Marriage Builders
Posted By: Tawandabelle upswing on the job trail - 06/11/10 10:24 PM
I had a phone interview today with Clarke County Schools (Las Vegas). It went well. DH says I know how to "schmooze," so I was my usual charming self! They asked 5 or six standard questions, and one of them was: Tell me how you integrate the other content areas into your music class.

O.M.G. This is the area where I received 40,000 dollars worth of grants. This is what I teach workshops on across the state. I felt like dancing! It's one of my teaching passions!

Who knows what will happen, but right now I am PUMPED!
Posted By: writer1 Re: upswing on the job trail - 06/11/10 10:52 PM
Congratulations! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

And hey, that would only put you about 4 hours away from me. I could come and visit you and play some nickel slots. I could really use a vacation.
Posted By: Tawandabelle Re: upswing on the job trail - 06/12/10 05:19 AM
I joked to DH that if I didn't get a teaching job, I could always be a blackjack dealer (or pole dancer). He was less than amused.
Posted By: penaltykill Re: upswing on the job trail - 06/15/10 03:49 PM
Sending good thoughts your way! Keep us posted on the job search.

pk
Posted By: Tawandabelle Re: upswing on the job trail - 06/15/10 10:58 PM
UPDATE.....

DH has an interview at a jr. college as the director of the music dept. Thursday morning. We are going to go down on Wed. (just the 2 of us) and get away a little. Thursday is our anniversary - a great interview would be a nice present!
Posted By: Tawandabelle Re: upswing on the job trail - 06/17/10 03:05 PM
DH is in his interview now. Today is our 16th anniversay. He looked nice in his black suit.
Posted By: LovingAnyway Re: upswing on the job trail - 06/17/10 05:22 PM
Happy Anniversary, Luri!

LA
Posted By: staytogether Re: upswing on the job trail - 06/17/10 07:28 PM
Happy Anniversary - hope all went well with the interview
Posted By: Tawandabelle Re: upswing on the job trail - 06/18/10 12:22 AM
Late this afternoon they called to let DH know he is in the top three, and he will go back on Monday. A new posting for a music teacher job came up in the neighboring county. DH isn't sure what he thinks because some of the job has changed somewhat since he applied. But for now we are moving forward.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums