Marriage Builders
Posted By: not2fun Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 01/04/10 06:53 AM
((((((GODDESSES)))))))))

I've been thinking a while of re-starting this.

For the newcomers, there was an old thread started when I first got here. It was a thread CELEBRATING the our feminism. It helped me tremendously on my worst days. Dealing with the horrors and terrors of adultery takes a toll on us....

So, TODAY, is the day to get out of bed, do what-ever it takes to help YOU feel your womanly best........

So, lets help each other out.....

my love and best to all of you.....

"GODDESS" not2fun
Posted By: not2fun Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 01/04/10 07:18 AM
Rules on being a GODDESS.....

1. Live your life to the fullest

2. To support and help EMPOWER your fellow GODDESSES

3. Head up....Chest out.... lashes

4. All things that make you feel WOMANLY are good!!!!

5. A small dose of chocolate every day.....(ok, this is optional..)

flirt

And remember....

"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission..."

kiss
Posted By: not2fun Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 01/04/10 04:22 PM
(((((GODDESSES))))),

Good, wonderful yet FREEZING morning!!!!

Have you all started your morning well??.....

I am on my way to the gym. I unfortunately have gained some of my weight back... grumble
not to mention my attendance has been spotty, so I have been making it a priority to get myself back to where I was most comfortable. Not to mention it helps my mood.......

Then I will return home to get my "GODDESSY" best on....

Do you all have your masscara and lip gloss on???.....

Not2fun
Posted By: SusieQ Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 01/04/10 04:31 PM
Great idea!

My workouts have been inconsistent the last 2 weeks or so due to the holidays and kids being home... I'm ready to get back on track. I started my w/o this a.m. (I'm a video exerciser) and will finish it up later today. Running to the store today to stock up on healthy food to get myself on track smile
Posted By: SusieQ Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 01/04/10 04:39 PM
I never go anywhere without mascara, concealer and lipgloss on!

BTW, can I share some drugstore beauty finds? No more Sephora for me after finding these bargains...
mascara ~ Loreal Extend (red tube, handle on each end of the tube) uses "tube technology" no more raccoon eyes!!!

lipgloss ~ Revlon Colorstay, "Bare Maximum" perfect nude color, very natural, stays on all day.

eyebrows ~ Revlon Colorstay Eyebrow Enhancer. Not better than my HG Shu Uemura (sp?) pencil but a very close second and much cheaper! Very natural looking. Try it!

ETA: Skin Care: Cetaphil Gentle Skin cleanser, best stuff I have ever used. They sell it at Costco and it is so cheap. Burt's Bee's Radiance eye cream and day cream, I got the little sampler at the grocery store after hearing many good things. I love it!
Tiaras at all times

Even imaginary tiaras
lashes
Yup, okay, got my Tiara...

Anyway I did start WW, I was on it a few months before Dday when I only had to lose like 20 lbs....Okay ready for this...now its up to about 70 lbs...The BS diet only worked for me for about 6 mos. after that food has been my new best friend...I have NEVER been this heavy, I actually have people I havent seen in a few years say, BS what happened to you, dont let WS do that to you.

And I am not gonna let him get to me ANYMORE, I have wallowed enough....Let 2010 be the year for Betrayed Spouses!
Posted By: Tabby1 Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 01/04/10 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by not2fun
5. A small dose of chocolate every day.....(ok, this is optional..)
What do you mean OPTIONAL???????

Posted By: not2fun Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 01/04/10 05:55 PM
Soooooooo,

I'm at the gym and 7 min into my eliptical workout when my phone rings. DS had his finger mashed in the door. So, long story short, ended my workout and now we are at the Dr.'s awaiting x-rays. I swear the workout GODS are against me......

It was good to see ya all on here.

Pep, I'll dig my tiara out as soon as I get home...... wink

Susie, thanks for those tips...I'll have to check them out. I LOVE L'Oreal masscara. I for one cannot live without my masscara. It's always been the one thing that brightens my face.....

(((((Tabby)))))..... You cracke up. I didn't want any non-loving chocolate GODDESSES to feel misplaced.......but for YOU it's chocolate every day!!!!....I'll join as long as it's dark....

Well gotta put my nurse/mommy hat back on....... hug
I love the positivity of this post! I'm putting my tiara on now.

I am kind of opposite, I can't eat when I'm uspet. That may sound nice to some, but it is very unhealthy, not pretty, and I lose all my muscle; curves are pretty.

Anyway, the best workout is swimming. I exercizes more muscles than any other workout and simultaneously. It even exercizes your face muscles, so you look younger.

My beauty tips..Well supplements, lots of vitamins, Grapefruit seed extract (amazing stuff), SAMe (I took it in the summer and was on cloud nine), and find a spa that has a detox foot bath (takes all the toxins and chemicals out of your body and makes you just glow), um and of course yoga/meditation.

And all this applies to the Gods out there too! Get your crowns out too, lol!
Not2fun, you only eat chocolate in the dark?

PS...I hope your son is okay.
Thanks for the tips, Expectsamiracle...Yeah it must be tough to get too skinny, I feel so sorry for you.NOT!

Just kiddin, I have a friend like that and I hate her for it...LOL. smile
I can't do very much chocolate - gives me migraines, as does red wine...

Blech.

Burts Bees is the BEST. Try the tomato toner. LOVE IT.

Have lost 2 inches since I began working out on the WiiFit the 29th.

The great thing is, I don't feel like I'm working out...at least until the timer on the hula hoop countdown stops...THEN I feel it!
LOL! Yeah well I've been on the other end of the spectrum too; I gained 72 pounds from my pregnancy with my son(and that was 72 lbs after the delivery), so I was well over 200 lbs and I'm a short woman. I thought i'd never lose it, but then came some traumatic events and of course I starved it all off. It was good, but it's not so good to lose weight so fast when you're already at a healthy weight; I'm shriveling away frown. But really I think that too skinny is ugly. I'd rather fall in between. Look at Marilyn Monroe, she was a bigger woman and very beautiful with curves and all.

Anyway, I truly believe that beauty comes from inside. I've met people that at first glance seem so attractive and good looking, but after spending 5 minutes with them, they seem like the ugliest people on earth. I've also met people that didn't seem so attractive and after 5 minutes, they seem like the most attractive person in the world.

It always helps me to feel better when I'm exercizing and caring for myself, but the beauty really comes from the inside. That's why the yoga and meditation are so good, it helps you heal inside and deepen the love for yourself.
Posted By: Zelmo Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 01/04/10 06:20 PM
Zelmo here. Feeling quite womanly , today. Hear me roar.
I thought that was you makin all that ruckus, Zelmo. LOL...

And yes ExpectsAmiracle I posted about the beauty within thing on the Affairing down thread...I feel the exact same way as you about beauty...
Ha! I do have makeup on! But I'm afraid my shoes do not match my purse.

I am on a 90 change plan. There are physical, spiritual, vocaltional, and marital things involved - I won't go off on a tangent. But It's sort of an improvement/experiment. We'll see what happens smile

Oh, and in some box somewhere in our shed I have tiaras from when I used to be in pageants (yeah, yeah, go ahead and laugh). I'll be glad to share. Even Zelmo can have one, but only if is willing to participate in the evening gown competition.
You are a true Goddess, Zelmo....Cuz I aint gonna call you a God...Now get outta here with your sarcasm...LOL...Maybe you should start a God thread, Mwahahaha....
There is an evening gown competition, no one told me that shocked. Now let me go look for my prom dress, I hope I still fit in it...NOT! crybaby

Maybe...Uhhh, Zelmo, do you want to borrow it for the competition...Its a winner...Its from the 80's. You will look perty in it... grin
I sold all my gowns a long time ago. It's a pity...the fuschia one with the one big puffy sleeve and the asymetrical waist was a beauty!! I rolled my big hair and put it up in a banana clip and everything! 1989 was a good year.....sigh
Mine was 1986, WH graduated in 1989, but is only two year almost to the day older than me....Mine dress was red and white and was like what would cover you like a tube top on top, but the bottom was 1986 huge an' frilly and red and white, my hair was done up real big, ahhh the good ole days, Huh?

Zelmo, can you where tube tops...?
Posted By: Tabby1 Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 01/04/10 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
Not2fun, you only eat chocolate in the dark?
Dark chocolate in the dark! MMMMmmmmmmmmmm........

Hey I have 2 great dresses I currently fit into! One is a sexy red number to die for! OOOH LA LA!!!!
Posted By: Zelmo Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 01/04/10 07:39 PM
Mine was 1986, WH graduated in 1989, but is only two year almost to the day older than me....Mine dress was red and white and was like what would cover you like a tube top on top, but the bottom was 1986 huge an' frilly and red and white, my hair was done up real big, ahhh the good ole days, Huh?

Zelmo, can you where tube tops...?

Absolutely. I'm wearing one now. 14 below here in Minnesota, though. So, it is tough. But, WTH, I am a slave to fashion.
Posted By: not2fun Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 01/04/10 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Zelmo

Z,

Get you hinney outta here!!!!..... naughty

Unless you are willing to shave them legs, pluck your eyebrows, wax the unmentionables, squeeze into the Spanx, wear matching undergarments, and don a bikini, this thread will be of little use to you..... dramaqueen

this is a CELEBRATION of womanhood and feminity!!!!!

No penis's allowed!!!!!

GODDESS Not2fun
Posted By: not2fun Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 01/04/10 07:56 PM
Okay....back from the Dr.'s. DS finger all good, did put my day behind schedule though.....

BUT being the unflappable Goddess that I am, I will carry....

Dark chocolate in the dark......hmmm is there any other way???

Not2fun

I was feeling like I was totally intruding on the MB version of 'The View' here when I spotted ol' Zelmo, sauntering in to say hello.

Now I don't feel so bad......

TB
[Linked Image from 2.bp.blogspot.com]

Zelmo, is that you?
As long as you don't compare me to Joy Bahar that's fine. You are, however, required to watch at least 2 Lifetime moves per week...yuk!

In addition to being gorgeous, goddesses are also multi-talented. What kind of things are y'all good at?
Posted By: Zelmo Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 01/04/10 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by tst
[Linked Image from 2.bp.blogspot.com]

Zelmo, is that you?

No, but I'd date him.
Mwahahah....hahahahah rotflmao

Now that will the picture in my mind of what I think Zelmo looks like everytime he posts....I just pictured you better looking than that,Zelmo, and I thought you were kidding when you said you wear tube tops...Mwahahahah..

Wow. I hope that guy isn't from Alabama. I guess the 'tarnada done took his overhalls when it done sucked up his trailer.
Originally Posted by lurioosi2
As long as you don't compare me to Joy Bahar that's fine. You are, however, required to watch at least 2 Lifetime moves per week...yuk!

In addition to being gorgeous, goddesses are also multi-talented. What kind of things are y'all good at?

Eating and posting...Mwahaha...actually I shouldnt laugh I think I look like that guy in tst's post...Zelmo, so youll date me?....
Originally Posted by tst
Zelmo, is that you?

No, but I'd date him.

LMAO
Originally Posted by lurioosi2
Wow. I hope that guy isn't from Alabama. I guess the 'tarnada done took his overhalls when it done sucked up his trailer.

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao...Okay too much laughing rotflmao...Must stop laughing... rotflmao
OMG tst, that is the guy on Match.com who is looking for a woman who loves "starry moonlight walks on the beach, hand-in-hand, gazing into each other's eyes..."
OK, I NEVER go out of the house without full make-up and of course MY HAIR DONE - but we all know about my hair by now.
I recently bought some black jeans and a long black sweater at White House/Black Market which is my new fav store. I have them on now.

My goal is to lose a couple of pounds, but more importantly get into better shape. Things just aren't moving as well as they used to, and they aren't located where they used to be either. Don't know if I can fix both of those problems but I sure as h3ll am going to try.

Also, going to start piano lessons again next week. I haven't played much in the last two years, and I am very rusty, so I have to include that as part of my Goddess Plan.

Thats a great Goddess plan Chai....great idea with the piano lessons, I took lessons when I was 8 until college and havent taken any since...I was thinkin of taking guitar lessons, for some reason I have always wanted to play guitar.
Posted By: themud Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 01/04/10 09:17 PM
This is killing me...
Posted By: Zelmo Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 01/04/10 09:45 PM
You go , girls. I am getting a Brazilian Bikini wax and starting accordian lessons.
You go , girls. I am getting a Brazilian Bikini wax and starting accordian lessons.
rotflmao Zelmo, where do you come up with this stuff, you are hysterical.
piano lessons, guitar lessons....wow!

My goal is to finish the sequel to my first novel. I have around 150 pages done. I also need to fiish losing my seroquel weight (an evil bipolar drug that caused me to gain 65 pounds). Okay, yes, you can laugh at this....a fellow teacher took belly dancing last semester and got in serious shape. I am thinking of doing it too. Yo don't have to wear those weird clothes or anything, although I do have finger cymbals in my classroom! I need to do something to feel like a WOMAN smile
I know how you feel lurioosi. I gained 40 on my AD meds and in the year after I came off of it added 10 more. I cant remember what it was, but it worked so good for the depression.

I joined WW saturday...hoping I can get it off this year, we'll see..Good luck on your goal.

CELEXA, that is what it was, sorry but that was driving me crazy.
Yup, okay, got my Tiara...

