Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
OP Offline
E
Thank you to everyone. One of the stipulations of my staying if the child is his is no drinking the other is counseling. He needs it just as much as I do. I wholly recognize that I am in an emotionally abusive relationship with my husband. He doesn't realize it. He struggles with the war a lot and things were very good since pregnancy up to dday.

I know he is still incredibly hurt by the A so his regular emotions are amplified. He told me last night it will be a very hard road for me if it is my son because in addition to everything else that is wrong with me (everything that is wrong with out marriage is my fault according to my H) he also has to have the A in the back of his mind forever.

I have been neglecting my household duties this week out of pure misery I guess. He said he would have thought I would have been doing tenfold to make it up to him. I really have no idea where this is going, or if I should stay or go. I'm sure his friends and family aren't putting any positive ideas in his head. I'll keep everyone posted. I will probably wait to know the results eithe way.

J
J
Originally Posted by 20YearHistory
EF-

You have received some wonderful advice here. I however am going to go at this at a little different angle. This is in no means trying to contradict the advice you have been given as this is solely your choice what to do on every front. Stay or go, AA or not etc.

Taking a big step back, I see two terribly tormented people whom under the right circumstances would like to continue their lives together. Many bad mistakes on both sides.

From the sound of things, your H�s perspective is going to be greatly influenced by the paternity test. I can certainly understand this. Also, I can relate to a certain degree about PTSD from the war. Post Dday of my W�s A, I experienced many of the same symptoms of those with PTSD. It creates an environment in which all range of emotions are felt nearly every hour of every day. I understand how unstable this makes someone, most likely you�re H.

Not making excuses for your H's drinking - totally his choice. What I am saying that he is obviously highly unstable right now. He is dealing with his own demons beyond the A's. And also taking on other people�s problems if he is getting calls from friends contemplating Suicide.

All this adds up to massive amounts of instability. He isn�t thinking clearly.

Possibly all of this has motivated him to drink. Doesn't make it right at all. However, understanding what is behind the curtain of his drinking could help you better make your decisions for yourself.

If you read what Dr. Harley writes about jump starting R, he suggests the couple go away on a long trip to reconnect. If the results come back that indeed the child is his, what do you think about a long vacation together?

It might serve several purposes. First, I honestly think he is going to be elated that the child is his and I am going to make a prediction he might just want to be close to you. Second, getting away maybe this would be the opportunity to spend QUALITY time one-on-one with him and he may not feel compelled to drink giving him a platform to think about quitting drinking or at least getting away from it for a while.

On the other hand, if they child isn�t his, it sounds like he is limiting the possibilities with you.

The point I want to emphasize is that UA time is absolutely the most critical aspect of the MB plan. You have been advised on many great things here.

Something in me just thinks that if the child is his and you are able to JUST GET AWAY for a while and re-connect again things might take a change for the better and start to fall in love again.

I am not saying I don�t recognize you have many issues to solve. Not in the least. I do understand how UA time can turn the tide. MB has opened your eyes to the extent of your problems and a roadmap to try to correct them.

You have many difficult decisions to make. However it goes I wish you the best.

The MB Program will not work if they are both alcoholics.
Her husband needs to attend AA meetings and she needs to attend AA and AlAnon meetings. So far she is just trying to control everything herself, like her husband.

B
B
EF,

Did you find out the DNA results? Wasn't that supposed to happen Wed?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
I wholly recognize that I am in an emotionally abusive relationship with my husband. He doesn't realize it. He struggles with the war a lot and things were very good since pregnancy up to dday.
I'm confused. Why do you feel you're in an emotionally abusive relationship? Why haven't you left this emotionally abusive relationship?

I suspect that there were things that could have been improved in your marriage. I doubt they were so horrid that you were being emotionally abused. If they had been, you would have left. But you didn't, did you. Especially since you have admitted that "things were very good since pregnancy up to dday." aka: since you screwed around on him and got pregnant, and he found out.
You are attempting to lay the responsibility for your infidelity at your husband's feet. Sorry, it doesn't belong there. It's all on YOU.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 430 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation