Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
Did any of you watch today's live pop concert from outside Buckingham Palace? There were a few of your countrymen involved!

pokerface, the orchestra placed "I vow to thee my country" which is part of Holst's Planets Suite (I don't know it's proper name) at the end. I love that movement. It is very...moving.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
P
P

We lived there for 7 years after we got married. A small market town exactly between Oxford and Swindon. My youngest was born in a cottage hospital that had been turned into a home for pensioners with a maternity unit upstairs. The mid wives told me that I could scream and yell out anything I wanted because no one would "hear" me.

rotflmao

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

S
S
Originally Posted by pokerface
We lived there for 7 years after we got married. A small market town exactly between Oxford and Swindon.
That is in some of the most beautiful countryside in England. Go on, admit it; even when it rained it was pretty!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
PS: A home for pensioners with a maternity unit upstairs?

I've heard some things about the NHS, but that takes the cake!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
P
P
Originally Posted by SugarCane
PS: A home for pensioners with a maternity unit upstairs?

I've heard some things about the NHS, but that takes the cake!

It is 100% true and a lovely place at that.

I miss the triple rainbows the most. I have never seen rainbows like the ones in the UK. When the sun came out it was the greenest green I have ever seen. Beautiful.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

S
S
We get a lot of rainbows, because even when the sun shines ...it's raining!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
OP Offline
M
Soo .. glad summer is here. Cant wait to get out and do more of THIS (see below). We have 2 summer trips planned. My landlord owns an ocean side cabin and asked us if we would like to stay at it for a week. So of course we said YES! I will post a pic of it later! We have been before .. the master bedroom is right up agasint the retainer wall. You can feel the mist from the waves when they splash against it at high tide when the window is open.

[Linked Image from i48.tinypic.com]
(this is my camping/hunting rig!) --^

C
C
This is where we had dinner last night:[Linked Image from i48.tinypic.com]

And this is where we are going camping next weekend: [Linked Image from i46.tinypic.com]

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
C
C
wow, that is a huge pic. laugh

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
M
OP Offline
M
CWMI .. thats gorgeous! I'm Jealous!.. and as for the camping spot.. can you hunt there? stickout I try and go camping ONLY where i can hunt .. (this way i can scout for hunting season! which is soon! .. IM sooo excited!)

C
C
It's Hunting Island, SC. So...maybe? All I know is that the deer will walk right up to you and eat out of your hand. It's an awesome place to camp. Probably a pretty easy place to kill a deer with your bare hands, lol.

(Oscar Wilde)
M
OP Offline
M
Well .. I am back from holidays. Feeling refreshed and have a much clearer head now than a few weeks ago. Anyhow .. MY holidays were great .. fantastic UA time. Here is a small sample of our adventures while i was gone.

[Linked Image from i45.tinypic.com]
(above) - This is a photo of the cabin we stayed at for our week long holiday taken from the pier about 4 houses over. Its the brown and white one with the yellow boat in front of it.

[Linked Image from i50.tinypic.com]
(above) - we caught fresh crabs every day. Had them with lunch and dinner at every meal. THey were DELICIOUS! Used the yellow boat and crab traps provided at the cabin to help us catch the crabs. MY wife and son decided to have some crab wars. This is a pic of a few of the crabs we caught.

(above) here is a pic of us sitting in the yard of the cabin. My daughter did a photobomb and popped in just as it took the pic. haha .. i love my family. What a fanatastic time we had. Had a few rough moments where we almost sunk the boat in the rough wind one afternoon collecting the crabs .. got a bit testy as we took on water .. but managed to keep our cool and recovered quickly. Other than that ... pretty much every EN was met in large volumes! Love banks nice and full! ... well over threshold. smile smile cant wait to go back next year hopefully (not often we get the cabin 2 years in a row .. but i can always hope since accomodations is free when we go .. just have to pay for food and travel to get there).

MNG smile

p.s. How has your holidays been this summer?

M
M
MNG, I am so totally jonesing for crab. What a great vacation!Love the pics!

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
OP Offline
M
Hey! Had a FANTASTIC Family commitment time with my Daughter last weekend!... My daughter and I had a successful hunt ... BIGGEST DEER EVER ! My daughter was carrying my 30/06 and couldnt get a shot off because she was not ready. She yelled at me to "Just F'N SHOOT IT!" .. as she struggled to get the gun off her shoulder in time as the deer was taking off. I had my Dads spare 300 win mag up and on the deer and KABOOM.. click click .. KABOOM! I ended up shooting it twice because it didnt react to my first shot to give me any indication that i hit it Turns out i hit it 2x My daughter did a fantastic job helping us gut and clean the deer. SHe held the legs ... and the chest cavity open for us as we cleared out all the end trails..... JUSt waiting for the meat processor to get a hold me of to come pick it up. YUMM .. pepperoni ... ground meat ... and steaks ... Maybe a roast or two .. and a few tenderloin steaks!

(the images dont fit the window so you have to scroll them to the right and left to see the entire pic)

(Below)Me and my Daughter posing with our harvested 4x3 mule deer (in the states thats a 7 point but in canada its a 4x3 as we only count one side)
(warning)

(Below)My daughter and my dad sitting next to the deer for a size comparison. My dad weighs aprox 260lbs so you can imagine how much that deer weighs. 300+

(warning)
[Linked Image from i46.tinypic.com]

We go again at the end of October for a longer trip .. hopefully bag a few more! Looking forward to a full freezer this year.

K
K
Hey, this will probably make Mrs. MNG feel great, here goes... I gotta know...

Which one in that picture was your daughter?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
V
V
Lovely photos!

We just spent 3 days in Charleston with one of my best friends and her hubby. It was wonderful and they model the kind of marriage I hope to have after 17 years together.

No photos to be had from the weekend sadly. frown

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Hey, this will probably make Mrs. MNG feel great, here goes... I gotta know...

Which one in that picture was your daughter?

Which pic? ... I will guess lol.

HAHA ... yeah .. my daughter and wife are pretty much the same size now .. its scary!

Originally Posted by MrNiceGuy

In this pic .. my daughter is the one with her head tilted to the side behind us.

Originally Posted by HopefulNC
Lovely photos!

We just spent 3 days in Charleston with one of my best friends and her hubby. It was wonderful and they model the kind of marriage I hope to have after 17 years together.

No photos to be had from the weekend sadly. frown

Thanks! Its great to hear of peoples awesome weekends. Too bad no pics!

Last edited by MrNiceGuy; 09/24/12 11:29 AM.
M
OP Offline
M
Well ... HAve a great weekend everyone. I am off on a 9 day weekend ... going to a wedding this saturday and leaving for hunting on monday til next saturday or sunday with my DD14. Yes my wife is enthusiastic about me hunting .. smile puts meat in the freezer and i take dd14 away from her so she can get a break from the teenager attitude. Not to mention it bonds me and DD14 and gets her away from all these SCREENS and TVs ..etc. I cant wait til DS8 is able to come hunting too..

Wish us luck! Going for an Elk (has to be a 6 point on one side) a Moose (has to be a immature bull with no pans on its head) and a Doe Deer that is pretty much a guarentee. Prolly post a pic or 2 when i get back ... Hope to see/hear of more peoples awesome weekends.

Edit to say DD1 14 is a HUGE fan of Hungar games .. and constantly compares herself to the main character in that book/film and thinks she could do better than her. lol ..

MNG

Last edited by MrNiceGuy; 10/19/12 03:40 PM.
M
M
Take care, MNG! I hope you have a great time.

As for the Hunger Games .. check my description in the left sidebar.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
OP Offline
M
HAHA .... nice LOC markos!

I am back! ... check this out!
[Linked Image from i49.tinypic.com]

My daughter and I tracked this big Mule Buck for 3 days in the cold and snow... we ended up with 3 deer in total .. but this one takes the cake! it weighed in at 235lbs at the butcher.. and over 300 on the hoof. smile So proud of my daughter and how she helped and how we spend quality time together. Cant wait for my son to be old enough to participate.

MNG

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (Mature, 1 invisible), 1,216 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation