Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2789480 03/17/14 06:28 PM
M
mbdesp Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I discovered 3 months ago that my wife was having an affair. It took about 4 weeks for her to call it off and I know that there is no communication between them. My wife thinks that our marriage was flawed well before the affair and I was not giving her enough attention, which I am willing to fix. She claims that I have not been of support to her in times of need, which again I am keeping an open mind about and will give it all it takes to fix. She also claims that she will be happy living by herself with our 2 year old son as I have provided her with nothing. Currently we spend in the evening with our son, but she would not let me touch or take care of her. I on the other hand desperately need to be comforted and hugged. I am getting ready to seek MC in order to fix our marriage, but don�t want it to lead into a divorce. Am I off in the timing to see a MC? How do I proceed to ensure I don�t mess things up further? Thank you.

mbdesp #2789481 03/17/14 06:38 PM
M
M
Hi mbdesp, welcome to Marriage Builders. IF you will do the legwork, we can walk you through the necessary steps of recovery. The program you should follow is outlined in the book Surviving an Affair and the workbook Five Steps to Romantic Love.

But before that happens, certain things need to be in place. Most importantly is contact between the affairees? Do they EVER see or speak to each other? Does the OM live close by? Do they work together?

Is the OM married? And if so, have you informed his wife? Has the affair been exposed to your families?

Are you married? If so, how long?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2789697 03/18/14 05:29 PM
M
mbdesp Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Contact has been broken between my wife and the single guy she was having an affair with. He has moved away to a different city and I have also monitored activities on several fronts to ascertain that it has happened.

We have been married for 4 years, but we fell in love 6 years ago. For the last year or so, our focus has been our son and each other's career. We would spend less time with ourselves. I am of the opinion that the marriage can be fixed if we make the effort, but my wife feels otherwise. As I had mentioned in my original post, my wife thinks that she is financially and emotionally independent enough to live and raise our son by herself. She has not made an attempt to move out however.

I am now evaluating the timing of MC. Is it going to hurt or help saving our marriage? Desperate and need advice. thanks.

mbdesp #2789705 03/18/14 06:29 PM
M
M
We have found that marriage counseling is usually devastating to marriages when there is an affair. There are a few good counselors, but they are very rare. Most do not know how to save a marriage and will move you right to separation and/or acceptance of divorce.

Dr Harley has a completely different approach in that he takes steps to bust up the affair and save the marriage. It is often very successful. Once the affair is killed, he has a plan to restore the romantic love to the marriage. We can help you do this.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation