Marriage Builders
Posted By: Aisha03 How soon to tie the knot? - 09/21/08 09:49 PM
My fiance' and I have been living together since April and we have been in pre-marital counseling since June. We have only been engaged since September. However, I dont want to continue to live in sin for month and months. Id rather get married soon after counseling. He wants to do a July wedding and I cant imagine us staying pure until then. We dont practice it anymore. However, it does happen and we repent. It used to be us freely going at it in the past. Now it rarely happens. I was thinking from January to March and those months because we would still be able to plan a church wedding. Even still thinking about waiting that long bothers me. Its very hard and it makes me just want to run to justice of peace and have a reception and honeymoon.

How soon would U advise us to do so?
Posted By: Tabby1 Re: How soon to tie the knot? - 09/22/08 05:44 PM
I don't get it. You live together. But you don't have sex because you aren't married. Ok but you do sometimes but try not to? Not exactly sure whats going on here.

If your religion dictates that you should not have sex before marriage, move out, set a date, then get married and move back in. Meanwhile, talk to your pastor/priest/rabbi/appropriate religious leader or counsellor for advise on how to reconcile your religious differences and your actions.

Whatever you do, don't rush a wedding - even simple wedding plans are hard. SF may be great but is it really worth cutting corners on your special day? You will treasure the memories of your wedding - don't spoil it just to speed things along.
Posted By: Pepperband Re: How soon to tie the knot? - 09/27/08 05:45 PM
What are your ages?

© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums