Marriage Builders
I am a new member, and grasping at straws for help with marriage issue of alcoholic husband who won't admitt he has a problem, feeling like a sinking ship. Does any forum address this issue?
Sorry if I posted in the wrong place, and I will go more indepth if I am at the right place.
Thanks. curlykraut
Hi curlykraut, welcome to Marriage Builders. Unfortunately, we can't help you with an alcoholic husband. My suggestion would be to go to Alanon meetings. They can offer the most help.

If your H does stop drinking we can help you, but there is nothing we can do until that happens.

Curly, Mel is right in saying that Dr. Harley's program does not offer much help to the spouse of an alcoholic. That being said, many of us here are recovering addicts/alcoholics or have been in relationships with addicts/alcoholics.

Your best bet, at this point, would be to find and attend some Al-Anon meetings. There you'll learn some tools to help yourself, not necessarily fix your husband. I can tell you, as a recovering addict, that the only thing I understood while in addiction was cold hard consiquences (sp) that I couldn't lie or manipulate my way out of. Anywho, feel free to keep posting, venting, or whatever and we'll help where we can......
Thanks for your response. curlykraut
See What to do with an Alcoholic Spouse
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi5048a_qa.html
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums