Marriage Builders
Posted By: Fred_in_VA Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/17/10 08:41 PM
Tiger Woods is scheduled to give a "statement" at a press conference he's announced for Friday at 11:00 a.m. ET.

No doubt he will issue the obligatory apologies and then suggest everything be put behind him, as he's now cured and wants to on with the business of playing golf.

The advertisers and sponsors are apparently already lining up for their $hare of the take.

I plan on being anywhere BUT near a TV or radio at that time.

Tiger can take a long walk off a short pier, as far as I'm concerned.
Posted By: Tabby1 Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/17/10 08:47 PM
Cured of what? Syphillis?
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/17/10 08:50 PM

I pray for his true humility.

The Prodigal Son - one of my favorite parables.
Today is Ash Wednesday.
I am mindful of my own sins.

Posted By: imanotherone Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/17/10 08:52 PM
What's the over/under on when he finds his newest ball-washer?
Posted By: Fred_in_VA Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/17/10 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by imanotherone
What's the over/under on when he finds his newest ball-washer?
Zelmo, is that you?
Posted By: wannamoveforward Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/17/10 09:06 PM
Cured of what? Syphillis?

rotflmao
Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/17/10 09:51 PM
I think he's doing all this damage control for the same reason he married Elin in the first place - because he thinks it'll be good for his career. I don't think Tiger does anything, ever, that's not 100% for Tiger.

I'll bet that underneath he's mad as hell that he's being "forced" to do all this and honestly cannot understand what anyone is upset about, including his wife. Money is enough for him, because he can buy anything he wants. Why isn't it enough for her, too? What on earth could anyone want that money can't buy??

Posted By: ChaiLover Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 01:22 PM
Like most waywards, now that he knows how he got caught he will just move farther underground.
Posted By: Mark1952 Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 01:54 PM
The local news asked a question last night concerning Tiger and his imminent press conference. The question was "What do you want to hear Tiger say?"

The number 1 answer, by a substantial margin, in the open ended question poll was...

NOTHING!

Most people pretty much don't care what he has to say, it seems.
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by ChaiLover
Like most waywards, now that he knows how he got caught he will just move farther underground.

Unlike most waywards, he placed himself in a well respected treatment center for sex addiction, for 6 weeks.

Posted By: SugarCane Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Unlike most waywards, he placed himself in a well respected treatment center for sex addiction, for 6 weeks.
I wonder what the treatment consists of.

Electrodes?
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Electrodes?
smile
Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 06:07 PM
I fully expect him to say only the bare minimum that he thinks will get everyone to shut up and get off his back. Of course, that won't work, and so he'll get even madder and start looking for someone to blame.

That will probably be Elin. It's clear that he saw her only as another employee to help the Tiger Woods Moneymaking Machine. This only came to light when SHE finally had enough, so I would expect he'll blame her. I think he would have filed for divorce already except that it would have made him look even worse.

Tiger cares about no one but himself, and probably never will. I think that tomorrow we will see nothing but a pathetic display from an active cheater who honestly believes nobody matters as much as he does and can't see any reason why they should.

Posted By: black_raven Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 06:24 PM
I hope he sees just how badly he messed up but I'm not holding my breath. He probably learned a thing or two of what NOT to do from Mark Sanford. I wonder if OW Jaime Grubby is going to go with round #3000 of mouth flapping afterwards. MrRollieEyes
Posted By: black_raven Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by SugarCane
I wonder what the treatment consists of.

Electrodes?

tweezers
Posted By: Gack1 Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
Tiger Woods is "Cured"
Riiiiggghhhtttt

And I'm BATMAN!
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Gack1
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
Tiger Woods is "Cured"
Riiiiggghhhtttt

And I'm BATMAN!

I think it is a lot like AA.
Not a cure.
Just keep on "showing up".
Life long attending meetings.
Learning how to think differently.
Learning how to deal with uncomfortable emotions, such as anxiety.
A true narcissist would never stay 6 weeks in a treatment program where he was obliged to make daily confessions. (without a court order)

Posted By: Pepperband Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by black_raven
tweezers
smile
Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 07:26 PM
A true narcissist would never stay 6 weeks in a treatment program where he was obliged to make daily confessions. (without a court order)

Well, he might stay if there were literally millions of dollars in endorsements at stake, especially if he is already a master at telling people whatever they want to hear so they'll give him what he wants. Which in this case is the freedom to go back to golf and money and money and money and more money.

Six weeks of telling people what they want to hear would be a small price to pay for all that. Just sayin'.

Mulan>cynical
Posted By: black_raven Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 07:28 PM
It is a good thing for Tiger that Mulan does not live in Florida when Tiger shows his face on Friday. laugh
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Mulan
Mulan>cynical

I think his fame works against him.
Having said that, his marriage has value.
His wife has value.
His kids have value.
Even his dogs have value.

If Elin came to MB wanting to work with a truly repentant WH to rebuild a new marriage, wouldn't we help her?

It's not an affairage.
He's just a famous jerk.
He's not the worst jerk in the world.

Pep > marriage enthusiast
Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 07:34 PM
It is a good thing for Tiger that Mulan does not live in Florida when Tiger shows his face on Friday. laugh

Ha! But I'll bet there are plenty of others there who feel the same way.

Also: I know that many are really put off by the "addiction excuse", as in, "Well, it's a disease and I'm sick so I can't help it and it's not my fault!"

I look at it this way:

Nobody just wakes up one day being an addict - not without ever having used the addictive substance or engaged in the addictive behavior.

At some point, the person chooses the behavior that *leads* to addiction. *Then* the addiction itself kicks in and *then* they are truly in the grip of an illness, but not before.

No matter what kind of addiction it is - whether it's chemical like alcohol or cocaine or meth, or behavioral like gambling or shopping or sex - at some point, the person chooses the behavior that leads to the addiction and they are responsible for that choice.

If you no longer control it, but it controls you, it's an addiction.
Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 07:44 PM
His wife has value. His kids have value. Even his dogs have value.

Of course they do - but not to him, except as props for his money machine. I think his long-term behavior proves that.

If Elin came to MB wanting to work with a truly repentant WH to rebuild a new marriage, wouldn't we help her?

Of course - I wish she would come here. Would be pretty funny if she is here and we just didn't realize it, and that would be fine because this is an anonymous site.

The trouble is, I'm not sure there's anything to save. I don't think he ever loved her and I think he did it strictly because his handlers told him it would be good for his image. "Oh, a wife would help my endorsements? Okay, fix me up with one of those."

I'm not sure how you can fix a marriage that never really existed in the first place. Haven't we seen that here?

What's worse is that his wife does seem to love him, but Tiger loves no one but himself. I am afraid he will simply destroy her with more lies and manipulation and cheating.

She seems to be a Buyer, but he is a total Freeloader in the marriage department. I know what that situation is like and I am afraid that's how she will end up. And I don't care how rich you are - no amount of money is worth that kind of suffering.

Not trying to argue - just hate to see someone walk blindly into that trap, and I think that's what she's doing. I guess we'll see.
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 07:44 PM
Kobe Bryant.
Public apology = public bullchit on display (along with Mrs Bryant's ginormous diamond).
It was not pretty.

However, that was in 2003.
Seven years later, there is no indication that Kobe did not learn from his public humiliation and his wife's publicly visible broken heart.
All appearances are, that Kobe has actually reformed himself, and is in love with his wife and daughters.

It's possible. That's all I am saying.

.... No, that's not true. That's not all I am saying.
I am also saying that I want Tiger to be reformed and I want his family to be restored, if at all possible.

I would not have given my marriage a greater than 5% chance of recovery if you had asked me - back then. I know more now, because I've experienced it first hand.
And, although that "first hand" did NOT come with a ginormous diamond ring ... it would not have been a deterrent. I'm jes' sayin' ....

Pep > marriage enthusiast
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 07:46 PM
I don't think he ever loved her

Mulan, this is the sort of remark that makes me wonder

"WHAT ???" think

I cannot presume to know the inner workings of a man I've never laid eyes on.
How can you?

This reminds me of the comment ccbis made, claiming to know how "MOST" waywards (who do not post on MB) feel about MB.

"Say, what?"
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 07:59 PM

Ha! But I'll bet there are plenty of others there who feel the same way.

Also: I know that many are really put off by the "addiction excuse", as in, "Well, it's a disease and I'm sick so I can't help it and it's not my fault!"

I look at it this way:

Nobody just wakes up one day being an addict - not without ever having used the addictive substance or engaged in the addictive behavior.

At some point, the person chooses the behavior that *leads* to addiction. *Then* the addiction itself kicks in and *then* they are truly in the grip of an illness, but not before.

No matter what kind of addiction it is - whether it's chemical like alcohol or cocaine or meth, or behavioral like gambling or shopping or sex - at some point, the person chooses the behavior that leads to the addiction and they are responsible for that choice.

If you no longer control it, but it controls you, it's an addiction.

I think Tiger has "entitlement addiction". Don't know that there's a cure for that, unless all the fans and advertisers go away and stay away. Then I think the entitlement thing would go away.
Posted By: hope3343 Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 07:59 PM
I pray for all these wayward marriages to be restored. It is an epidemic and a breakdown of society and family.

I even pray for Tiger to humble himself and have an awakening to the value of his family.

Miracles do happen which we experience with MBers on this board.

My cynical side does question this future drama of "Tiger coming out of the A closet". Is he going to try and make it right or is he going to say all the "right words" to get his endorsements back?

Isn't some big PGA tour coming in March that he wants to participate in?

If he is doing this for the above reasons...then I hope that he is inudated with questions questions questions. Let the truth be told not spinned.
Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 08:08 PM
Originally Posted By: MulanI don't think he ever loved her

Well, it's been documented that he was involved with the wh*re collection before he met Elin, during their courtship, at the time of their wedding and ever since their wedding. He never changed one thing as far as behving like a single man. Is that love? That's why I said that.

Posted By: Pepperband Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 08:26 PM
Originally Posted By: MulanI don't think he ever loved her

Well, it's been documented that he was involved with the wh*re collection before he met Elin, during their courtship, at the time of their wedding and ever since their wedding. He never changed one thing as far as behving like a single man. Is that love? That's why I said that.

He's a sex addict.
That's what they do.
That's why he went for treatment.
Time will tell.
You hope he stops his destructive behaviors, doncha? hug

Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 08:41 PM
You hope he stops his destructive behaviors, doncha?

Of course - but as we say so often around here, "hope is not a plan". I just hope Elin is not opening herself to a far worse round of suffering at his hands if it's all going to be for nothing anyway.

If nothing else, he sure is getting people to talk about how and why spouses cheat and IMO that's always a good thing.
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 08:41 PM
I doubt very much Tiger will utter the word "cured".

Tiger's money will buy a him fantastic PR handler, who will caution Tiger from uttering such stupidity. "I am cured." He won't say this.

Tiger's fame and wealth are working against him.
That's for sure.
It's harder to get on your knees when you are surrounded by sycophants waiting for their turn at your $$$teat.

You know, Mulan, we've known some pretty famous people.
Fame is a heavy deterrent to living a clear life. Add in the wealth, it's almost impossible. Add in attractive appearance, it's really, really not looking hopeful for a reformed Tiger's heart.
When H worked with Eddie Murphy, the "devotion" of his "employees" was so sick. It was unbelievable. Parasites completely surrounded him. Bad advice. Encouraging entitlement-thinking.

I hope that 6 weeks away from his parasitic sycophant "advisors", Tiger has a chance to reform.

But, the fame, the wealth, the handsome looks - all work against him.

Blessings can become burdens.

Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 09:18 PM
I totally agree with you - and I would add that you don't have to be world famous to be surrounded by wretched sycophants who will happily watch you destroy your life if it means they can have the crumbs and leftovers. XWH's was "famous" at his Big American Corporation and it was exactly the same way.

Somebody on tv - might have been Dr. Sanjay Gupta - said that the people who get the worst medical care in the world are the very rich and the very poor. I would also say that the very rich and the very popular also get the worst "friends" in the world.

Well, let's see what happens. Maybe that golf club upside his head did more good than any amount of therapy.

P.S. I understand Eddie Murphy is now divorced with several children, his career has been going downhill for years and he has a reputation for picking up transvestite prostitutes. Wow, those "devoted friends" sure did help!
Posted By: 2long Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 10:19 PM
I hope Pep's most optimistic prediction comes true, while I feel that Mulan's most pessimistic is the most likely outcome, here.

But for a revolting-humor contribution... perhaps Tiger could star in a remake of Stanley Kubrick's "A Clockwork Orange" (a truly bizarre movie, IMHO).

-ol' 2long
Posted By: TogetherAlone Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/18/10 10:29 PM
I think Tiger may have one positive factor in his favour - Elin.

She appears to have acted with strength and determination, and to have set some wise boundaries. Tiger got away with everything because his wife seems to have trusted him and only got suspicious towards the end. I think the environment he'll have to support his self-entitled ways will be changed.

Also, his MO of convincing the current gold-digging cocktail waitress that she's 'the one' has been blown. Or rather, he'd have to look for even thicker women, and I'm not sure there are any.

TA
Posted By: black_raven Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 05:04 PM
I watched and thought he was sincere. Of course some media people were knocking him and would have knocked him no matter what he said or did. It was much better than I thought it was going to be. I'm glad he told the media to basically shut up and leave his family alone.
Posted By: ImStaying Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 05:06 PM
The hugs at the end were a little staged, though.
Posted By: PSUBIKER Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by TogetherAlone

She appears to have acted with strength and determination, and to have set some wise boundaries. Tiger got away with everything because his wife seems to have trusted him and only got suspicious towards the end. I think the environment he'll have to support his self-entitled ways will be changed.

Also, his MO of convincing the current gold-digging cocktail waitress that she's 'the one' has been blown. Or rather, he'd have to look for even thicker women, and I'm not sure there are any.

TA

My exWW will be phoning him soon.
Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by TogetherAlone

You make some very good points. No matter what happens, he'll never be able to go back to the old set-up and that can only be a good thing.

That's for sure! Hope all of these brain-dead OW out there are listening, whether it's regarding Tiger or any other married man. But you're right - they're probably not.
Posted By: AheadOfTheCurve Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 05:13 PM
The way he did this, he may have enlisted the largest army of accountability witness in the history of the civilized world.

On the other hand, he might go as underground as the Marianas Trench.

Only time will tell. Actions make you a FWS, not words.

Here's hoping he really means what he says.
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 05:13 PM
Well, we all know that talk is cheap. It's going to take a lot of action on his part to convince people of his sincerity.

And for crying out loud, parents! PLEASE don't encourage your kids to idolize people who get paid huge sums of money because of their athletic skills!
Posted By: black_raven Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by ImStaying
The hugs at the end were a little staged, though.

I didn't bother me. I'm sure the whole thing was ackward for him and even those he hugged. He could see his mother was upset. Nothing wrong with hugging mom or his supporters IMO.

LOL, I hear Gloria Allread is yelling that her client still hasn't gotten an apology. rotflmao
Posted By: 2long Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 05:18 PM
He said the right things, in my view. How he acts in the next few years will be telling, of course.

My only gripe is the reference 2 his infidelity as a private matter. Secret matter would be the correct characterization. At least he clearly stated that these issues are between him and Elin, between the H and the W. He didn't mention the OWs, as rightly they are nobodys and are owed nothing but complete silence.

-ol' 2long
Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 05:19 PM
There was one section of his speech where he talked about how he thought he was "entitled" and "the normal rules and boundaries didn't apply to me". It was probably written by his rehab team, but could apply to any WS - famous or not. If I can find a transcription for it (I ain't doin' it! I only do that when I get paid for it!) I'll post it here.

He also insisted, rather surprisingly, that Elin never hit him. Translation: If I accuse her of felony domestic violence, she may well be deported and take the kids with her. That would make my situation even worse, so I'm stickin' by my story.

I think she DID hit him with that golf club and that's why he has not been seen for three months - the damage needed time to heal. And those side windows on the SUV didn't get busted out because Tiger bumped into the shrubbery.

I still say that was the best therapy he ever got.
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 05:22 PM
I think she DID hit him with that golf club and that's why he has not been seen for three months - the damage needed time to heal. And those side windows on the SUV didn't get busted out because Tiger bumped into the shrubbery.

The good 'ole
twoxfour

Posted By: faithful follower Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by 2long
He said the right things, in my view. How he acts in the next few years will be telling, of course.

My only gripe is the reference 2 his infidelity as a private matter. Secret matter would be the correct characterization. At least he clearly stated that these issues are between him and Elin, between the H and the W. He didn't mention the OWs, as rightly they are nobodys and are owed nothing but complete silence.

-ol' 2long
Agreed. He sounds like a man going through a 12 step program which is not a bad thing. He took responsibility and blame. He never mentioned the ho's, he said his words were not enough that his future actions will be what counts. Time will tell and since this was all so public it will be very difficult for a long while for him to cheat.

Oh and btw, there ARE OW out there that are "thick" enough to still believe they are "special". dramaqueen
Posted By: black_raven Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 05:24 PM
He also insisted, rather surprisingly, that Elin never hit him. Translation: If I accuse her of felony domestic violence, she may well be deported and take the kids with her. That would make my situation even worse, so I'm stickin' by my story.

Could be. For certain she busted the window and at least ran after him with the club, but I'm not certain she hit him. Anyone who has ever played golf knows the damage a whack from a golf club can do. If she hit him in the head with a club, he would have been down for count.
Posted By: faithful follower Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 05:25 PM
There was one section of his speech where he talked about how he thought he was "entitled" and "the normal rules and boundaries didn't apply to me". It was probably written by his rehab team, but could apply to any WS - famous or not. If I can find a transcription for it (I ain't doin' it! I only do that when I get paid for it!) I'll post it here.

Yup and I am hoping that was enough for him to see the ANGUISH his dear wife was in because of his actions.
Posted By: 77club Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 05:32 PM
Yeah, and my H spent 18 mos in MC with Steve Harley, went to Everyman's Battle, couples recovery weekend for sexual betrayal, a forgiveness seminar, a week with a Prayer minister for inner healing, read every book and listened to every tape I gave him, met with a pastor weekly all because he was told or knew that was what he had to do to please everyone and make it look good in their eyes that he was "dealing" with his A and betrayal.

He still feels the same way about the OW, me, and our marriage as he did before doing any of it.

Going through the approved "motions" does not guarantee change.
Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 05:40 PM
If she hit him in the head with a club, he would have been down for count.

The neighbor who called 911 said Tiger was lying motionless in the driveway "snoring". That's the description of somebody who is unconscious and struggling to breathe.

He did go to the hospital and they did work on for a while. There were reports that he was intubated because he was having trouble breathing. I think he *was* down for the count and took a very long time to physically heal.

Anyway - let's hope he means what he said. This whole thing has been a very good lesson for all cheating married men out there and for all the women stupid enough to believe what they say.

And does anyone here still think Exposure does not work? smile

Posted By: SmilingWoman Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 05:46 PM
From a Yahoo report about the speech...

Veronica Siwik-Daniels, one of Woods' alleged mistresses and a former pornographic performer, watched the event with attorney in a Los Angeles radio studio.

"I really feel I deserve to look at him in person face to face in the eyes because I did not deserve this," she said.

Yahoo News

This was about more than I could stand. Is she serious? She thinks she deserves an apology from the married man she had sex with?
Posted By: black_raven Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 05:52 PM
I didn't hear that part but I do remember he was supposedly awakened from his Ambien induced coma but an angry Elin. Between the Ambien and frantically running into a tree in order to escape a golf club carrying angry wife, no doubt the guy was stroking out on his lawn. grin

But seriously, a good club swing to the head would have caused more damage IMO but who knows. I do agree that that experience alone was the best eye openning therapy he could ever get.
Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman

Veronica Siwik-Daniels, one of Woods' alleged mistresses and a former pornographic performer, watched the event with attorney in a Los Angeles radio studio.

"I really feel I deserve to look at him in person face to face in the eyes because I did not deserve this," she said.

Yahoo News

This was about more than I could stand. Is she serious? She thinks she deserves an apology from the married man she had sex with?

It really is astounding. I don't know where women get this mindset. The wedding industry is absolutely huge and outrageous sums of money are spent on the event, but then people insist that the marriage itself can be disrespected and crapped on and utterly ignored and they don't understand what's wrong with that - ?

Jane Velez-Mitchell on CNN keeps whining, "Well, these women didn't take vows with Tiger! They shouldn't be blamed!" Well, Jane, it's good to know that YOU don't feel it's necessary for people to respect anyone else's marriage. I'm sure you won't mind if your marriage or a loved one's marriage is utterly ignored and disrespected.

Gloria Allred should be bloody well ashamed of herself. She says she wants to "defend women from abuse from men" - so, why isn't she defending women like Elin? Any betrayed wife is suffering from the worst kind of emotional abuse at the hands of her husband, but Gloria seems entirely blind to that aspect.

She also seems fine with the idea of women abusing women, since she is defending the intrusive homewreckers who nearly destroyed Elin's marriage (and may still destroy it.)

And doesn't Gloria realize that when she defends these stupid ho-bags, she is only legitimizing their homewrecking behavior and setting them up to do it again - and sending the message to other stupid women with low self esteem that you should be able to help yourself to a married man and he should value and respect that behavior (and I guess his wife should, too).

As somebody once said, Gloria couldn't be any more stupid if she cut off her head. But no doubt she is making Big Money defending these loser women.
Posted By: 77club Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 06:29 PM
Smiling Woman -- think Veronica was so dense she didn't know Tiger Woods was married? " Oh, my gosh! He's a married man? I am so dissed! He needs to apologize to me for breaking his marriage covenant with poor little innocent me!"(Veronica)
Posted By: 77club Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 06:31 PM
Or maybe her excuse was my OW's excuse. "He made PASSES at me!". So of course, she had to have sex with a married man. No other course of action.
Posted By: Fred_in_VA Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 07:50 PM
I am so angry I could spit!

I didn't watch the TV spot, and I haven't read Tiger's statement. I don't care.

But would one of you Boston-based people please call Jay Severin and remind him that Tiger and Elin WERE MARRIED!!!

Jay seems to be taking the position that hey, on average 3 women a year is "normal" and does not indicate sex addiction, and that Tiger is a "beaten man" that doesn't deserve the public humiliation, etc. etc.

Somebody call Jay and ask him if he and his wife took vows when they married, and how would he feel if his wife did a "Tiger" on him...
Posted By: Tabby1 Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 08:00 PM
For your enjoyment, CBC's article on this (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2010/02/19/sp-woods-speaks.html) has this statement at the very end:
Veronica Siwik-Daniels, one of Woods's alleged mistresses and a former pornographic performer, watched the event with her attorney in a Los Angeles radio studio.

Oh wahhhhhhhh!!!
Posted By: ToBeContinued Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman

Yahoo News

Boo hoo. You know why she thinks she "didn't deserve this"? Cuz she's normally PAID to have sex!

I guess she's still looking to get paid for "her services"......

TB
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by BTinBL
I guess she's still looking to get paid for "her services"......

*snort*
Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 08:29 PM
From tmz.com (they have the full transcript):

I did think this part was worthwhile, and is what every WS needs to understand. Whether he truly believes this remains to be seen:

The issue involved here was my repeated irresponsible behavior. I was unfaithful. I had affairs. I cheated. What I did is not acceptable, and I am the only person to blame.

I stopped living by the core values that I was taught to believe in. I knew my actions were wrong, but I convinced myself that normal rules didn't apply. I never thought about who I was hurting. Instead, I thought only about myself. I ran straight through the boundaries that a married couple should live by. I thought I could get away with whatever I wanted to. I felt that I had worked hard my entire life and deserved to enjoy all the
temptations around me. I felt I was entitled. Thanks to money and fame, I didn't have to go far to find them.

I was wrong. I was foolish. I don't get to play by different rules. The same boundaries that apply to everyone apply to me. I brought this shame on myself. I hurt my wife, my kids, my mother, my wife's family, my friends, my foundation, and kids all around the world who admired me.

I've had a lot of time to think about what I've done. My failures have made me look at myself in a way I never wanted to before. It's now up to me to make amends, and that starts by never repeating the mistakes I've made. It's up to me to start living a life of integrity.
Posted By: Tabby1 Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 08:36 PM
Yes, his speech writer was very good.
Posted By: 2long Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 09:03 PM
look, the ONLY WAY Tiger can really make up for what he's done is 2 follow through on what he said this morning. And it will take YEARS for anyone 2 be able 2 tell that he's lived up 2 what he said.

I still think it was a good speech. I think he said all the right things. Now, it's time for actions.

I hope that he lives up 2 what he just said, but I don't have a dog in that particular fight. ...except that, whenever infidelity is in the news like this, it provides a nucleus for deep discussions between my W and I that I couldn't afford the cash for!

-ol' 2long
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 09:07 PM
I did not watch Tiger give his comments to the media.
Think I'll go look at the news now and see what you people are talking about.

Posted By: JustMeandMine Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 09:12 PM
I hope that Tiger does do the right things and I hope he does it all out in public. Because he is famous, he now has the opportunity to show other WS how to make amends. I really liked Tiger before all this happened, and I hope and pray that my WH truly hears what Tiger said. My WH felt entitled, not because he was rich or famous, but because he has worked hard his entire life and not been rich enough. My WH felt cheated and decided that he was going to take what he wanted because God was making him suffer too much and for too long.

As for Veronica Siwik-Daniels, she ABSOLUTELY deserves what she has gotten. Any stupid OP that has the gaul to put their hands on another human being whom they KNOW to be MARRIED deserves far worse than they are likely to get.
Posted By: wannamoveforward Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 09:15 PM
Most of here cheer on a BS when they report that their WS is sort of ontrack with doing what we expect a WS to be doing in order to earn their F.
If this is Tigers 1st step working towards the "F" then I say good for him.
Taking ownership for his A is step 1 in my book and I hope for the sake of his M and kids that he follows thru with the remaining steps and some how is able to salvage the rest of his families life.
Posted By: not2fun Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by wannamoveforward
Most of here cheer on a BS when they report that their WS is sort of ontrack with doing what we expect a WS to be doing in order to earn their F.
Taking ownership for his A is step 1 in my book and I hope for the sake of his M and kids that he follows thru with the remaining steps and some how is able to salvage the rest of his families life.

I have to agree......I think that fact that he is STILL not returning to game and made no promises of when he would shows that he is dedicated to doing this. I just hope for his children, Elin, and ESPECIALLY himself, that he stays with it.....TIME will tell

not2fun
Posted By: SmilingWoman Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by not2fun
Originally Posted by wannamoveforward

I have to agree......I think that fact that he is STILL not returning to game and made no promises of when he would shows that he is dedicated to doing this. I just hope for his children, Elin, and ESPECIALLY himself, that he stays with it.....TIME will tell

not2fun

Me too. I am sure he did have help with the speech but that doesn't mean it isn't heartfelt. I hear all the time on here that feelings follow actions...so maybe he is just doing the best he can. Time will tell.

He has been the golden child/boy to everyone his entire life. It must have taken incredible humility to get up and say anything about this private matter.
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 09:36 PM

OK, just watched it on CNN.

Tiger did an excellent job .... in front of his mother.

As a Mom, I can appreciate that particular detail.

And, back for more "treatment" he goes.

Good for him.

Posted By: SmilingWoman Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 09:38 PM

Good for him.

Did anyone else notice that he didn't mention 'sex addiction'? I hope he doesn't try to blame it off on that.
Posted By: not2fun Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 09:39 PM

Good for him.

yeppers, I just finished it too.....

Did anyone else think that he looked a mess??....I mean he truly looked like a broken man....and more treatment???....I liked that even more.

not2fun
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 09:44 PM
I thought he looked...human, you know? He looked more 'real' to me than I've ever seen him look.

I am so glad he made no mention of his skankhos. They should be non-persons to him and his family. They deserve no place in his family's life.
Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 09:53 PM
I agree. I am somewhat impressed by the fact that apparently he is going back for more treatment and especially by the fact that he said he did not know when he would return to golf. I really thought his press conference would be all about his big comeback.

Would love to get Dr. Drew's assessment of all this.

And if Tiger ever dreams of mentioning any of his wh*re collection in public, I have no doubt he will wake up with a golf club shoved in one ear and out the other. That would be just about the worst thing he could possibly do.

Pep (or anyone else who knows), does it seem like he is following the AA plan for making amends, etc.?
Posted By: Just Learning Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/19/10 10:17 PM
I just read his comments on the web.

I am a golfer and have played the game for...Gosh 58 years????
That cannot be right, can it?

Frankly, I don't think Tiger owes anyone but his family a real explanation for what he did. Given that he is famous we all have been "priviledged" to hear details of his affairs, that we don't need.

Having said that, I will say that Tom Watson made some interesting observations about Tiger. He felt that while Tiger was great for the game on one level, his respect for the game wasn't that high as exhibited by his club throwing and profanity on the course in a tournament attended by the public.

I tend to think that golf is the most important thing in his life as it provides the lifestyle and it was engrained from an early age. His lack of respect for the game that defines him, is completely consistent with his lack of respect for his W, his children, and his sense of entitlement.

He lost far more than he realizes when he cheated as he did with such low life's. He lost something he may never get back...respect. However, one way to see how Tiger is doing is to watch his behavior on the course when he comes back. I stil think that his W will divorce him and should but then given the senseless behavior maybe that actually changes things, he certainly wasn't "in-love" with any of the Bimbo's.

At some point he must come to realize he is famous for playing a "game" not for his intelligence, his contributions to society, or doing anything more than keeping his caddie employeed and the folks that sell yachts and airplanes supported via his purchases.

If that ever comes, he might actualy turn into a man to respect. If all he does is win trophies, then he won't have been much of a man...just a very good golfer.

Time will tell.
JL
Posted By: 2long Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/20/10 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by Just Learning
I am a golfer and have played the game for...Gosh 58 years????
That cannot be right, can it?

um, yes JL, it can! grin

-ol' 2long
Posted By: Just Learning Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/20/10 12:59 AM
2L, wink

No it isn't! Cannot do math worth a darn today. It has only been 56 years. stickout

How ya doing 2L? Well I hope.

JL
Posted By: Fred_in_VA Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 02/22/10 10:50 PM
Seen online (author unknown):
Originally Posted by Homage to Blake
The 18th Hole

Tiger!, Tiger!, Burning bright
With his mistress of the night
Prowling, restless, club by club
Prouder than Beelzebub!

Tiger!, Tiger! Hard and sleek
But with females soft and meek
You have your image to uphold
Upon which dreams to fools are sold.

Tiger!, Tiger! Simon Pure
Your illness has no earthly cure!
In the jungle of your soul
Lurks a beast who's never whole.

Tiger!, Tiger! Purring soft
Whose visage many held aloft
Now cowers ever deep within
The shadow world of mortal sin.
Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 03/04/10 07:47 PM
Latest word is that Elin and Tiger are back in Orlando, but living in separate houses.

I'm betting that if Elin doesn't come back and start blindly trusting him again - and there's
no way she would ever do that - I expect him to pick a fight with her, so he
can watch HER go off in a rage again. Then poor poor little victim Tiger
will file for divorce. He'll say that he got all this counseling and he
"tried, but it just didn't work."

It's the same pattern so many WS follow once they're busted,
famous or not. Once he's got the damage control of "counseling" behind him,
he'll dump his family and go right back to the ho collection. Then he can be happy with ho-bags 24/7 and Elin and her children can find a real man
to be a husband and a father for them.

Bets, anyone?
Posted By: ChrisInNOVA Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 03/05/10 12:57 AM
I watched the Tiger press conference.

They say The President's speechwriter forumlated the speech, but to me he seemed sincerely upset about....something.

I have heard some experts say that "sex addiction" is BS..Men with money / power simply think they're entitled to sexual access to multiple women because of the sheer number of willing particpants.
Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 03/05/10 01:13 AM
I watched the Tiger press conference.

They say The President's speechwriter forumlated the speech, but to me he seemed sincerely upset about....something.

Well, yeah - upset about GETTING CAUGHT!

I have heard some experts say that "sex addiction" is BS..Men with money / power simply think they're entitled to sexual access to multiple women because of the sheer number of willing particpants.

Yebbut - what starts out as entitlement often ends as an addiction when the person simply cannot stop because they are so addicted to the the rush, the high, when they score another hit. This is true of any behavioral addiction, whether it's shopping, gambling or sex.

And until women stop being so jaw-droppingly stupid and self-loathing that they'll settle for being some player's part-time toy, yes, it will continue.
Posted By: ChrisInNOVA Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 03/05/10 01:27 AM
But what about the perceived benefits of being a rich / powerful man's toy?

Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 03/05/10 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by ChrisInNOVA

What benefits? Sure, they got some good times and presents out of it, but they could have had those things with a man who loved them just as well. And every one of those women was immediately labeled a wh*re and a homewrecker as soon as their affairs with a married man were exposed.

Again - what benefits? Money? Attention? Being labeled a wh*re? Never having a man who really loves you because you're too busy being a toy?

Really, truly, I don't see any benefits. You can work to earn money and you can find a man who loves you for attention. What benefits?
Posted By: RuffledNOT Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 03/05/10 11:21 AM

On our Sunday papers last week. Some people will say anything to get publicity:

Guru tells Tiger Woods to divorce wife, embrace multiple partners

MONTREAL: French guru Claude Vorilhon alias Rael, advised golf superstar Tiger Woods in an open letter on Thursday to divorce his wife and embrace multiple sexual partners.

�Adultery is not mental disease but a very normal behaviour among both humans and animals,� said the leader of the atheist Raelian Movement, whose followers believe life on earth was created by extra-terrestrials.

�I encourage you to explore what more and more people are calling �polyamory,� which means loving many people simultaneously and with no jealousy,� he said.

Alluding to Woods� televised apology last week for his extramarital dalliances, Vorilhon urged the golfer to �stop making his life a model of guilt, sadness and conformism to antiquated Judeo-Christian values.�

This, he said, sets a bad example for the younger generation.

Woods� remarks last Friday, in which he said he is undergoing therapy, were his first public comments in nearly three months, since a sex scandal spiraled into a global media storm and pushed him into self-imposed seclusion.

�The only person close to you who needs therapy is your wife,� Vorilhon said, saying the golfer�s spouse Elin Nordegren welcomed Woods� partying ways so long as he didn�t engage in extramarital affairs.

�If she doesn�t get therapy, you will be better off divorcing such a jealous partner to freely enjoy your sexual partners,� he added, inviting Woods to an upcoming Raelian seminar in Las Vegas. � AFP
Posted By: ChrisInNOVA Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 03/05/10 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisInNOVA

What benefits? Sure, they got some good times and presents out of it, but they could have had those things with a man who loved them just as well. And every one of those women was immediately labeled a wh*re and a homewrecker as soon as their affairs with a married man were exposed.

Again - what benefits? Money? Attention? Being labeled a wh*re? Never having a man who really loves you because you're too busy being a toy?

Really, truly, I don't see any benefits. You can work to earn money and you can find a man who loves you for attention. What benefits?

Mulan,

Clearly women get something out of this behavior. Women have been doing this for centuries.

I don't find it appealing because I want a one on one relationship with a man; however, many many many women before you and I were born have done this & many many many women long after we die will provide this type of "service" to men.

It is what it is.
Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 03/05/10 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by RuffledNOT
On our Sunday papers last week. Some people will say anything to get publicity:

Guru tells Tiger Woods to divorce wife, embrace multiple partners

MONTREAL: French guru Claude Vorilhon alias Rael, advised golf superstar Tiger Woods in an open letter on Thursday to divorce his wife and embrace multiple sexual partners.

“Adultery is not mental disease but a very normal behaviour among both humans and animals,” said the leader of the atheist Raelian Movement, whose followers believe life on earth was created by extra-terrestrials.

“I encourage you to explore what more and more people are calling ‘polyamory,’ which means loving many people simultaneously and with no jealousy,” he said.

Alluding to Woods’ televised apology last week for his extramarital dalliances, Vorilhon urged the golfer to “stop making his life a model of guilt, sadness and conformism to antiquated Judeo-Christian values.”

This, he said, sets a bad example for the younger generation.

Woods’ remarks last Friday, in which he said he is undergoing therapy, were his first public comments in nearly three months, since a sex scandal spiraled into a global media storm and pushed him into self-imposed seclusion.

“The only person close to you who needs therapy is your wife,” Vorilhon said, saying the golfer’s spouse Elin Nordegren welcomed Woods’ partying ways so long as he didn’t engage in extramarital affairs.

“If she doesn’t get therapy, you will be better off divorcing such a jealous partner to freely enjoy your sexual partners,” he added, inviting Woods to an upcoming Raelian seminar in Las Vegas. — AFP

Anyone who wants to live this way has one option: STAY SINGLE.

No one is entitled to be both married and single.
No one has the right to torment their spouse and children with a cheater�s lies, neglect, disease and disrespect.
Just chase after cheap single people until you drop and then go home to an empty house.
The rest of us will be far better off without you.
Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 03/05/10 04:54 PM
Clearly women get something out of this behavior. Women have been doing this for centuries.

Well, sure. Sometimes they had little other option than to use a man as a meal ticket and a source of status. But I don't understand why, in the 21st century, women still set their goal in life as "finding a man to live off of".

I saw it happen at least once in my ex-husband's family. Don't know how it ended up, but marrying *another guy's* foreign bride and having a child with her - when she's already abandoned one child in her home country - and now is under a deportation order because she's not married to the first guy but is married to you - doesn't seem like the road to happiness for anyone. JMHO. But the woman in question didn't seem to see anything wrong with it. That's what men are for, right?

Besides, all of Tiger's toys were shocked and devastated to learn that they weren't the only ones. They told themselves it was "love" even though they knew he was married. Or that's just what they're telling the press so they don't look quite so stupid and cheap, but actually I'm inclinced to believe them.

Too bad so few women think they deserve better.
Posted By: ChrisInNOVA Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 03/06/10 10:10 PM
Too bad so few women think they deserve better.

I agree 100% smile
Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 03/16/10 06:32 PM
So, now Tiger's going to play the Masters. Swell for him and swell for golf. But for his his marriage and family?

Let him earn his way back - if he was ever there in the first
place. Having a good marriage that derailed is one thing, but I'm not sure
that Tiger was ever invested in the marriage at all. So, what does he have
to come back to? Obviously, thoughts of his children didn't stop his
monumental cheating spree.

I still think his actions now are just to get
him back into golf. Hope Elin is very, very careful.
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 04/02/10 08:54 PM
Kindergarten teacher: Woods lied about school race incident

In the book, the story Tiger told includes the tale of when he was beaten down in the playground by a group of racist white kids.

"I became aware of my racial identity on my first day of school, on my first day of kindergarten. A group of sixth graders tied me to a tree, spray-painted the word 'n-----' on me, and threw rocks at me. That was my first day of school. And the teacher really didn't do much of anything," according to the book.

LINK
Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 04/15/10 03:44 PM
Well, Tiger got exactly what he wanted out of the Masters Tournament. He learned that the crowds would still cheer for him and fawn all over him, and that the sponsors would still want him for their ads (especially powerhouse Nike.)

Message Received: Hey, Tiger, your advisors were wrong! See, you didn't need a wife and kids for people to like you at all. The fans still love you and the big sponsors still want you.

So, now you're free to dump the ball and chain and just see the kids when it's convenient.

Mark my words: This WILL happen. I lived through the same exact thing.

Golf gives Tiger everything he wants in life. That's money, wh*res and huge amounts of fawning attention.

Corporate life gives XWH everything he wants in life. That's money, wh*res and huge amounts of fawning attention.

No wife can compete with that. A family just gets in the way. That's why Tiger looked so happy at the Masters: He's learned that he doesnt' really need a family after all, so he's free to dump them.

The same thing happened to me. That's why I can relate.
Posted By: KaylaAndy Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 04/15/10 10:21 PM
Mulan - you may have observed him sliding back into the limelight.

But that isn't what I saw.

Instead I saw the spotlight on a family man who kept his composure win the praise of the masses, and win the green jacket.

After Tiger shot his tantrum during play - something he clearly promised was something he was cleaning up, everyone distanced themselves from him and it was all about Phil.

I think people are tired of Tiger. I saw a very lonely man out there on the green. Hardly a camera would look at him...
Posted By: cinderella Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 04/19/10 07:14 PM
It takes a long time to cure selfishness, stupidity, greed, and self-centeredness.

banghead

puke

Posted By: Retread Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 04/20/10 12:33 PM
Tiger Woods is cured of getting caught.
And he is rehabilitating his corporate image.
Posted By: cinderella Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 05/11/10 08:53 PM
That may have gotten a blow today....when his coach dumped him.
Posted By: Mulan Re: Tiger Woods is "Cured" - 05/12/10 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by cinderella
That may have gotten a blow today....when his coach dumped him.

Wow, how'd I miss that? You are right! There's a story about it at radaronline - sounds like the guy used to really respect Tiger, but now wants nothing to do with him . . . maybe the dominoes are starting to fall.

Good.
© Marriage Builders® Forums