Anyway I did start WW, I was on it a few months before Dday when I only had to lose like 20 lbs....Okay ready for this...now its up to about 70 lbs...The BS diet only worked for me for about 6 mos. after that food has been my new best friend...I have NEVER been this heavy, I actually have people I havent seen in a few years say, BS what happened to you, dont let WS do that to you.

And I am not gonna let him get to me ANYMORE, I have wallowed enough....Let 2010 be the year for Betrayed Spouses!

Hi Still, I can SO RELATE to this. I lost 87 lbs and have slowly put it back on. Oddly enough, the most of it was put on when I started to try and lose it again. I'm right here understanding.....
Yeah, Queenie, the weight thing stinks. But 2010 is our year all us BS' deserve it....I am going to start reading your thread again, I think I am in a better place now...Maybe its the new AD meds. I was just a little envious, but extremely happy for you, of course....

I hope R is goin well for you...tommorow Ill start catching up on ya.
I was just a little envious, but extremely happy for you, of course....
Still, I hope as you read my thread you saw how JEALOUS I was of so many people who were recovering their marriages.

Yeah, I was happy for them, but I WANTED it to be ME. It was my time or my story then. I know you are happy, but it's really ok, because as happy as you are, it's only natural to want it to be you.

Yep, things are going well. I am in a different place. I realize that my H is a sick human being. He still continues to not be willing to do what he needs on MY time, but that's the deal, it's MY time.

I love him and am willing to give him more time. I have my timetable and I have my commitment to myself.

I found out my DD is going to have a boy.
Forget accordian lessons... I'm gonna learn to play my pink ukulele.

Oh...to be a fly on the wall for that session.

Who wants to lay odds that Zel gets his nipples caught in the accordian at the same time the wax lady pulls the strip?
Posted By: not2fun Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 01/05/10 04:10 PM
(((((GODDESSES))))),

well I'm off for my workout. I return to work tomorrow.....today I'm getting my hair done. My poor roots are showing like mad!!!!

Still,

I hear ya about Celexa. I put massive weight on with that one. Here I was fighting anxiety and depression, go on meds to help, then gain 40 lb's!!!!......like THAT helped.... banghead....so then I began to get depressed about the weight gain. It was a vicious cycle. I ended up switching to Zoloft, which I am currently weaning off of....

Good job on the WW!!!!.... Nothing boosts the self-esteem as taking control of your own destiny.....

Do we all have our pretty clothes on???

GODDESS not2fun
I have my Old Navy Sweetheart jeans on. They are my favorite!
Teach your kiddos how to dance so they don't look like spazoids and have confidence. I remember dancing on my mother's feet as a child and always having music in the house.

Milk chocolate is it...the dark stuff...not so much. stickout
Originally Posted by Dealan-de

Oh...to be a fly on the wall for that session.

Who wants to lay odds that Zel gets his nipples caught in the accordian at the same time the wax lady pulls the strip?

rotflmao
Posted By: not2fun Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 01/05/10 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by black_raven
Teach your kiddos how to dance so they don't look like spazoids and have confidence.

But don't teach them if you ARE the spazzoid...... grin

Teach your kiddos how to dance so they don't look like spazoids and have confidence.

Take them to dance classes then...maybe 2-for-1. grin
Posted By: not2fun Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 01/05/10 05:45 PM
Ok....back from my workout and I feel so good. I'm so glad to get back to working out.....

AND, I picked up a class schedule..... They have yoga tomorrow at 5am!!!!!!

I have ALWAYS wanted to try yoga

and I want to get my workouts in BEFORE work so the time works out perfectly

yep, today is gonna be a great day!!!!!....now to get cleaned up

love ya ladies

not2fun

ps....I would not want to see anything concerning Z, nipples and accordions..... sick
Posted By: SusieQ Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 01/05/10 06:03 PM
Good for you Not! I had to try yoga several times before I liked it (I am not flexible and have terrible balance) but now I love it!

I am so sore after returning to exercise with a vengence yesterday LOL. Getting ready to do a jog and my Yogalosophy tape now.

Today will be starting early spring cleaning, going room by room, cleaning baseboards, doors, and re-organizing closets. Will do 1/2 hr each day over the next two weeks. My house looks like a bomb went off!! and having a neat organized house definitely makes me feel more goddess-like smile

Also wishing everyone a great day!
SusieQ, I can't see your name without singing.

Darn... lol.. guess i need my 2 y/o to teach me how to dance cause she tells me all the time... " No mommy...no... U doin it wrong!" lol.... and she is only two!
I'm taking a break from bulletin boards and lesson plans and such. I have on nice clothes - teachers went back to school today.

Do you know I never learned how to dance? I went to a church where dancing was a big no-no. I remember going to the junior prom with a friend, and than being "rebuked" and suspended from youth leadership duties. Sheesh! When I "dance" in my classroom to songs with the students, they kind of lovingly laugh at me. A few 5th graders tried to teach me the "soulja boy" last year....truly sad. But I can moonwalk!
SusieQ, I can't see your name without singing.

I cant see her name without thinking about Suzie-Q's....Mmmmmmmm...They have always been my favorite junk food, though they dont seem to be as good as they used to be, MMMMmmmmmm... chocolatey goodness and cream filling Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............Okay, im back now. grin

No more junk for me. Nooo
I had the little Wii guy choose a workout and then I did over 800 steps on the Wii Fit Free Aerobics yesterday.

My legs HATE me today. Muscles I didn't even know I had are screaming cusswords at me.

But I slept REALLY good.
Posted By: not2fun Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 01/07/10 05:06 PM
Way to go Kimmy..... hurray

((((GODDESSES)))),

Well, I see we've been "moved".....

Well, yesterday, I DID make it to the yoga class. It was fun. I am "slightly" sore today, but not too bad. Getting up at 4:40 am was tough though....but I did it....Then I went to my old job at the donut shop and bought a dozen and half donuts for my co-workers...(they have never been exposed to a real donut..only those nasty Krispy Creme things.... sick). Of course, I just about got flogged because everyone was on a diet. I told them I was too...In my diet plan, I was gonna get everyone else fat so I look skinny..... grin

Anyway, its a snow day today, so here I am at home again. Tomorrow is DD birthday.....she's gonna be 16!!!!!

Are you all drinking plenty of water today???.....keep yourselves hydrated!!!...

not2fun
I had the little Wii guy choose a workout and then I did over 800 steps on the Wii Fit Free Aerobics yesterday.

how do you do that? I get bored flicking thru the exercises and choosing for myself
Posted By: believer Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 02/06/10 06:03 PM
Oddly enough, the whole goddess thing stuck with me. There were so many good tips, it has been easy to keep up.

I did get rid of most of my clothes. While I was in Seattle, I found an article in Good Housekeeping about buying 11 pieces that change be interchanged for 31 different looks. By the way, I have never been a clothes person, so I need to look at the examples and copy them. I bought a ruffled blouse in light gray, a black tailored skirt, berry v-neck sweater, sheer blouse, tailored pants, berry shell, striped long tea, skinny cords, notch necked shell and black and white graphic skirt, and a sheath. They all go together. Now my closet, instead of being packed full of things that don't go together, is half empty.

In Seattle, leggings and a long tunic or sweater was what everyone was wearing. So I bought some of those, which I wear around the house. They look GOOD, all of the time, and are very comfortable. I bought them in the junior section at Nordstroms - in fact I was the only old lady there. But they can't be beat for around the house. I always feel well dressed, but they are as comfortable as sweats (Hope Mimi approves of them).

Did the organizing and decluttering of my home because I'm trying to sell it and upgrade. Now I get up at 6:00 and have everything [censored] and span in an hour. It makes me feel so virtuous.

Keep in mind that my kids are grown and I have no husband around to mess things up. When my kids were young, the house was a disaster, and I let it go to spend my time enjoying my kids. And I'm so glad I did it that way.
Posted By: not2fun Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 02/06/10 10:22 PM
{{{{{B}}}}}}},

OH B, you were ALWAYS a GODDESS I looked up to....you do own the best "shoes" after all..... wink

(I am STILL PO'ED about this thread getting moved..... mad)

GODDESS Not2fun
Posted By: believer Re: Rising from the ashes......GODDESS'S II - 02/08/10 11:50 PM
Doesn't matter to me where this thread is, it has always been very helpful for women needing to find and express their inner goddess.

I've been lucky, because the whole goddess thing seemed to "take". I walk 5 miles a day, and miss it if I skip a day. Get up early and do yoga, then clean the house, shower and get dressed, with makeup. Never use to wear it, but now I do everyday.

Once you get in the habit, it doesn't take a lot of time. It takes me less than 2 hours to do my yoga, shower, put on makeup, get dressed, and clean the house. I spend 5 minutes cleaning and straightening in each room. Even set the timer. It is amazing what one can do in 5 minutes per room. Just getting started used to be the problem.

© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums