Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2885075 07/28/16 09:40 PM
L
OP Offline
L
My husband and I have been married for 15 months. This is a second marriage for both. We were both divorced and single before we met, and both prior relationships did not end due to infidelity.
July 19/16 my stepson passed away (H's son) he was 14, we do not know the cause and are awaiting toxicology - as nothing stood out to the coroner on autopsy. His was was held this past Monday and the funeral Tuesday. On Monday, H had to run back to his mom's to get a dress shirt for the funeral, it had already been an emotionally exhausting day and was late, he left his phone - normally I'd never give it a second glance but it "beeped" and I looked - everything crashed. It was from a woman whom I know off - she is separated from her spouse, I scrolled back as far as I could and read all the "I love you's, I miss you, I wish I was with you" etc, there were also 20 pictures of her in various states of undress.
I texted his friend who had driven him and said to get him to call me - he called, he said "did I forget my phone" I replied "yes, you did and our friend X texted" there was dead silence, all he said was "throw my [censored] in a ag and put it outside".
I through most of what I could find into bags and tossed it, I refused to give him the phone. I texted her and told her she a nasty $&$:$. She called me and told me she had no idea about me, he had told her he was single.
Haven't been able to eat, or sleep I'm numb.

M
M
Hello Libbyhill,

Welcome to Marriage Builders. Terribly sorry to hear all that has happened to you recently.

Are you familiar with the MB concepts and how they can help to save marriages even when there has been infidelity? Dr Harley has a solid, proven plan that can help you recover your marriage if you're willing to try. No one would blame you if you didn't want to try.

I would encourage you to read all you can on this site and if you have any notion of recovering your marriage please get a copy of Surviving an Affair.

Others will be along shortly to help with great advice and provide the support you need to get through this.

Me: 57 Her: 54
M: 31 years
Kids(DS23, DD20, DS18)
E
E
Originally Posted by Libbyhill
My husband and I have been married for 15 months. This is a second marriage for both. We were both divorced and single before we met, and both prior relationships did not end due to infidelity.
July 19/16 my stepson passed away (H's son) he was 14, we do not know the cause and are awaiting toxicology - as nothing stood out to the coroner on autopsy. His was was held this past Monday and the funeral Tuesday. On Monday, H had to run back to his mom's to get a dress shirt for the funeral, it had already been an emotionally exhausting day and was late, he left his phone - normally I'd never give it a second glance but it "beeped" and I looked - everything crashed. It was from a woman whom I know off - she is separated from her spouse, I scrolled back as far as I could and read all the "I love you's, I miss you, I wish I was with you" etc, there were also 20 pictures of her in various states of undress.
I texted his friend who had driven him and said to get him to call me - he called, he said "did I forget my phone" I replied "yes, you did and our friend X texted" there was dead silence, all he said was "throw my [censored] in a ag and put it outside".
I through most of what I could find into bags and tossed it, I refused to give him the phone. I texted her and told her she a nasty $&$:$. She called me and told me she had no idea about me, he had told her he was single.
Haven't been able to eat, or sleep I'm numb.

How are you doing today?

Do you want some advice or have you read more on the site?

Can you write to DR. Harley himself? It is free and he is so kind....

BW-3 Kids
Sep:2014
Divorced

"I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.
I will persist until I succeed." Og Mandino

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation