Marriage Builders
Posted By: BrainHurts Dr. Harley on How to Deal With Triggers - 11/06/13 04:47 PM
Here are some more clips on triggers and dwelling.

Radio clip on Triggers
Segment #2
Another clip on triggers.

Radio Clip on Getting Rid of Triggers
But what if he won't tell the whole truth? What if it keeps trickling in because you keep finding things out. I thought I had been told the whole truth, then a week later I found something else out. Then a week later i stumbled across another piece of information. I haven't learned anything new for over 3 months now, but I still feel like he hasn't told me the whole truth. I feel like he never will. So how do you stop dwelling on it? How long uintill the pain diminishes? I do really well for a couple weeks and then there is a trigger and I'm depressed for a week.
Posted By: Prisca Re: Dr. Harley on How to Deal With Triggers - 11/06/13 05:28 PM
So how do you stop dwelling on it?
You were advised on your thread to get him to take a polygraph. Did you ever do that? You were also advised to move. Did you?
Radio Clip on Flashbacks
Segment #2
Segment #3
Radio Clip on Emotional Triggers
Segment #2
Segment #3
Radio Clip on Triggers
Radio Clip
Shannon writes that she's consumed with her husband's infidelity. She asks how she can move forward
Posted By: A_New_Me Re: Dr. Harley on How to Deal With Triggers - 01/20/16 06:39 PM
I totally understand you questioning whether or not he is telling you the truth about everything. During the time I was trying to get my husband to confess about his affair, he offered to take a dang lie detector test! Although he is a police officer, I still don't think he would have actually passed. Once he confessed, it took me almost three weeks to get EVERYTHING out of him. I even had to get the other woman and her husband involved because she had confessed everything to her husband. My husband would tell me one thing, then I would ask her & it would be a totally different answer. I'd confront my husband and he would finally admit the truth, her being right. It sounds crazy but I think in my mind it's easier to forgive her, maybe just because she was honest about it all. I too would find something new out, get past it, have a good few days, then out of nowhere, here came something else.
Sunny writes for Dr. Harley's perspective regarding triggers and strong emotions when reading the book Surviving an Affair.
Radio Clip
Jose writes if we are not suppose to talk about past mistakes like an affair, then how do we deal with the mistake?
Radio Clip
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums