Marriage Builders
Posted By: alis Free UA time ideas - 06/14/12 07:22 PM
Hi everyone

I would love some help brainstorming some free UA time ideas. We're on one income and #2 is due soon so going out to restaurants or events is a bit too much for us right now.

- Night walks
- Working out (since we have our equipment already)
- Hot tubbing

Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/14/12 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by alis
Hi everyone

I would love some help brainstorming some free UA time ideas. We're on one income and #2 is due soon so going out to restaurants or events is a bit too much for us right now.

- Night walks
- Working out (since we have our equipment already)
- Hot tubbing

Have you seen these? Free/Low Cost Dates
Posted By: Mrs_Recon6mo Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/14/12 07:44 PM
- conversations on several entertaining subjects
- affection and SF
- playing cards / board / word / guessing games
- reading to each other
- picnic at home with snacks improvised from food you already have in the fridge
- listening to music together - some old music you used to love, dancing together then

Posted By: markos Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/14/12 07:55 PM
Dancing.
Posted By: Prisca Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/14/12 08:43 PM
Picnics at the lake or park
Baking a favorite dessert together, then enjoying conversation while eating it
Posted By: Prisca Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/14/12 08:53 PM
Fix your bedroom up nice -- you don't have to spend a lot of money to do this. Clear out any clutter, pictures of the kids or family, and the tv. Get some cheap candles, put up wedding pictures, maybe even save up for a special item (new sheets? new pillows? new paint?).

Make it romantic, just for the two of you. In our house, the kids are NEVER allowed in our room. They know the rule. Our room is our gettaway spot, a romantic sanctuary.

When you make it a special place, free from kids, it's a wonderful place to escape to together for a picnic in bed, dancing, snuggling, playing games, SF, etc. WITHOUT spending the big bucks of going out to eat.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/14/12 11:43 PM
Something my husband and I have started doing is splitting entrees in restaurants. We are tired of taking home doggie bags that never get eaten so we POJA an entree and split the plate! If you did that at a low cost restaurant, you could eat cheap. It has really cut our bill down.

Another thing is to buy groupons. We have received some great restaurant coupons doing this.

Another thing we love to do is shop together in a store we like. We meet the needs of conversation, affection, "recreational companionship" grin and sexual fulfillment while shopping in stores like Sams, Walmart and Bed, Bath and Beyond.
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/15/12 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Another thing we love to do is shop together in a store we like. We meet the needs of conversation, affection, "recreational companionship" grin and sexual fulfillment while shopping in stores like Sams, Walmart and Bed, Bath and Beyond.
Is that legal? laugh
Posted By: markos Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/15/12 01:57 AM
markos makes a note not to take Prisca to Bed, Bath, and Beyond on our date tomorrow night...
Posted By: markos Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/15/12 02:01 AM
Something Dr. Harley and Joyce have said is that they love driving for their UA time. They are actually together about 22 hours out of every day (oh the joys of retirement! and/or being in business together) but their real time when they focus on each other is often spent driving somewhere.

Dr. Harley has said that this would not work for everybody. Some people can't pay attention and have good conversation while driving, and some people wouldn't feel listened to if their conversation partner is driving at the time, and of course you can't look at each other! So those are all drawbacks to varying degrees that would keep driving from working for some couples, but apparently it works for the Harleys.
Posted By: markos Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/15/12 02:03 AM
(We used to drive to make our kids fall asleep, and then we would get time with each other, but that quit working reliably at some point. smile )
Posted By: Prisca Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/15/12 02:04 AM
Bubble baths
Massages
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/15/12 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by markos
Something Dr. Harley and Joyce have said is that they love driving for their UA time. They are actually together about 22 hours out of every day (oh the joys of retirement! and/or being in business together) but their real time when they focus on each other is often spent driving somewhere.

Some of our most romantic time is on the road time together! We love road trips. loveheart But just not in heavy traffic!
Posted By: alis Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/15/12 10:29 AM
Thanks for all the great ideas, we will def. take some into consideration this week. We have 2 cars, one of which is a little Toyota Yaris and super cheap on gas so we can head out in that leaving grandpa at home to watch kiddo sleep (something that really helps our UA time is his natural passed out by 7pm bedtime!)

SF at Bed, Bath, and Beyond... hehe, Mel, I'm 7 months pregnant, as if that isn't comical enough!!! If I get arrested I'm blaming you all :P
Posted By: armymama Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/15/12 10:34 AM
Breakfast in bed
Flowers from the yard/garden. If there aren't any, plant some seeds/small plants together.
Cook together. Footsie at dinner. Wash dishes together. Hold hands under the water.
Drive to the local teenage make-out spot.
Foot massages were a big hit with me when I was pregnant.

Note: Next time I buy bedding at Bed, Bath and Beyond, be VERY certain that it is actually new.

AM
Posted By: alis Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/15/12 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by armymama
Foot massages were a big hit with me when I was pregnant.

I'm going to ask for this one, thanks!!!! LOL. My running shoes don't even fit anymore frown
Posted By: armymama Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/15/12 10:38 AM
Massage his feet also - if you can reach them!!!
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/15/12 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by armymama
Note: Next time I buy bedding at Bed, Bath and Beyond, be VERY certain that it is actually new.

AM
No doubt! Especially if it's after Mel's and DH date night or Markos and Priscas.

Or maybe we could just look for the glow of the police lights? laugh
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/15/12 02:12 PM
I guess I need to clarify and say that you can do very affectionate things that lead up to making love without going that far. I guess I would call it affection on steroids. And that is as far as I am going! rotflmao I assure you that I behave like a lady in public!
Posted By: 20YearHistory Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/15/12 02:54 PM
Not the most thrilling of all ideas but we really have enjoyed doing puzzles together. The challenging ones we do sometimes take up to 2 weeks to complete.

However, sitting next to each other...sometimes the hands get a little frisky under the table leading to more exciting things!

Next, we are going to dust off the tennis rackets.
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/15/12 08:01 PM
I guess I need to clarify and say that you can do very affectionate things that lead up to making love without going that far. I guess I would call it affection on steroids. And that is as far as I am going! rotflmao I assure you that I behave like a lady in public!

Oh we have no doubt you behave like a lady. smile
Posted By: markos Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/15/12 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

I want to know her husband's opinions about how a lady should behave.
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/15/12 08:17 PM

No doubt. laugh
Posted By: markos Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/15/12 08:19 PM
You're all going to laugh at this suggestion, but sometimes Prisca and I enjoy listening to Marriage Builders Radio for UA. I think it only works because we talk, talk, TALK about it, sometimes totally missing what's being said on the show because it sparks our own conversation.

I don't think that would work for everyone. But it is free!
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/15/12 08:24 PM

Don't you dare ask him! faint
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/15/12 09:07 PM
You're all going to laugh at this suggestion, but sometimes Prisca and I enjoy listening to Marriage Builders Radio for UA. I think it only works because we talk, talk, TALK about it, sometimes totally missing what's being said on the show because it sparks our own conversation.

I don't think that would work for everyone. But it is free!

Why laugh? This is an excellent idea!
Posted By: markos Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/18/12 02:03 PM
Okay, I want to know who passed Prisca the suggestion for our date last Friday. She leaned her back against my chest at one point, and I held her for awhile until I was poked by something sharp. That was odd. I felt around for a minute, and finally found a sharp pin inside her dress, poking me! I tried to help her get it out, and only succeeded in stabbing my finger several times.

It turns out Prisca had a safety pin in her bra to mend a part that had become detached.

What is this? Some kind of new defense mechanism???

Note to the ladies: if you want to tell your husband "hands off," just say it straight out. Stabbing him repeatedly during UA time is probably not a love bank deposit! smile
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/18/12 02:06 PM
Okay, I want to know who passed Prisca the suggestion for our date last Friday. She leaned her back against my chest at one point, and I held her for awhile until I was poked by something sharp. That was odd. I felt around for a minute, and finally found a sharp pin inside her dress, poking me! I tried to help her get it out, and only succeeded in stabbing my finger several times.

It turns out Prisca had a safety pin in her bra to mend a part that had become detached.

Note to the ladies: if you want to tell your husband "hands off," just say it straight out. Stabbing him repeatedly during UA time is probably not a love bank deposit! smile

Haha that thrifty Prisca. smile
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/18/12 02:07 PM

Dang, that girl is one smart cookie!! I am going to put a pin in my brassiere! My DH was rubbing my back in the Walmart line and he grabbed my bra hook and I turned my head and said Don't you dare, Mister! I will call the manager!! twoxfour
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/18/12 02:19 PM

Dang, that girl is one smart cookie!! I am going to put a pin in my brassiere! My DH was rubbing my back in the Walmart line and he grabbed my bra hook and I turned my head and said Don't you dare, Mister! I will call the manager!! twoxfour

So Bed, Bath and Beyond is ok, but Walmart is off limits? blush
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/18/12 02:21 PM
[
So Bed, Bath and Beyond is ok, but Walmart is off limits? blush

I don't believe so! crazy
Posted By: markos Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/18/12 02:28 PM

Haha that thrifty Prisca. smile

Yeah, cheap recreation! For her, at least. smile
Posted By: SugarCane Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/18/12 04:14 PM
Prisca should go into business and patent the "hands off" underwear complete with strategic pins, quickly before someone else does! She could make a fortune!
Posted By: markos Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/22/12 04:34 PM
So we're going out again tonight,

and last night I caught Prisca with a handful of five safety pins!!!
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Free UA time ideas - 06/22/12 05:40 PM
So we're going out again tonight,

and last night I caught Prisca with a handful of five safety pins!!!
Better take some cushion shocked
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums