Marriage Builders
Posted By: Fred_in_VA Dating Ideas - 03/07/11 02:45 AM
I don't usually link or quote articles, but I thought this was worthy of a post. I hope the it doesn't violate the TOS. If it does, I hope the mods will see fit to remove it.

I came across an article, 7 dates that�ll create instant chemistry

I'll just post the headings. Read the article for the details.

1) Go hunting - No, more like shopping, not the killing type.
2) Get dizzy - Basically, meet on a bridge.
3) Attend a group dining experience - Like a Benihana, for example.
4) Get in touch with your artistic sides - DO something artsy, not just look at it.
5) Get nosy - Scent is the key. A cheese festival, for example?
6) Dance, dance, dance - Need I say more?
7) Play a game together - Not head to head, though.

Hmmm. I've worked on three of the seven already. Who knew?
Posted By: Isabeau Re: Dating Ideas - 03/07/11 03:29 AM
Aquariums.
Arts & crafts festivals.

I don't know about creating instant chemistry, but they're fun. smile

Posted By: RuffledNOT Re: Dating Ideas - 03/07/11 02:25 PM
amusement parks. albeit noisy, lots of fun things to do and you might hold hands in case you lose each other being distracted by the games around you. plus, you get to behave like kids.

Posted By: Isabeau Re: Dating Ideas - 03/07/11 03:07 PM
I've been thinking more about this thread, and nature is very romantic and sensual to me...

walks on the beach
stargazing
whale watching
mountain climbing
taking a drive in the country

And even collecting flowers when I'm out and about and pressing them has become fun lately.

Those are some of my favorite date memories.
Posted By: KayC Re: Dating Ideas - 03/07/11 09:17 PM
One of the best dates I ever had was one of my first dates with my kids' dad. He took me arrowhead hunting. I thought that was really unique and it earned a bunch of brownie points with me immediately for that. We had a long drive to get there which gave us a lot of time for talking and getting to know each other. We saw beautiful scenery on the way, and we had a picnic there as well. It was a wonderful day.

Another date that stands out in my memory was going to a wildlife refuge, we hiked, and it was a beautiful day...but then I love nature.

Another one I remember was with my late husband...we went for a drive to collect fall leaves to send to his grandma in Florida, and also for a vase for our table. I remember him climbing up embankments to get just the right colored leaves...that impressed me about him, that he cared so much and had so much zest for life. But then again, like I said, I love nature. smile
Posted By: WhenIfindthetime Re: Dating Ideas - 03/09/11 11:05 PM
number 7 for competitive people is perfect.

i have a potential golf date, and we can play together with another couple, which is perfect. . .

can't wait for spring.
Posted By: Greengables Re: Dating Ideas - 03/23/11 11:24 PM
One of my perfect first dates was a while ago. We went to arboretum. (Sorry for the spelling) We walked and talked. held hands and then kissed at just the perfect spot. That led to dinner and a whirlwind 4 week romance.

Over the decades, I've become very suspicious of perfect first dates. They never bode well long term for me.

I did go on an interesting one though. We went to see a submarine and an old war ship. I forget which kind.
Posted By: KayC Re: Dating Ideas - 03/24/11 08:10 PM
GG,
So good to see/hear from you again! I've been wondering how you are...
Posted By: Greengables Re: Dating Ideas - 03/25/11 01:17 AM
Hi, Kay. (totally thread jacking here)

I've been so busy with work and home and stress and and and.

Work has actually driven me to exercise because I developed TMJ disorder. Crazy, huh? But I thought I'd check in.

How are you? Probably I should start my own little thread. smile

Back to Fred's thread.
Posted By: stillcommitted Re: Dating Ideas - 03/25/11 02:59 PM
My first date with my STBEX was to hop a fright train, had a nice ride in the mountains, managed to get her on and off with out getting hurt. Don't know that I'd recommend that one now..... I was 21 when I did that.
© Marriage Builders® Forums