Marriage Builders
Posted By: nell57 My hubby doesnt seem to care - 01/25/15 09:35 PM
My husband has had a heart attack that required surgery. He is on 7 different tablets and his Dr, and cardiologist told him the dangers of drinking on this medication. He has always enjoyed a glass or two of wine at night, but since getting out of hospital hus drinking has gotten out of control. I have tried talking to him about this, gotten literature that explains the dangers, spoken to his Doctors, but still he drinks to excess. I have ramted, raved and screamed at him, not that i am proud of that, but at my wits end. He promises not to drink again, but come evening put comes the wine. I threatened that if he keeps it up i will leave, i dont want to walk away from him, but i dont want to see him keep doing this and i am worried about what it is doing to his health. Any ideas that might help me get through this. I want our marriage to work, i want to be with him, but this is causing major problems in our relationship. Thanks in advance for reading this and help that you may be able to offer.
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: My hubby doesnt seem to care - 01/26/15 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by nell57
My husband has had a heart attack that required surgery. He is on 7 different tablets and his Dr, and cardiologist told him the dangers of drinking on this medication. He has always enjoyed a glass or two of wine at night, but since getting out of hospital hus drinking has gotten out of control. I have tried talking to him about this, gotten literature that explains the dangers, spoken to his Doctors, but still he drinks to excess. I have ramted, raved and screamed at him, not that i am proud of that, but at my wits end. He promises not to drink again, but come evening put comes the wine. I threatened that if he keeps it up i will leave, i dont want to walk away from him, but i dont want to see him keep doing this and i am worried about what it is doing to his health. Any ideas that might help me get through this. I want our marriage to work, i want to be with him, but this is causing major problems in our relationship. Thanks in advance for reading this and help that you may be able to offer.
Will he get into an AA program?

Can you go to an AlAnon meeting? Do they have this in Wales?
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: My hubby doesnt seem to care - 01/26/15 02:16 AM
Please read what Dr. Harley says about alcoholics.

Alcoholic Spouse #1
Posted By: nell57 Re: My hubby doesnt seem to care - 01/26/15 12:02 PM
AA is not for me he declared after attending one meeting.
Todat i have made an appointment to see hus doctor to discuss getting him admitted to a rehab clinic, fingers crossed.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: My hubby doesnt seem to care - 01/26/15 01:33 PM
Todat i have made an appointment to see hus doctor to discuss getting him admitted to a rehab clinic, fingers crossed.

AA is not for anyone who does not want to give up drinking.
Posted By: LearnedTooLate Re: My hubby doesnt seem to care - 01/26/15 03:15 PM

The ONLY requirement for membership, (In AA), is a DESIRE to stop drinking.

LTL
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: My hubby doesnt seem to care - 01/27/15 02:44 AM
What about AlAnon for you?
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums