Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2764333 11/05/13 08:42 AM
D
db65 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi All
New to this and just wanted to say thank you for having me - I am a 37 yo Wife who is a bit lost at the moment. I love my Husband dearly but just feel so unhappy at times and too busy to think at others - quite a complicated back story but we have been together 5 years, last year when we married my adored Dad died 3 days later - struggling to cope with this loss ever since. Don't get me wrong I still work, studying, look after my daughter - service everyones needs but on the inside sometimes feel just a bit empty and lost. A big issue for us is my inability to move on from that time - not just in respect of my Dad's loss but due to what I feel was me being let down by my husband when I needed him most. In many ways I feel he made a bad situation worse and for that I feel my trust in him has diminished. He won't let me talk about it but gets angry and says I am bringing up the past which is true but how do I move on? Build a bridge and get over it as it were?
L

db65 #2764334 11/05/13 08:56 AM
A
A
Did you take any of the great advice you were given prior to your marriage?

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/u...in=166581&Number=2630769#Post2630769

alis #2764337 11/05/13 09:01 AM
D
db65 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thank you for the link - embarrassed to say I didn't - was a dark time and didn't revisit the site. Alot of information there and appreciate your help. L :0)

db65 #2764342 11/05/13 09:14 AM
M
M
So what about now?

Will you take the time to educate yourself on the materials offered for free here?

If not you won't get a lot out of this site or this forum.

The concepts taught on this site provided for free by Dr. Harley are amazing and have had amazing results for thousands of people who've taken the time to implement them.

You've lost faith in your H. If you build an interdependent M using Dr. Harley's principles you will see your H and your M as the rock, the foundation of your life.

Last edited by MrAlias; 11/05/13 09:15 AM.

Me: 57 Her: 54
M: 31 years
Kids(DS23, DD20, DS18)
MrAlias #2764356 11/05/13 10:59 AM
D
db65 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
That sounds amazing and have alot of reading to do. Thank you for your support.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (Mature, 1 invisible), 1,216 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation