Marriage Builders
Posted By: Fireproof Phone Recorders - Cells and Landlines - 02/04/11 03:38 PM
Please suggest and describe equipment you have used.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Phone Recorders - 02/04/11 03:40 PM
Flexispy for cell phone spyware $149 - $349 [some models have built in GPS function]
Flexispy.com

eblaster spyware for blackberry's and android phones - HAS BUILT IN GPS - spectorpro.com

iPhone Spy Stick - Recover DELETED iPhone Text Messages, Map Searches, Hidden Contacts, & More here
Posted By: MelodyLane Land Line Phones - 02/04/11 03:41 PM
Phone Recorders � Landlines

70 Hour Pen Style Digital Telephone Recorder here

Radio Shack Recorder Control - $28.49 For use with a hidden tape recorder [must buy recorder separately] here
Posted By: Nerlycrzy Re: Land Line Phones - 02/04/11 04:11 PM
Radio Shack Telephone Recorder Control

Works GREAT. WELL worth the money for the home landline phone.

You also need a little mini cassette recorder--voice activated.

One recorder & control in one phone outlet records all phone extensions connected to that number.
Posted By: LawfulGood Re: Land Line Phones - 02/08/11 09:42 PM
Flexispy = undoubtedly the best investment I ever made in my life, PERIOD! Without that software, I would have NEVER discovered OM#4, would have lived under my ExWWs thumb forever. Would have been a doormat to her for-E V E R! Buy it, install it, use it�watch closely!
Posted By: Vity Re: Land Line Phones - 02/11/11 10:32 PM
If you get the Radio Shack phone recorder you don't have to have a tape recorder. Get a digital voice recorder with mic input and use that. Much easier than dealing with cassette tapes.
Posted By: Babycakes2010 Re: Phone Recorders - 02/12/11 01:42 PM
You have tried it? I have "Cell Phone Spy� Reads Deleted Texts
Item #: 017-CELLPHONESPY" and it did not retrieve any deleted text, it was a waste of money!
Posted By: foreignaffair Re: Phone Recorders - 02/25/11 05:25 PM
Has anyone tried Mobile Spy for an Iphone4? It looks great on paper - tracks phone records, texts, emails, websites, and photos. Just want to see if it really works before I buy it.
Posted By: V_planifolia Re: Phone Recorders - 02/26/11 01:30 AM
Saw this on MSN today: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41785679?gt1=43001

ePhoneTracker's official website: http://www.ephonetracker.com/

Sorry if this one's already been mentioned here in the sleuthing forum!
Posted By: PHOEN1X Re: Phone Recorders - 03/07/11 09:00 AM
I've used Flexispy. I'm thinking about getting it again...
Posted By: doubtingthomasli Re: Phone Recorders - 03/09/11 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Mrs_Vanilla
Saw this on MSN today: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41785679?gt1=43001

ePhoneTracker's official website: http://www.ephonetracker.com/

Sorry if this one's already been mentioned here in the sleuthing forum!

just thought worth a mention, i am checking this out at the moment, seems to be accurate so far but will update its potentials soon.
BEWARE the purchase of this product lists as ephone tracker on your credit card statement.
Posted By: Eph525 Re: Phone Recorders - 03/24/11 06:11 AM
two new ones I found from the makers of eblaster:

eblaster mobild for Andriod - http://www.spectorsoft.com/products/eBlaster-Mobile-Android/index.asp

eblaster mobile for Blackberry - http://www.spectorsoft.com/products/eBlaster_mobile/index.asp
Posted By: doubtingthomasli Re: Phone Recorders - 03/24/11 10:37 AM
UPDATE: for ephonetacker

I have been using this for 2 weeks now, so thought i would add my opinion of the software - i have it installed on a jailbroken iphone 3gs running on OS 3.1.3

1. the website states that your payment will appear as CLKBANK on your statement, this is false it appears as plimus.ephonetracker - so please beware of this, all it will take is a quick google and all will be discovered.
2. software installation is quite simple and basic instructions are supplied via email.
3. problem support is via helpdesk ticket, minimum response time so far to questions has been 4 days, totally unacceptable.
4. website says logs are sent to email account after any activity and gps logs are sent every 30 mins, again this is completely unreliable - i took the phone on a 3 hour test drive and received 4 logs containing locations that were at best 1.5 miles from known location and i had never even passed the road it said i was in, and gives my home location as a road 1.6 miles away from real location.
5. call,email,sms logs are correct and detailed in full
6. spycall - once your monitor number is applied to software when target is called it remotely switches on the mic and surroundings,conversations are quite clearly heard but when the monitor phone number calls the target number it appears on the screen for appx 10secs, long enough for the target to respond or make note of the number - unacceptable as this is supposed to be completely stealth and undetectable so beware it is not. although it does not make the target phone ring it does cause the vibrate function to operate.
also if the target phone is on charge or being used at the time of a spycall, the number is then stored in missed call/recents screen, again not stealth as advertised.

All in all i would be very very wary in using this software as the risk of detection is quite high.
if all you would rely on are the call,sms and mail logs then for the price it is adequate but for the other advanced features i would steer well clear.
Posted By: chickadee1 Re: Phone Recorders - 05/04/11 12:44 PM
ok- having trouble with a droid and the emails, i have mobistealth and i did buy and return mobilspy. they both said they work with the droid, and they do for phone txts and gps, nut no emails, and suggetions?
Posted By: blaze28 Re: Phone Recorders - 06/20/11 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by chickadee1
ok- having trouble with a droid and the emails, i have mobistealth and i did buy and return mobilspy. they both said they work with the droid, and they do for phone txts and gps, nut no emails, and suggetions?

mobistealth only works for email on blackberries I believe.

I had to uncover passwords to monitor email.

Mobistealth worked great for GPS and recording of surroundings. These were things that helped me the most.
Posted By: chickadee1 Re: Phone Recorders - 07/14/11 06:37 PM
just wanted to give my review or some of the phone recording software i have had the opportunity to be using in the past few months.

ok- started with a blackberry phone - installed mobisteath- good for calls, sms, GPS and email. - but that was the A phone- so thats gone.

so installed it on the New droid- but couldnt get emails...

there is a delay on recieving info.

ok droid battery life stinks and H, paniced and got a LG revolution, but... mobisteath doesnt work on that one...

in comes Phone beagle. pretty good, $49. animated, pleasing screeen, tracks all GPS, SMS, and phone- NO emails! GPS is not great if there are lot of towers in the area

didnt think it worked and H was adamant that we get the best one- so in come flexispy

lgrevolution and flexispy- 1st you have to root the phone- jez you cannot do that on the fly so if you only have minutes wont happen. GPS doesnt work, SMS come up with multiple names (strange)

also these programs do put a drain on the battery so if you WS keeps complaining about battery drain, thats part of it- OOOPS!

now the revolution battery stinks too, so the thought is to go back to a blackberry.

and the mobispy

but for a quick and cheap, that phonebeagle wasnt bad.

Posted By: freefall Re: Land Line Phones - 08/15/11 02:15 AM
I'm looking for something to hook up to my WH's office landline phone. Does the radio shack device record BOTH ends of the conversation, or do you need a separate recorder?

I'm looking for something small and unobtrusive to hook up to his phone. Thanks
Posted By: Nerlycrzy Re: Land Line Phones - 08/15/11 03:46 AM
Yes, the Radio Shack device used to record the landline telephone is small. This picture is pretty accurate size wise. You'd still need a little micro voice activated recorder and, as I'm sure you know, they come in all sizes. Some really small. And they are around $30-40.

And it does record both sides of the conversation.

Posted By: freefall Re: Land Line Phones - 08/15/11 01:55 PM
Actually, I DON'T know. I'm not very tech savy. Someone on this site was recommending a pen-sized recorder. How close does it need to be placed to the phone or person speaking? Desktop? Drawer? Can it be remotely accessed, or do I have to go in, retrieve it, listen, erase, and replace? If you can recommend a particular product or setup, I'd appreciate it
Posted By: freefall Re: Land Line Phones - 08/15/11 01:56 PM
also, do these devices record conversations on all lines linked to the main number?
Posted By: Nerlycrzy Re: Land Line Phones - 08/15/11 07:30 PM
The cassette recorders are sold anywhere,,Radio Shack, WalMart, Target, etc. Usually about the size of a deck of cards or smaller. You want to be sure you get a Voice Activated Recorder.

Yes, the recorder, although connected to only one phone, will record all phones in the house with that phone number.
Posted By: Iwontgiveup Re: Phone Recorders - 10/08/11 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by blaze28

mobistealth only works for email on blackberries I believe.

I had to uncover passwords to monitor email.

Mobistealth worked great for GPS and recording of surroundings. These were things that helped me the most.

I installed mobilestealth on my W LG Optimus M android and it sucks. Here are the issues:

� Customer support takes 2-3 days to respond
� Record of surroundings works only when the target person is playing with the phone. Only got 2 positive recording out of 20 intents.
� Record of surroundings they advertise as stealth. Thats not true. You need to send an sms to the target phone to activate the recording (which usually doesn�t work). The sms is shown in the target phone. NOT STEALTH AT ALL
� Contact list on the target phone won�t automatically update and if you delete it from the mobilstealth club site you need to send a message to customer support to get it back. It takes 1 week to get a new contact list.
� Call Recording is only supported in Iphones and blackberries
� Call history and sms history have a big delay (8-12 hours)
� SMS (text messages) wont match the actual sms sent and received. There are some of them missing (I visually checked this out)
� GPS location is not instantaneous as they advertise. It record location every 10 minutes.
� GPS locations are very unaccurate Longitude wise. Latitude seems to be ok. It works ok if you copy and paste the coordinates in google map but you need to play a little bit with the Longitude.
� From 1-10 I will rate it 3. To expensive for what you will get ($80 for 3 months servic
Posted By: INTERNAL_PAIN Re: Phone Recorders - 01/14/12 05:45 PM
I used mobile-spy on my wife's motorola Devour and it works except for the GPS feature, something to do with Verizon's service, but for reading texts and seeing the incoming and outgoing calls and duration it worked fine.

It cost me $99 for a year
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Phone Recorders - 01/14/12 06:00 PM
Here is the link http://www.mobile-spy.com/
Posted By: Iago Re: Phone Recorders - 03/22/12 08:56 PM
I used mobilespy on my wife's Blackberry. Call and SMS logging worked, but the program caused radical battery drain. From fully charged in the am, it was almost dead by 10:30 am. Would not fully charge while sitting on her desk at work all day, and was almost dead again by time she got home. I had to uninstall that evening, so only got one days use out of it. Fortunately, I used the free trial.

Are there any products out there for blackberry that don't kill the battery?
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Phone Recorders - 03/22/12 09:02 PM
Lago, I haven't heard of that happening with eblaster, so you might want that. It is at spectorsoft.com
Posted By: txf Re: Phone Recorders - 03/27/12 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Geez how long does that take to download install and activate? I only have 5-10 mins max
Posted By: txf Re: Land Line Phones - 03/27/12 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Eph525
two new ones I found from the makers of eblaster:

eblaster mobild for Andriod - http://www.spectorsoft.com/products/eBlaster-Mobile-Android/index.asp

eblaster mobile for Blackberry - http://www.spectorsoft.com/products/eBlaster_mobile/index.asp

Is there one for the iPhone 4?
Posted By: txf Re: Phone Recorders - 03/28/12 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by PHOEN1X
I'veed Flexispy. I'm thinking about getting it again...

Does this work on iPhone 4s with 5.0 newest operating system? I can't find a software program that works!
Posted By: chickadee1 Re: Phone Recorders - 04/16/12 04:26 PM
due for a renewal, and i still feel more confortable having it than not, and now i am very unhappy with the mobistealth.

which one should i get?

eblaster
mobile spy
flexispy

blackberry is the device.

Posted By: chickadee1 Re: Phone Recorders - 04/18/12 11:09 AM
i have listed out what each do, but the fine print on what they dont is unclear, in my experience you find the bugs once its on the phone and i sont want to do that, what are the down sides to each?
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Phone Recorders - 04/18/12 02:16 PM
due for a renewal, and i still feel more confortable having it than not, and now i am very unhappy with the mobistealth.

which one should i get?

eblaster
mobile spy
flexispy

blackberry is the device.

chickadee, I am only familiar with eblaster and it is real easy to use. It gives a GPS location, chat conversations [texting], phone #s of calls that are in and out. It does not give you emails, though.
Posted By: chickadee1 Re: Phone Recorders - 04/18/12 03:12 PM
ok thanks i want the emails so i am down to 2! appreciate your help!
Posted By: tobomeo Re: Phone Recorders - 04/22/12 04:55 PM
If using an iPhone you can read the backup file from iTunes and see just about everything, all deleted and undeleted calls, voicemails, text, internet browsing, gps, etc..

There are a number of free programs like iphone analyzer, iphone browser and others.

This helps give me some peace of mind.
Posted By: Loosingmylove Re: Land Line Phones - 06/25/12 05:52 PM
For all of you looking to buy any of these things. But don't want to use a credit card. Go to WalMart and get a prepaid visa and just use a different mailing address. This way you can't be tracked
Posted By: realitymom Re: Land Line Phones - 07/16/12 06:49 PM
I use SpyBubble on my H's iphone. It did require me to jailbreak the phone.
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Land Line Phones - 07/19/12 04:03 AM
Good intel, realitymom! And welcome to Marriage Builders! If you'd like, please visit our other forums and consider telling us your story! smile
Posted By: susanal Re: Phone Recorders - 08/03/12 06:11 AM
I am using this one: http://www.sms-spy.org/ .
Posted By: Numbing Re: Phone Recorders - 09/06/12 10:04 AM
I would like to see if my husband is sending emails from a different email account (ie yahoo, gmail, etc). If he is getting into these sites with his phone will I be able to see that with a cell phone monitoring software? If so what one do you recommend. He has an IPhone. I need something that I could do quickly because I have limited access to his phone and would only have about five minutes.
Posted By: Everthesame Re: Phone Recorders - 09/06/12 06:31 PM
Numbing, spybubble works on iphones and contains a feature that tracks emails.

spybubble
Posted By: Darkguy Re: Phone Recorders - 09/12/12 02:59 AM
Do I actually need her phone to install ephone? Are there any good spy software out there for phones where I don't need to physically have her phone to use?
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Phone Recorders - 10/19/12 01:21 AM
spybubble is here: http://www.spybubble.com/cell-phone-monitoring-software.php
Posted By: rrr Re: Phone Recorders - 10/22/12 04:12 PM
I am looking into one of the following 4. I just want call logs, text logs and gps. I have all email passwords that I can monitor live on my phone. I would also like the one with the least battery drain.

Mobile-Spy
mobistealth
eblaster
flexispy

Any suggestions on battery drain and accuracy of data they obtain. And would prefer not to have to root the phone. Android.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Phone Recorders - 10/22/12 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by rrr
I am looking into one of the following 4. I just want call logs, text logs and gps. I have all email passwords that I can monitor live on my phone. I would also like the one with the least battery drain.

Mobile-Spy
mobistealth
eblaster
flexispy

Any suggestions on battery drain and accuracy of data they obtain. And would prefer not to have to root the phone. Android.

rrr, eblaster is pretty accurate and I have never been aware of a battery drain issue. It has a GPS, records texts and sends call logs. It is $65. I don't know what it means to root a phone, though.
Posted By: markos Re: Phone Recorders - 10/22/12 05:03 PM
Rooting means to gain "root" or "SuperUser" or "Administrator" access. In some cases it might be difficult or impossible, and in some cases it might void the phone warranty.

If I have an android phone and root it, I can typically treat it like a regular computer and install anything I want on it, including things the manufacturer would prefer I not do (because they don't want to pay for the support phone calls from me when I screw things up!) So it makes sense for them to lock it down and make this difficult, and also to refuse to support my phone any more if I do it. On the other hand, it might make sense for me to do it if I don't mind being "on my own" with the phone with no help from the manufacturer any more.

I do not think that rooting is involved for installation of most phone spyware, but I don't have enough experience to know.

I did consider rooting Prisca's Kindle to install the Marriage Builders app last year, before there was a Marriage Builders app for Kindle! smile
Posted By: Canweworkagain Re: Phone Recorders - 01/04/13 07:34 AM
Has anyone worried about getting caught? Obviously you are not telling your spouse, my wh uses work issued cell phone for his communications. He also has a personal phone, it is in his name. From what I am reading it is illegal for me to track the work phone...is there any way they would know?
Posted By: SugarCane Re: Phone Recorders - 01/06/13 01:47 PM
They might well know, depending on what you are planning to do to "track" it.

But first things first. I can see some of your story from your signature, but I think you need to tell us the whole thing. Your H has left, so how would you get hold of his work phone to track it anyway? And if he has left, then you can assume he is still in his affair and you do not need to monitor his work phone. You would not accept him back into your home until he made his work phone transparent to you, and if this is a workplace affair, he needs to leave that job anyway before you let him back. It sounds to me as if you should be in Plan B and doing nothing more for or with your H until he ends his affair and commits to recovery with full transparency.

Please start a thread in Surviving an Affair. You will get a lot of help there. Welcome to MB, and I'm sorry that you had to find us!
Posted By: Southpaw Re: Phone Recorders - 01/25/13 08:42 PM
Has anybody here used the ez-csi phone tracking software which does not need access to the phone being tracked ? I am interested if anyone has tried it?

http://www.ez-csi.com/Ultimate-Investigator.htm

Posted By: Southpaw Re: Phone Recorders - 01/25/13 08:45 PM
Maybe it is not legal to use as I see it is only to be used for tracking minors and employees ?
Posted By: Southpaw Re: Phone Recorders - 01/30/13 06:08 PM
Dont try it - red herring
Posted By: mommy2baby3 Re: Phone Recorders - 03/09/13 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by Southpaw
Has anybody here used the ez-csi phone tracking software which does not need access to the phone being tracked ? I am interested if anyone has tried it?

http://www.ez-csi.com/Ultimate-Investigator.htm

Lots of bad reviews. Steet clear. And someone wrote that the website expires 3/2013 so sounds like a bust.

http://www.scambook.com/report/view/209880/EZ-CSI-Cell-Phone-Monitoring-Software-Complaint-209880-for-$137.00
Posted By: wife83 Re: Phone Recorders - 03/15/13 07:44 AM
Is anyone familiar with spy software to put on a HP computer? The problem I deal with is that H is a program specialist....he knows the programs that are on his computer. I'm worried about getting caught.
Posted By: SFL Re: Land Line Phones - 04/29/14 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by realitymom
I use SpyBubble on my H's iphone. It did require me to jailbreak the phone.

Hi realitymom- this is an old thread but could you please tell me how easy it was to jailbreak and how long it took? (how many minutes)

And then same for installing the software?

Thank you!
© Marriage Builders® Forums