Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2578116 12/26/11 02:08 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Good morning all, I've turned to you for help please. My son and daughter(n-law)are currently separated. They have 3 children. Its gotten pretty bad for all involved. I've suggested an intervention and to my surprise they have both agreed to it. I've been praying and asking for guidance and came across this site. How do I facilitate this?

prismatic #2578122 12/26/11 03:01 PM
P
P
Why are they separated? Has there been an affair?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Prisca #2578124 12/26/11 03:09 PM
P
P
1. They should move back in together. They cannot work on their marriage if they are not together.
2. Introduce them to this website. Encourage them to create their own accounts and participate.
3. Buy them "Lovebusters" and "His Needs, Her Needs." Encourage them to work through the program together.
4. The absolute BEST thing you can do for them is provide them with several hours worth of babysitting each week so they can have plenty of Undivided Attention time together. They will need a minimum of 15 hours alone in order for their marriage to recover.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

prismatic #2578125 12/26/11 03:32 PM
M
M
GREAT advice from Prisca! Prismatic, welcome to Marriage Builders. Can you give us more information? What happened? How long married?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
OP Offline
P
Thanks everyone, I'll try to give more info. First of all, I love both of them and I'm frustrated with both of them. I'm quite sure that there has been no affair. They are separated for a number of reasons. I see and hear selfishness and power struggles from each. Such as who controls the money, how to discipline the kids, who does what chores, what church to go to, public schools or home-schooled. The list goes on and on and never gets resolved, just adds more to it. They both are stubborn and prideful, and both of them are hurting, which bothers me greatly. They have been married for 10 yrs. The kids are 7,5,& 2. They are living with my daughter with their mom for a month now. I printed most of the info from this site for each of them and ask them to read it before the intervention.

prismatic #2580104 01/01/12 10:09 PM
B
B
In addition to Prisca's excellent suggestions, can they afford counseling with the Harley's??? Perhaps that, a Marriage Builders weekend or the Marriage Builders Self Study Program?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation