Marriage Builders
Posted By: buzyone Medical MJ and marriage - 02/20/12 02:27 AM
Hey everyone....sooo a little history...I have suffered my whole life with CHRONIC and I mean CHRONIC back and knee pain...to the point where its hard for me to get out of bed somedays.

Recently, thanks to the peeps over at **edit** as well as **edit** I have gotten my medical MJ card and have begun smoking for medication, instead of being hooked on these horrible pills they'[ve had me on. Anyways, the point and my dilemma really is that my hubby CANNOT stand me smoking...he says he HATES it....and it really is affecting our marriage. I mean I NEED it and he HATES it....HELP!!!!????
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Medical MJ and marriage - 02/20/12 05:06 PM
Go see your physician.
Tell her/him you are 'hooked' on MJ.
ASK for help with a non pharmacological pain management plan.
Or ....... get a divorce.
Posted By: markos Re: Medical MJ and marriage - 02/20/12 05:10 PM
In such a situation, I've heard Dr. Harley say to make an appointment with the physician who is prescribing medical marijuana and take your spouse with you. Then, follow the policy of joint agreement.
Posted By: markos Re: Medical MJ and marriage - 02/20/12 05:15 PM
Dr. Harley on medical marijuana and the policy of joint agreement:

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/radio_program/play_segment.cfm?sid=3382
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Medical MJ and marriage - 02/20/12 05:40 PM
Thanks Markos.
Posted By: johnstwin Re: Medical MJ and marriage - 02/20/12 10:38 PM
Hi buzyone-

My OS has Crohns which causes lots of joint pain in addition to the intestinal issues. Because of it, he can't take any kind of pain reliever except narcotics, which he doesn't want to take unless he is at "11" on the "1 to 10" pain meter. That usually is only if he has to go to the ER for a severe flare-up.

On my dad's advice (a retired internist) he went to the naturopathic doctor who works with his primary care doctor and found out that turmeric can help relieve chronic pain. We get it at a local natural supplements store in capsule form. It took a few weeks before he noticed that his pain had lessened, as it is with all natural supplements.

Hope this helps-
Posted By: Viscountess Re: Medical MJ and marriage - 02/21/12 03:08 AM
Feverfew works very well for my Lupus/RA pain as well - I am off my day to day anti-inflammatories!
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Medical MJ and marriage - 02/22/12 01:06 AM
All Together Now: "Another Spammer Bites the Dust!"
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums