Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
OP Offline
A
Oh no, I wouldn't say his job interferes with our family more than anyone's does. A few months a year he travels alot and works 12 hour days; but the other 9-10 months he's home by 5, has weekends off and can take time off as needed. His company is very family oriented and I wouldn't want him to work anywhere else. Most importantly, he loves his job and that makes me happy.

3rd marriage to an awesome wonderful man since 2008.

3 children from first marriage, ages 16, 18, 20
C
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
anna, to my astonishment, my H's company is the same way!! He works for a huge, multi billion dollar international oil service company. He took out a continental airlines VISA [he gets free air miles] and puts all his business expenses on that. He gets reimbursed in about 2-3 weeks. But he even holds training meetings at hotels and charges up thousands!

This surprised me because my company sure does not operate this way, nor did my last company. I have a corporate AMEX for all my business expenses.

Anna... have you given any thought to ML's solution? Put it on plastic and you don't have to worry about bouncing a check. Have him put in for the reimbursement asap and you shouldn't have to have anything come out of pocket. This is BTW how I handle business expenses where I work (also a huge company with tgons of $$$ but an "issue" with doling our company credit cards. The bonus is that he can get a card with bonus points and use company expenditures to crank up bonus points. Win-win.

A
OP Offline
A
Camper, that is exactly what I'd like to do. The problem is that currently we can't get a credit card because of our past credit problems that we are working our way out of. His house was foreclosed on last year because the renter quit making the payments and we couldn't catch up fast enough; and that ruined his credit. Mine was poor because I ended up with a lot of debt after I got divorced and with 3 kids on a $1,000 a month income I fell behind. We are steadily making progress and have our total debt (house, cars, credit cards, etc.) current and under $40,000 now; but it will take time to get our credit rating up to where we can get new credit.

3rd marriage to an awesome wonderful man since 2008.

3 children from first marriage, ages 16, 18, 20
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,183 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation