Marriage Builders
Posted By: MelodyLane themud - 07/15/10 07:19 PM
........you are so bad!! rotflmao
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:22 PM
"I'll redefine nuclear as soon as I finish saving my company from the brink this afternoon, then I have to go get some LaBatt's, cause I runnin' low, then I'll look for those snowshoes I'll need for this winter. "

[Linked Image from smileys.smileycentral.com]
Posted By: themud Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:25 PM
Mel,

it was very mean of me, and I am embare... assed... My W is a canuk and I make fun of the beer (which really makes canandians mad... fighten words ey?)
Posted By: themud Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:26 PM
I should rephrase that, she was born in NY, moved there when she was 6 and was raised up there... poor thing, they don't even have McDonalds up there.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:27 PM
you are terrible for doing that, naughty but I had to tell you how funny it was! grin
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by themud
Mel,

it was very mean of me, and I am embare... assed... My W is a canuk and I make fun of the beer (which really makes canandians mad... fighten words ey?)

Canadians GET mad?? faint Who knew?? I have never seen it in my life!!

I have always said they have politeness "issues.."
Posted By: jmwc95 Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:29 PM
Have you ever watched "How I Met Your Mother"? They do their fare share of Canadian bashing on that show.
Posted By: saynomore Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:30 PM
I admit that brought about a big old grin in the midst of this poor guy's drama and grief. Guess I am bad too.

God's Blessings,

Say
Posted By: Scotland Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:30 PM
AHEM toe tap

We most definitely DO get mad. When someone bumps into us we say, "EXCUSE ME." But most Americans don't catch the SARCASM. LOL

BTW themud, it is EH, not EY. Wht the heck is EY anyways?
Posted By: saynomore Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:31 PM
Bwaaaahahaha, Scotty. tellem.

God's Blessings,

say
Posted By: Scotland Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by jmwc95
Have you ever watched "How I Met Your Mother"? They do their fare share of Canadian bashing on that show.

I LOVE THAT SHOW. I even listen to 103.3 on the radio and they bash canadians all of the time. We can take it though. You guys should watch some Rick Mercer reports on You Tube. Maybe even watch some episodes of Red Green or Corner Gas. Great Canadian comedy there. HAHAHAHA This hour has 22 minutes is also GREAT.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Scotland
AHEM toe tap

We most definitely DO get mad. When someone bumps into us we say, "EXCUSE ME." But most Americans don't catch the SARCASM. LOL

GOOD GRIEF!! I REST MY CASE!! In America when someone bumps into us WE KNOCK THEM DOWN!! duh!!

Only a silly, overly polite canuck would say "EXCUSE ME" when someone bumps into THEM. MrRollieEyes
Posted By: Scotland Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:34 PM
You meant in Texas right? I am sure the Yanks act differently. Tehehehe.
Posted By: themud Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:34 PM
Scotty,

It depends on which end of the providence you are on, ey, eh, hey. It's a huge language barrier in our household. Teach the kids American or Canandian.
Posted By: Vibrissa Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:36 PM
My husband's favorite Canadian joke:

How Canada got it's name. They put a bunch of letters in a sac and someone started pulling letters out. The first letter they pulled out was

"C, ay"

Then

"N, ay"

Finally

"D, ay"

Hence: Canada.

hehehe.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:37 PM
You meant in Texas right? I am sure the Yanks act differently. Tehehehe.

I know what you silly Canadians say about we TEXANS! My Canadian customer, who relocated down here, done told me!! So I know a thing or two about a thing or two, Missy! naughty
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Vibrissa

hehee Vibrissa, they say we Texans are not polite! BEHIND our backs they say we are cocky and arrogant! sigh
Posted By: Scotland Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:39 PM
Eh actually comes from Britain. But of course WE get the blame/credit for it.

It is funny, I even type it on here sometimes, then I re-read what I wrote and I take it out.

My Mom was born in Milwaukee and my Dad was born in Scotland.

I was born in Toronto, so I am all mixed up. My cousin, who lives in Milwaukee likes to make fun of the way I say about(aboot). It's all in fun. Funny thing is, people from BC tell me I sound American. Well, which one is it? Do I sound Canadian, or American? Guess it depends on who I am talking to.

BTW Mel, my aunt lives in Texas. laugh

GOH DARN IT PEOPLE YOU SPELL IT EH.

And yes, we tell that joke too.
Posted By: Scotland Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

hehee Vibrissa, they say we Texans are not polite! BEHIND our backs they say we are cocky and arrogant! sigh

We would say it to your face, we are just to scairt that you would SHOOT us. grin
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:41 PM
It's all in fun. Funny thing is, people from BC tell me I sound American. Well, which one is it? Do I sound Canadian, or American? Guess it depends on who I am talking to.

People from the UP of Michigan sound just like Canadians. They even say "EH!"
Posted By: Scotland Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:43 PM
That's funny though because when they visit here(remember I live in Niagara Falls and I work in a MAJOR retail store), we can hear the accent. They hear ours too. laugh
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

We would say it to your face, we are just to scairt that you would SHOOT us. grin

Well, we would!! grin

Listen, I had to DRAG it out of my poor customer. We have the best time together. He is a hoot! But very, very, overly polite. He says that Texans are big hearted behind all the swagger. But he loves living here now!
Posted By: themud Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:44 PM
Come on. I use to tell my wife it's like the McKenzie brothers and moose and beer.

Go forward 10 years and watching brother bear, I almost gave myself a hernia laughing when the moose turned out to be the M-brothers.
Posted By: themud Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:47 PM
I have outlaws on both sides of the country... and of course I meant province or Pro-vince.

It took years for my wife to say produce and process correctly... well worth the language lessons.
Posted By: Scotland Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:49 PM
We LOVE the Mackenzie brothers.

What we love even more, living in Niagara, is seeing the Americans, in July, come over the Rainbow bridge with SKIS, YES SNOW SKIS, strapped to their roof. It is 34 degrees(93 F) here today. The only snow you are gonna see is out behind the ice rink. laugh
Posted By: Scotland Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by themud
I have outlaws on both sides of the country... and of course I meant province or Pro-vince.

It took years for my wife to say produce and process correctly... well worth the language lessons.

Ummmm where did ENGLISH come from? Who pronounces things incorrectly? HMMMMMMM? And spelling? Tehehehe
Posted By: themud Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:52 PM
Scotty,

I use to live near Erie, PA, yes I know. Wife grew up in Oakville. OTHS, yes stuck up beyond belief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We use to ski, Hollimont/Holliday Valley depending on if a friend of ours could get is on to that little mound you call a mountain... we live in CO now, I was at 11,000 feet on Sunday... still snow up there.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:53 PM
Ummmm where did ENGLISH come from? Who pronounces things incorrectly? HMMMMMMM? And spelling? Tehehehe

well, from AMERICA, duh!!! Have you heard how these silly foreigners talk on here??
Posted By: themud Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:54 PM
Scotty,

Exactly! English. I'm an American. I speak American!!! That is why we take English in school, to learn a foreign language... English.
Posted By: themud Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:55 PM
Would you like a spot of tea? Howe, 'boot those Blue Jays eh?

Isn't there a hockey team called the Flamers?
Posted By: Scotland Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:55 PM
Guess I should have a map in my pocket with directions to the Rockies then, eh?(see told you I do it. I left it in there just for you guys. laugh )

Also think it is great when people ask where our igloos are. Geez I never heard that one before. MrRollieEyes
Posted By: themud Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:57 PM
Canada. The only good invention... Rush and Timmy's coffee
Posted By: Scotland Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:57 PM
I LOVE tea. Of course I drink it SWEETENED. laugh

I don't like baseball. laugh

And yes, we have a hockey team called the Calgary FLAMES.

Here's their website in case you need to buy some tickets. laugh
Posted By: themud Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:58 PM
Ah, yes. Calgary, the ugly stepson. Where the men can be men and the bulls are nervous.
Posted By: Scotland Re: themud - 07/15/10 07:59 PM
RUSH? Argh. NOT Rush.

Finger Eleven. Sum 41. Barenaked Ladies. The Tea Party. Our Lady Peace. THOSE are just SOME bands that I would have allowed.
Posted By: themud Re: themud - 07/15/10 08:00 PM
I saw the Barenaked Lads at a small bar in St. Louis before they hit it, yes good band.
Posted By: themud Re: themud - 07/15/10 08:02 PM
Brian Adams, April Wine, Jim Carey, John Candy... look at them. To top it off Michael J. Fox.

Scotty,

We know all about them. We have files on all 700 canadians and we are watching you. All those nuculear warheads up there. You guys are always threatening your harmless neighbors with strikes.
Posted By: Scotland Re: themud - 07/15/10 08:06 PM
NOW THAT made me laugh. Yea, we are threatening. What are we going to do, take away your hydro power(which BTW we sell to the States and then buy back for MORE money, sounds SMART doesn't it?). Are you all scairt of our USED warships that we bought from the British Navy? The ships that were 100 years old and full of holes? We are such LOSERS when it comes to Military equipment.

Our best military invention was the Avro Arrow and they got rid of it. DUH. STUPID.
Posted By: SugarCane Re: themud - 07/15/10 09:07 PM
Is Canada different from the USA, then?
Posted By: Mark1952 Re: themud - 07/15/10 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by SugarCane
They're sort of our version of Ireland...
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: themud - 07/15/10 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by SugarCane

uh yes!! they are silly foreigners and we are not!! They are owned by a queen!
Posted By: Scotland Re: themud - 07/16/10 03:49 AM
We aren't owned by anyone. The queen may be on some of our "monopoly" money(argh, the next tourist who gets Canadian change and says, "Can I have some real money?" is gonna get a bop on the nose)but she doesn't OWN us.

We have become more Americanized lately though. We have had a real cultural shift. I had a hard time finding toys/DVDs for my boys that had ZED at the end of the alphabet instead of ZEE. Shudder.
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: themud - 07/16/10 01:22 PM

Jes Sayin'...

Mrs. W stickout
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: themud - 07/16/10 01:34 PM
dats right, MrsW, its all Canada's fault! laugh
Posted By: rwinger Re: themud - 07/17/10 01:04 AM
Good grief = whats with Canadian bashing

Moved down here to Dallas 30 yrs ago and still get comments on how I say organization and other words during conf calls.

Hang in there Scottie

btw - married a south jersey girl - let me tell ya - that philly accent is tough to drop.

My family is on both sides of the border and it is fun to tease each other. Its cool to see others with a mixed family have the same humour or humor,

Here is a more serious note - some dont realize that Canada has been in Afghanistan within months of 09/11 & hvnt shied away from dangerous missions.

Posted By: SugarCane Re: themud - 07/17/10 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by rwinger
It's fun.
Posted By: Mark1952 Re: themud - 07/17/10 04:35 AM
I think that should be "What's with Canada bashing, eh?"

Besides, it's easier to spell than Minnesota...Dontchyano?

Posted By: rwinger Re: themud - 07/17/10 07:31 AM
yeah - funny - was typing a bit quickly = working in MS Project on another screen - have a bad habit of cutting out words - maybe ADD lol

Another thing about Canadians - they live as far south as their citizenship will allow.

They dont congregate around Detroit and Buffalo for very long if on this side - most head for Florida and California and even Texas.

The joke is when Apollo 11 landed on the moon, there was a Canuck with a maple leaf on his backpack already there.

© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums