Marriage Builders
Posted By: indiegirl Wonder Woman - 06/18/12 10:18 AM
The inventor of the polygraph, William Moulton Marsden is also the creator of Wonder Woman. This is said to explain the idea behind her lasso of truth.

According to this Wikipedia article, the idea for Wonder Woman came from his wife Elizabeth and she also gave him the idea for the polygraph.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Moulton_Marston

She played a great role in his success in life.

Yet she agreed to live in a polyamorous relationship with her H and OW Olive Byrne.

Throughout his life, Marston championed the causes of women , and said that a woman's 'natural submissiveness' was empowering.

Though his wife's intelligence was responsible for the creation of Wonder Woman, her appearance is said to closely resemble Olive Byrne.

puke

You couldn't make it up, could you?
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Wonder Woman - 06/18/12 10:43 AM
Where's the thumbs down?

I grew up watching wonder woman. Aren't we all? Kind of a downer knowing about the creator, huh?
Posted By: schtoop Re: Wonder Woman - 06/18/12 03:29 PM
[Linked Image from famousmonstersoffilmland.com]

Nothing you can do will spoil this vision of womanhood and loveliness that I discovered when I was first hitting puberty. She will always be a splendid vision from my childhood!!!
Posted By: Letty Re: Wonder Woman - 06/23/12 03:58 AM
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Where's the thumbs down?

I grew up watching wonder woman. Aren't we all? Kind of a downer knowing about the creator, huh?

explains her tiny little unsuitable-for-crime-fighting outfit!
Posted By: Enlightened_Ex Re: Wonder Woman - 06/25/12 08:19 PM
If I were a criminal, the outfit would distract me smile
Posted By: HoldHerHand Re: Wonder Woman - 06/25/12 08:22 PM
Hobbies.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums