Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
I am a new member, and grasping at straws for help with marriage issue of alcoholic husband who won't admitt he has a problem, feeling like a sinking ship. Does any forum address this issue?
Sorry if I posted in the wrong place, and I will go more indepth if I am at the right place.
Thanks. curlykraut

M
M
Hi curlykraut, welcome to Marriage Builders. Unfortunately, we can't help you with an alcoholic husband. My suggestion would be to go to Alanon meetings. They can offer the most help.

If your H does stop drinking we can help you, but there is nothing we can do until that happens.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
Curly, Mel is right in saying that Dr. Harley's program does not offer much help to the spouse of an alcoholic. That being said, many of us here are recovering addicts/alcoholics or have been in relationships with addicts/alcoholics.

Your best bet, at this point, would be to find and attend some Al-Anon meetings. There you'll learn some tools to help yourself, not necessarily fix your husband. I can tell you, as a recovering addict, that the only thing I understood while in addiction was cold hard consiquences (sp) that I couldn't lie or manipulate my way out of. Anywho, feel free to keep posting, venting, or whatever and we'll help where we can......

Hugz, Thoughtz, & Prayerz

Bill
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks for your response. curlykraut

W
W
See What to do with an Alcoholic Spouse
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi5048a_qa.html

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation