Marriage Builders
Posted By: prismatic intervention - 12/26/11 07:08 PM
Good morning all, I've turned to you for help please. My son and daughter(n-law)are currently separated. They have 3 children. Its gotten pretty bad for all involved. I've suggested an intervention and to my surprise they have both agreed to it. I've been praying and asking for guidance and came across this site. How do I facilitate this?
Posted By: Prisca Re: intervention - 12/26/11 08:01 PM
Why are they separated? Has there been an affair?
Posted By: Prisca Re: intervention - 12/26/11 08:09 PM
1. They should move back in together. They cannot work on their marriage if they are not together.
2. Introduce them to this website. Encourage them to create their own accounts and participate.
3. Buy them "Lovebusters" and "His Needs, Her Needs." Encourage them to work through the program together.
4. The absolute BEST thing you can do for them is provide them with several hours worth of babysitting each week so they can have plenty of Undivided Attention time together. They will need a minimum of 15 hours alone in order for their marriage to recover.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: intervention - 12/26/11 08:32 PM
GREAT advice from Prisca! Prismatic, welcome to Marriage Builders. Can you give us more information? What happened? How long married?
Posted By: prismatic Re: intervention - 01/01/12 11:18 PM
Thanks everyone, I'll try to give more info. First of all, I love both of them and I'm frustrated with both of them. I'm quite sure that there has been no affair. They are separated for a number of reasons. I see and hear selfishness and power struggles from each. Such as who controls the money, how to discipline the kids, who does what chores, what church to go to, public schools or home-schooled. The list goes on and on and never gets resolved, just adds more to it. They both are stubborn and prideful, and both of them are hurting, which bothers me greatly. They have been married for 10 yrs. The kids are 7,5,& 2. They are living with my daughter with their mom for a month now. I printed most of the info from this site for each of them and ask them to read it before the intervention.
Posted By: Brits_Brat Re: intervention - 01/02/12 03:09 AM
In addition to Prisca's excellent suggestions, can they afford counseling with the Harley's??? Perhaps that, a Marriage Builders weekend or the Marriage Builders Self Study Program?
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums