don't want to "hurt" him, then stop lying to him. You have already hurt him by committing adultery; now you are just withholding the truth from him. You compound the crime by lying to him and tricking him into staying married to you.

There is no other way to make this right than to be honest with him. You are dangerous to him and he has a right to know what you did to him.

You can't claim to be sorry when you lie to you husband.
Posted By: Izz Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:38 AM
What would be the best way to tell him? How do you tell him?
Posted By: Gamma Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:40 AM
Izz,

I did go to the doctor for my annual exam and am clear of everything, so that is NOT an issue.

Not really, one person can be immune to HPV, yet transmit it to a third party, since HPV can cause cancer this is no trivial matter.

http://www.cdc.gov/hpv/cancer.html

God Bless
Gamma
Posted By: Izz Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:40 AM
Melodylane,
You seem pretty vicious about this, and not helpful at all. I didn't come on here to have stones thrown at me. I came on here for good solid advise from folks who have had experience in this matter.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:41 AM
Originally Posted by Izz
What would be the best way to tell him? How do you tell him?

Just sit him down and tell him the truth. And don't even think of withholding the name of the OM. Your H has a right to know the full and complete truth. This is information about his life, after all.
Posted By: GloveOil Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:41 AM
Originally Posted by Izz
I guess you didn't go to medical school, did you, Izz? Don't you know that some diseases can take more than 4 months to show up on a test?

Please stop making this out to be a noble effort to protect your husband. You've come here bending over backward to find some sort of excuse to cover your own bum & still somehow feel good about it. That's really all this is about. Covering your own bum.

As long as deceitfulness is your default mode of problem-solving, you won't be able to improve your marriage. The things that you sought elsewhere, you will find further occasion to seek elsewhere. Because your fear of consequences is trumping your love for your husband.

Perfect love casts out fear. So why not take a step out in faith: Put love ahead of your fear, and see how good a marriage can be?
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:42 AM
Originally Posted by Izz
Melodylane,
You seem pretty vicious about this, and not helpful at all. I didn't come on here to have stones thrown at me. I came on here for good solid advise from folks who have had experience in this matter.

Izz, nothing I can say would be as vicious as committing adultery with someone else's husband. But that is what you did. The TRUTH is vicious here, not the truthful words used to describe it. So please don't talk to me about being "vicious," Madam. crazy
Posted By: Gamma Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:44 AM
Izz,

The other thing is this can you imagine keeping this secret for 5, 10 years or 20 years?

How to tell him, just get it done, don't spread it over 20 years like my W did, and I still don't have everything.

God Bless
Gamma
Posted By: Izz Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:48 AM
No, I really can't imagine keeping this secret forever.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:48 AM
Originally Posted by Izz

And specifically what did I say that was "not helpful?" When I told you to tell your husband the truth? That you were dangerous to him? That you have no right to trick him? Is that what you mean by "not helpful?"

Just because you don't like hearing the truth, does not mean it is not "helpful," it just means you don't like it. And people are not here to just tell you want to hear. We will tell you what you NEED to hear.
Posted By: Gamma Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:54 AM
Izz,

One of the painful facts for me is that my W's affair reduced the quality of our marriage for 20 years.

When you tell your H he may just reply that he knows btw, or he may feel relieved that you cleared up something he felt, but didn't feel ok about asking you.

God Bless
Gamma
Posted By: Gamma Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:55 AM
Izz,

Does your H know this person?

Is this person married?

God Bless
Gamma
Posted By: GloveOil Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:56 AM
You don't need to keep it a secret forever. Nor should you. (It quite possibly won't work anyway. All it takes is one slip-up... maybe the other man decides to "reconnect" with you one day, but he gets the wrong party on the phone, or a wrong account; or your husband checks up on your Facebook one day, using a password that you didn't know he knows... and does a little digging... Which do you think would be harder for your husband: Hearing it from you, or hearing it from OM, or finding out on his own? Which do you think would be worst for you?)

Confessing was the hardest thing I've ever done.

And I shudder to think where I might be today if I hadn't.

I don't get a penny for spending time here telling you this stuff, Izz. My wife has a late shift & I've got time to kill tonight. My only motivation here is, I've seen what infidelity does to marriages, and I understand how it acts. (My other woman didn't confess to her husband. She got found out by him. She blew her chance to end it & come clean. Within 13 months, he had divorced her, which is about as fast as the law allows here in this state.) I have a lifetime of atonement ahead. But I at least can find some comfort in knowing that I've fessed up, and knowing that my wife & I make efforts today & are attuned to one another & in ways that we once weren't during those awful 11 weeks when I was in my affair. And I'm honest in ways I wasn't back then.

If you want to get to that place, you've gotta cross the river of truth, though.

Posted By: Izz Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 03:01 AM
No, this person lives 5 states away, and my husband does not know this person. Yes, this person is married with two children.
Posted By: GloveOil Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 03:07 AM
Originally Posted by Izz
No, this person lives 5 states away, and my husband does not know this person. Yes, this person is married with two children.
Doesn't matter where he lives. My OW carried on her other affair (before her affair with me) with her ex-BF from college, who lived in Florida. He managed to arrange his business-trip itineraries to take him back through Virginia, though. Affairees who "reconnect" once, tend to reconnect again, unless fundamental life changes are made, including the introduction of transparency in the marriage & steps taken so that the betrayed spouse can verifiably ensure that the affairees don't remain in contact. Without your husband's knowledge of the affair, or the reasons for these steps, he can't participate with you properly in implementing them.

Your desire to cover your heinie in the present will put your marriage at a huge disadvantage in the future. That's one of the reasons you need to come clean, as Step #1 in building a better marriage. Which is what you must do. After all, the marriage you had before got you into an affair. You need to make your marriage better than that, and you can't do this without letting your H in on the why & allowing him to participate in the how.
Posted By: Izz Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 03:13 AM
I really appreciate everyone's advise.
Posted By: Zeke351 Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 03:19 AM
Originally Posted by Izz
I reconnected with a friend on Facebook and met when I was on a business trip for dinner, and things went farther.

Izz,

As a BS, I can honestly tell you that it would have been a heck of a lot easier for everyone if my FWW had come to me, been honest, repentant and told me the truth from the start.

Does you BH deserve to know EVERYTHING? ABSOLUTELY! Don't try to spare his feelings by holding back any or all of the truth..trickle truth as it is called. Bare your soul, pray for forgiveness from your BH eventually..it must be earned.

How I explained it to my FWW was that she had lost all rights to decide what I needed to know, that was now my decision to make ONLY.

As far as the harshness you perceive on the board from some people, I can assure you they are VERY passionate about saving marriages, they talk straight, loud and carry enormous 2x4's they are not afraid to use. laugh Above all they are honest and don't tell you what you want to hear but what you NEED to hear.

Zeke351
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 03:30 AM
Izz,

Everyday that you keep this secret is another lie. You're putting an awful lot of faith in this OM (a/k/a rat) to keep your secret. What happens one day if HE decides that HE can't live with this secret and he confesses to his wife? What happens if she demands to know WHO and he spills the beans? What if he brags to someone? What if he decides not to stick to no contact?

This will NOT stay a secret. You're trusting this untrustworthy man with a stick of dynamite that may blow up your marriage and your life.

Even if he doesn't tell, your BH will figure it out or sense that something's wrong with you. You can't keep this kind of lie between you and have a good marriage. You just can't. Not possible.

It will be 1000x worse if your BH finds out from anyone but you.

If you come clean, we'll help you with that. Your BH may decide to forgive you or he may not. But won't it be a relief to know that there are no more secrets?

Stop the lying.
Posted By: americajin Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 02:19 PM
Even if he doesn't tell, your BH will figure it out or sense that something's wrong with you. You can't keep this kind of lie between you and have a good marriage. You just can't. Not possible.

It will be 1000x worse if your BH finds out from anyone but you.

If you come clean, we'll help you with that. Your BH may decide to forgive you or he may not. But won't it be a relief to know that there are no more secrets?

Stop the lying.

Totally agree.

No, not vicious, just uncompromising in knowing that you must tell the truth. You're getting great advice, just not what you wanted to hear. You want us to tell you that you are justified in continuing to lie to your husband to save him from being hurt which, of course, we are not about to do.

No, you don't want to tell your husband because you are afraid of the consequences. has nothing to do with being afraid to hurt him, if you were afraid to hurt him you wouldn't have been unfaithful. Now you're lying to yourself and us, only it ain't working with us.
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 04:26 PM
Your thread title:

Should I confess?

.... Has been answered.

Why?
Because it's the right thing to do.
The moral thing to do.
The honest thing to do.

Have you read Marriage Builders basic concepts?
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 04:38 PM
Within the basic concepts on this site is a list of LOVE BUSTERS.

Read this **** LINK ****

Dishonesty is a huge love buster.

Originally Posted by MB Basic Concepts- Love busters
Dishonesty

If your spouse had an affair ten years ago that was a brief indiscretion, would you want to know about it?

If you had an affair ten years ago that you ended because you knew it was wrong, should you tell your spouse about it?

These are tough questions that go to the heart of our fifth Love Buster -- dishonesty.

Dishonesty is the strangest of the five Love Busters. Obviously, no one likes dishonesty, but sometimes honesty seems even more damaging. What if the truth is more painful than a lie?

When a wife first learns that her husband has been unfaithful, the pain is often so great that she wishes she had been left ignorant. When a husband discovers his wife's affair, it's like a knife in his heart -- and he wonders if it would have been better not knowing. In fact, many marriage counselors advise clients to avoid telling spouses about past infidelity, saying that it's too painful for people to handle. Besides, if it's over and done with, why dredge up the sewage of the past?

It's this sort of confusion that leads some of the most well-intentioned husbands and wives to lie to each other, or at least give each other false impressions. They feel that dishonesty will help them protect each other's feelings.

But what kind of a relationship is that? The lie is a wall that comes between the two partners, something hidden, a secret that cannot be mentioned, yet is right under the surface of every conversation.

And dishonesty can be as addictive as a drug. One secret leads to another. If you start using dishonesty to protect each other's feelings, where will it end?

That's why dishonesty is a strange Love Buster. Lies clearly hurt a relationship over the long-term, but truth can also hurt, especially in the short-term. It's no wonder that many couples continue in dishonesty -- because they feel they can't take the shock of facing the truth, at least right now. As a result, the marriage dies a slow death.

Honesty is like a flu shot. It may give you a short, sharp pain, but it keeps you healthier over the following months.

In the case of infidelity, don't you think that your own affair would be one of the most important pieces of information about yourself? How could you ever expect to have an intimate relationship with someone to whom you cannot reveal your most inner feelings?

I'll admit that infidelity is an extreme example of something you would be tempted to lie about. But "little white lies" can be just as destructive when discovered, and there's even less justification for them. If it makes sense to be honest about something as hurtful as an affair, it makes even more sense to be honest about something more trivial, such as buying something you know your spouse would not have approved.

I wanted to use the extreme case of infidelity to underscore the curious nature of this Love Buster and how important honesty is, even in extreme cases. But whether the lie is about something as devastating as an affair, or something that would simply be disappointing to your spouse, it's dishonesty, not honesty, that makes matters worse. I draw a distinction between the pain of a thoughtless act and the pain of knowing about a thoughtless act. Honesty sometimes creates some pain, the pain of knowing that your spouse has been thoughtless. But it is really the thoughtless act itself that causes the pain. Dishonesty may defer some of that pain, but it compounds the pain later. The truth usually comes out eventually, and the months or years of hiding it not only creates an emotional barrier before it is revealed, but also destroys trust afterward.

Dishonesty strangles compatibility. To create and sustain compatibility, you must lay your cards on the table. You must be honest about your thoughts, feelings, habits, likes, dislikes, personal history, daily activities and plans for the future. When misinformation is part of the mix, you have little hope of making successful adjustments to each other. Dishonesty not only makes solutions hard to find, but it often leaves couples ignorant of the problems themselves.

There's another very important reason to be honest. Honesty tends to make our behavior more thoughtful. If we knew that everything we do and say would be televised and reviewed by all our friends, we would be far less likely to engage in thoughtless acts. Criminals would not steal and commit violent acts as much if they knew they would be caught each time they did. Honesty is the television camera in our lives. We know what we do, and if we are honest about what we do, we tend not to engage in thoughtless acts because we know those acts will be revealed-by ourselves.

In an honest relationship, thoughtless acts are usually corrected. Bad habits are nipped in the bud. Honesty keeps a couple from drifting into incompatibility-as incompatible attitudes and behavior are revealed, they can become targets for elimination. But if these attitudes and behavior remain hidden, they are left to grow out of control.

So many of the couples I've counseled have been confused as to what constitutes honesty in marriage, that I have created a policy to explain it. I call it the Policy of Radical Honesty, because so many think it's radical. But from my perspective either you are honest or you are dishonest. There is no middle ground.

My next Basic Concept will explain this policy to you, and try to justify something so radical that there are very few counselors who recommend it. And yet, without honesty -- radical honesty -- your marriage has little hope for success, and you and your spouse are very unlikely to be in love with each other.
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 04:39 PM
It's this sort of confusion that leads some of the most well-intentioned husbands and wives to lie to each other, or at least give each other false impressions. They feel that dishonesty will help them protect each other's feelings.

But what kind of a relationship is that? The lie is a wall that comes between the two partners, something hidden, a secret that cannot be mentioned, yet is right under the surface of every conversation.

And dishonesty can be as addictive as a drug. One secret leads to another. If you start using dishonesty to protect each other's feelings, where will it end?
Posted By: Justlooking24 Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Izz
and things went farther.

I was completely unfaithful

You are still trying to cover up the disgusting thing you did.

Face the fact that you chose to screw a scumbag loser while your husband was away. Face the fact that this loser used you as an unpaid whore while his wife was at home with his kids.

Until you admit the truth of what you did you can never recover from it.
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Izz
Melodylane,
You seem pretty vicious about this, and not helpful at all.

Cut the drama, mamma. dramaqueen

I didn't come on here to have stones thrown at me.

Creating D.R.A.M.A. on this forum will not help your marriage.

I came on here for good solid advise from folks who have had experience in this matter.

And, that's what you've got.
I posted a direct quote from the owner of Marriage Builders (Dr Harley) which explains why lying to spare your husband's feelings is detrimental to your marriage.

Lying is lazy.
Lying is you putting a bandaid over a filthy infected wound troubling your marriage.... an infected wound which will not heal properly without being thoroughly cleansed.

Keep posting.
kiss
Posted By: Justlooking24 Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Izz
it was basically a regretful one night stand.

NO this was you choosing to allow a scumbag loser to use you as a semen depository.
Posted By: Justlooking24 Re: Should I confess? - 11/23/11 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Izz

Than you need to tell the scumbags wife also.

Posted By: TheRoad Re: Should I confess? - 11/24/11 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Justlooking24
Originally Posted by Izz

NO this was you choosing to allow a scumbag loser to use you as a semen depository.

puke

Question:

How would you feel if your WW was referred to in such a way?

How does calling this WW in such a way help?
Posted By: indiegirl Re: Should I confess? - 11/24/11 08:34 PM
Hi Izz. Welcome!

I just want to pitch in here and urge you to save your marriage before this secret either puts you in the funny farm or blows up in your face.

You havent stopped this affair. You and OM have a secret, still. You are continuing the deception against your h, dont you see?

Us BSs hate the lies more than anything that was 'done'. You have been lying for four months. You have made the last four months of your marriage worthless and untrue.

Do you want to make it a year...two..ten?

I personally never think of my WH and OW having sex, but I picture his face lying to me all the time. If he had come clean, it would have cleansed a lot of that pain away for me. I could have at least respected that he was honest at the last.

I will bet you anything your H has a very queesy feeling that soemthing is wrong, but he doesnt know 'what'.

For me the relief of finding out I wasnt crazy was almost worth it.

You have done something dreadful. If you ARE repentant you will do the right thing from here on, which is all any of us can do when we mess up.

You know what the right thing to do is.

1. Put aside any fear of what will happen to YOU.
2. Tell your H the complete truth, holding nothing back. Tell him he has access to anything and everything he wants to see. (phone bills credit card statements etc - facebook history)
3. Do what he wants in the way he wants to be healed. Take it on the chin unflinchingly.

Then you will have made a start.

Everyone here is pulling for your marriage, and there are many success stories on here. The vets (i.e MelodyLane who gives excellent advice and you are VERY lucky to have someone with her experience posting) will get a bit bootcamp - but it is for your own good.

There are numerous successes on here gained through truth but we have no truck with liars. So which is it? In or out?

Posted By: CaliSun Re: Should I confess? - 11/24/11 08:53 PM
Izz, please don't be like me! I had a ONS 18 months ago. The guilt ate me alive, I became involved in an EA with another man. My marriage fell apart. My husband turned to other women to escape the pain. Deep down he knew all along something was off with me! Until I confessed the original sin that got us here, we were nowhere near recovery. I didn't know if he would leave me, but the truth was more important to him than the action. Tell him and do it soon,God bless!
Posted By: indiegirl Re: Should I confess? - 11/24/11 08:54 PM
See my sig, hon.

The Truth will set you free.
Posted By: Zeke351 Re: Should I confess? - 11/24/11 09:51 PM
Izz,

Are you still around? I hope hearing some things you didn't want to hear didn't run you off.

Zeke351
Posted By: L2010NM Re: Should I confess? - 11/25/11 12:50 AM
I'm a FWW & FBW, I found about my H A from a love note to OW#2 puke I wished that he would have told me instead of me finding out myself. It would have made our recovery easier and I would have respected him if he had grown some and confess to me. It was the deception that mutilated our M.

Now as a FWW, I can totally understand that you don't want to tell him. I was in your shoes! I didn't want to do it at all and was stalling and trying to find a perfect time to tell him but I knew that I needed to tell him if I want a chance to recover our M. With the intervention I got here and an angel/stranger, I told my H. There is no perfect time to tell your H about this so just do it. I told mine when I joined him on a business trip, the first night I arrived I just blurted it out. You just have to do it otherwise it's going to eat you and you won't have a marriage. Sure you can pretend that it's perfect on the surface and you would even convince yourself that your marriage is great but you have an infection in your marriage and you can't hide it with a band aid, you need to clean that infection out. Don't think and just do it.

Hope you keep posting.
Posted By: Justlooking24 Re: Should I confess? - 11/25/11 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by TheRoad
Originally Posted by Justlooking24
Originally Posted by Izz

puke

Question:

How would you feel if your WW was referred to in such a way?

How does calling this WW in such a way help?

The truth sometimes is puke

There was a time when the alien who invaded my WW was doing the same thing.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums