Marriage Builders
Posted By: LA11 Dating - 08/26/14 06:24 PM
So, I am recently in a relationship about 30 days...My partner seems to think that when I am trying to get him to see my point of view it "bitchiness" or a argument...I'm trying to work on areas I know I need to but somehow he feels he doesn't have anything to work on and he doesn't see how it hurts me...Appears I am the one who needs to right my wrongs that I have had in the past...That he keeps relating to...

HELP!

Posted By: NewEveryDay Re: Dating - 08/26/14 07:04 PM
Is he relationship material? It's shocking to me how little we are willing to settle for *so* quickly! What good qualities does he have that can compensate for thoughtlessness for his partner?
Posted By: LA11 Re: Dating - 08/26/14 07:12 PM
He saved me from a bad situation and I left after a argument and he thought I was out doing things I shouldnt...I had a former addiction problem...
Posted By: Jedi_Knight Re: Dating - 08/27/14 02:21 AM
How long have you known him?
How long have you dated him?
Are you sleeping together?
Posted By: LA11 Re: Dating - 08/27/14 08:21 PM
I know you are trying to help...but rather intimate questions...why may I ask...and how do I reply privately?
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Dating - 08/27/14 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by LA11
I know you are trying to help...but rather intimate questions...why may I ask...and how do I reply privately?
PM function isn't allowed on this site.

This is anonymous forum and so no one can figure out who you are.

The more honest you are the better help you receive. Also, then we know how to advise you using Dr. Harley's Concepts.
Posted By: LA11 Re: Dating - 08/27/14 08:45 PM
6 months. Yes.
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Dating - 08/27/14 09:16 PM
Have you read this? Buyers, Renters and Freeloaders
Posted By: geroldmodel Re: Dating - 08/28/14 07:41 PM
Well that's emotional abuse in my book...

RUN!
Posted By: LongWayFromHome Re: Dating - 08/29/14 05:48 PM
6 months. Yes.

Dr. Harley strongly recommends a lot of fun casual dating with several men (up to 30!)- keeping it all enjoyable and easy.

He also recommends that women do not have sex with their dates, because women tend to attach a lot of emotional importance on the relationship once it becomes sexual.

You might consider buying the excellent book about relationships by Dr. Harley called "Buyers, Renters, and Freeloaders."
Posted By: markos Re: Dating - 08/29/14 06:45 PM
Appears I am the one who needs to right my wrongs that I have had in the past

I think the main wrong you need to right is this:

Don't put up with a relationship where the man is disrespectful to you. If he responds to your feelings with disrespect and implies that you shouldn't feel the way you feel; if he engages in namecalling like using words like "bitchiness" -- don't put up with this!!

I would strongly encourage you to listen to Marriage Builders Radio every day to get an idea of what a relationship can be like with ABSOLUTELY NO demands, disrespect, or anger.
Posted By: markos Re: Dating - 08/29/14 06:45 PM
So, I am recently in a relationship about 30 days...My partner

Don't partner with a guy after only 30 days!
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums