Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
Tip for finding more information on Facebook where walls, profiles and photos are protected. Oh, and for the record...I despise FB. Might want to check your own FB account after you read this! If you are not a FB user, this is a good start. If you are FB power-user, skip to #3.

1)Set up a faux FB account and use a BRAND NEW email address like Yahoo. (Note: if you use an existing email account, FB will link that email address to any other email address where an email was exchanged, and �suggest� you AND your faux FB name to anyone you've emailed or anyone who as emailed you = potentially busted.) Got that? Just trust me (lol!), and set up a new email account and never email anyone from it.

2)Set every one of your security preferences to �ONLY ME�. Do this by clicking �customize�, �only me� on each and every question. Some fields only allow �friends�, and that's OK as your only friends will be the one or two local business, and they have no interest in the faux you, and there will be nothing for them to see anyway. Anywhere where you can click �customize�, �only me�...do.

3)Go to OP friends and OP family's friends lists and look for a �retail�-type �friend�. This could be a tanning salon, pet store, local bar, etc. Often small businesses set up regular pages versus �groups� that you would �like�. You want a business that shows up as a �friend� versus a group or application that one would �like�.

4)If and when you find the retail �friend� and click friend request. They will accept you if they have more than 300-ish friends as they are a business and don't care who their FB friends are. Don't request to be friends with a business so small that you'll stand out. (Mary Kay and Avon women often set up FB pages. Not a good choice.)

5)After your friend request has been accepted, revisit the FB pages where you couldn't �see� anything before. You'll be shocked at how much information will suddenly be available as many, MANY people set up security so that it's not public, but yet can be viewed by friends-of-friends. In my neck of the woods there are a lot of local bars that have 1000+ friends, and guess what? Each and every one of those 1000+ friends has now given access to those 1000+ people that allow friends-of-friends to see there information, and I'd guess over half do.

6)Even more so than walls and profiles is that you can suddenly see...photo albums. Somehow locking down photos is a huge oversight for FB users. Major communication happens on photo comments.

Let me give a specific chain of events:

I am BS Jane Hurt.
I set up a faux FB account �John Dozer.�
John Dozer searches WS best friends and family's friends lists and finds a local tanning salon that one of the above is �friends� with.
John Dozer sends a friend request to the tanning salon, and they accept me as a friend.
I, John Dozer go back to WS best friend and family FB pages, and can now view walls, profiles and photos.
NOT all, but certainly some.

Hope this helps and isn't too confusing. Tedious and time consuming at first...but, you'll find more than you have now. That, I guarantee. Did I mention that I hate FB?

T
T
Just to add to yours... I made a fake profile, complete with pictures and then friended the OWs friends first. Look for friends with 300+ friends, they likely play games and will accept anyone.

After I did that, I sent a request to the OW and was accepted. Bang, complete access.

Me: BW
WH 41 (practicing alcoholic)
Married 20 yrs
DS20, DD15, DD9
Too many D-Days to account for, more FRs than I care to admit
NC since 03/11, broken 04/11
NC again 07/11 broken 12/11
Plan D full steam ahead, made WH leave
WH now living with his "soul mate" (we call her donkeychui) 1/13/2012
D filed 01/25/2012
D final 05/15/2012
S
OP Offline
S
Exactly, Tick. 200-300? Hmmm? 300+? Yeppers. Good God, people can be so DUMB.

S
OP Offline
S
BTW, Tick (or should I call you Tink? Wikipedia: "Her dialogue consists of the sounds of a tinkling bell, which is understandable only to those familiar with the language of the fairies.") You are an info-fairy! LOL!

P
P
Thanks for the tutorial Surfer!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
T
T
Originally Posted by Surfer88
BTW, Tick (or should I call you Tink? Wikipedia: "Her dialogue consists of the sounds of a tinkling bell, which is understandable only to those familiar with the language of the fairies.") You are an info-fairy! LOL!

LOL, I'm a geek of sorts, I work in IT so it's been really easy for me to track WH. I just made the frequent mistake of calling him on all I found. It took a while for me to shut my mouth and just compile.

Me: BW
WH 41 (practicing alcoholic)
Married 20 yrs
DS20, DD15, DD9
Too many D-Days to account for, more FRs than I care to admit
NC since 03/11, broken 04/11
NC again 07/11 broken 12/11
Plan D full steam ahead, made WH leave
WH now living with his "soul mate" (we call her donkeychui) 1/13/2012
D filed 01/25/2012
D final 05/15/2012
S
OP Offline
S
You bet, PMeggy! Tink-tock...yeah, you're obvious. LOL! I wish the best for you.

C
C
Surfer88, I have to say thank you for this post. I have pretty much little chance of finding out anything about suspected OW, so have given your suggestion a shot.

And Tickytok, have tried to befriend those that have 300+. Boy will I feel rejected if the one I sent request to that has over 900 refuses!!!

I already have gained access to suspected OW's photos, but not to her wall or friends list. Anyone know a way around this? Or would I have to be a direct friend of hers? Is that too much of a risk, even with fake account? Any advice appreciated, I am a Facebook novice (and up to this point gladly so)!

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
S
OP Offline
S
First, I don't trust FB, so be sure your faux account is locked down with every privacy option as "only me" under "cusomize" settings.

If you can access her pictures, click on each one (not an album) and write down and click on each person who commented on each picture.

Typically, people who comment on pics say things anywhere from "nice picture!" to "great to see you yesterday!" These are people that ARE FB friends of OW, and MAY be personal friends and family. Go to THEIR (those who commented) "friends lists" and look for common last names, who is family, etc.

Either write down or screenshot the people who comment as people often lock down their pages, forget about pics, and then someone points it's out to them or they get a random comment from a "non-friend" , and then they lock down pics. Make note before that happens.

The reason I say to lock down your own page is just my own paranoia as I don't believe FB is secure. Which is why I hate it...but that's going to be my tagline I guess! smile!

Maybe that will help?

D
D
Dear Surfer88,
I am Diabwilly and my story is on the Surviving an affair. I am advised to do a bit a snooping to find out what really is going on with my wife. She keeps her password to her email account very secret. Fortunately she is using the laptop of one of my sons to surf and post her photos on FB. I have already set up a false email account and a false FB account. So far I do not know how to get further information on people she is in contact with on FB or to see with whom she is chatting unless I request to be friend with her. To get her email account password I will install first the free desktopshark and see if it works. I hope the results will be sent automatically to me by email. Am i right?

I will check with you if I get problems

Diabwilly

M
M
Diabilly, it is a good idea to go to the desktopshark website and find out how it works. Another one that does send email reports is eblaster, but it costs $100. That one is at spectorpro.com

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Hi, I'm new to this website, and am trying your FB thing, but with the new FB pages, it's hard to go exactly as planned, I know the OW last name, but how can I find her family and friends, she is tech savvy and has everything, except her wall, locked

M
M
Originally Posted by scaredtolosehim
Hi, I'm new to this website, and am trying your FB thing, but with the new FB pages, it's hard to go exactly as planned, I know the OW last name, but how can I find her family and friends, she is tech savvy and has everything, except her wall, locked

Try and find one of her family members and look up their family members. Another way is to see if you can find family members through peoplefinder.com

Can you see the names of any her family and friends on her wall?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
No, but I'm pretty sure her maiden name is used as her last name. I will try peoplefinder.com. Didn't think of that, thanks

S
S
I mean her maiden name is used as her middle name,

S
S
I was able to see some names, I think her exhusband, his current wife, and possibly the father of her son. I found 1 name to match her "middle" name of FB, but how can I build my friends list so as not to look suspicious? I subscribed to the same stuff she did, not sure if that will help

M
M
Originally Posted by scaredtolosehim
I was able to see some names, I think her exhusband, his current wife, and possibly the father of her son. I found 1 name to match her "middle" name of FB, but how can I build my friends list so as not to look suspicious? I subscribed to the same stuff she did, not sure if that will help

I am confused what you mean by building a "friends" list? All you have to do is find out the names of her family and friends and make a list in a WORD doc. What is the purpose of subsribing to the same things?

If oyu can find her son, then you can probably find the OW's parents because he will have his grandparents, aunts, uncles.

Exposure 101

S
S
I don't know just thought maybe that would help me access her profile. I have found the last name that belongs to her son, but he is 4 and doesn't have a FB of his own.

T
T
FB help,

How do you completely eliminate a FB profile? I can not find a Delete button....??

I want to rid myself and WW of FB, but how is that possible? I read somewhere that it is not possible, once on FB always on FB.

Me (BH): 42
Her (WS): 39
Married 19 yrs
DD: 16, DD: 11, DD: 7
D-Day: 7-5-2011, Caught searching 10-15-2012
M
M
Originally Posted by TexasTwoStep
FB help,

How do you completely eliminate a FB profile? I can not find a Delete button....??

I want to rid myself and WW of FB, but how is that possible? I read somewhere that it is not possible, once on FB always on FB.
Here you go, Tex. Cancel Facebook Make sure you follow all the steps. Also: do NOT check your account for at least two weeks after you've cancelled. If you attempt to log in (to see if it 'worked') you will reactivate your account. Facebook doesn't make it easy to quit because your profile is valuable advertising space for them.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation