Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
OP Offline
L
I want to order the 5 Steps to Romantic Love workbook...do we each need our own or just one for both of us?

B
B
Originally Posted by LolaLove
I want to order the 5 Steps to Romantic Love workbook...do we each need our own or just one for both of us?
It has sets of his and her questionnaires in each book. So you only need the one.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

BrainHurts #2806340 06/10/14 09:29 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Have been very frustrated with H this past week. I was away last weekend for 4 days and when I came back got very little attention from him. I have told him a few times in the past few days that I need more from him and I was tired of being last on his priority list. Last night we had another "discussion". He told me he is unable to make the kind of commitment that I need from him. I then told him he needs to leave if that is true. He said, "OK I'll leave." This morning he was sweet and kind.

I want to write him a "last chance" letter speaking my heart to him but I don't know what is important to say. I don't want it to be full of DJ's--I feel like he owes me but I know I shouldn't say that. Can anyone help me with this? I am really at the end of my rope considering everything that has gone on these past few years, but I want him to know that I don't want to give up.

LolaLove #2812047 07/26/14 11:17 AM
L
OP Offline
L
I have read so many threads here where people didn't do what they were told but of course I thought my situation was different and I could skip steps. I am not trying to be dramatic, but I am terrified of what I have to do next.

Basically, I figured out yesterday that WH still has feelings for the OW in spite of how many times he told me he didn't. I have been monitoring their contact very closely and it has been minimal (a work-related email here and there), but recently I saw what looked like a few more personal emails (her asking if she could get his input on something,him asking how she's doing) and yesterday I just happened to check his "where's my iphone" and saw that he was at her work place for about 1/2 hour. Then I saw a text to his best friend basically saying that he and OW were not alone when he went there--his friend's reply was "shoot". So clearly the two of them (WH and his friend) had talked about him going there to see her.

WH also continues in other SSL patterns...i.e. not telling me he had a day off yesterday, meeting female friends for drinks, etc., etc.

Here is my question...can I hand him the list of EPs, ask him to send the NC letter, and make the online program a requirement and if he refuses to do any of those tell him he has to move out?

I know what I have to do, I'm just not sure what the process is at this point.

LolaLove #2812048 07/26/14 11:32 AM
B
B
Has the affair been properly exposed? That's the first step.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

BrainHurts #2812050 07/26/14 12:28 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

No...I guess I don't know how to do that at this point because it is really not still an affair. What would I tell people other than "they're talking to each other"? Wouldn't it be really easy for him to say "we're just friends"?

LolaLove #2812051 07/26/14 01:14 PM
B
B

No...I guess I don't know how to do that at this point because it is really not still an affair. What would I tell people other than "they're talking to each other"? Wouldn't it be really easy for him to say "we're just friends"?
All waywards say "their just friends".

Is this the same woman he had the affair with or is this a new OW?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

BrainHurts #2812062 07/26/14 09:23 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Is this the same woman he had the affair with or is this a new OW?

Yes...same one.

LolaLove #2812063 07/26/14 10:00 PM
P
P
1. You need to properly expose the affair. If they are still in contact, it is STILL an affair. It is no surprise at all that he still has feelings for her.

2. All contact must cease. He must find a new job. You will never recover as long as contact continues. Contact keeps the affair alive.

3. Make Marriage Builders a requirement for recovery.

If he refuses any of this, kick him out and go to Plan B.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

LolaLove #2812065 07/26/14 11:10 PM
J
J
I have read so many threads here where people didn't do what they were told but of course I thought my situation was different and I could skip steps. I am not trying to be dramatic, but I am terrified of what I have to do next.

Basically, I figured out yesterday that WH still has feelings for the OW in spite of how many times he told me he didn't. I have been monitoring their contact very closely and it has been minimal (a work-related email here and there), but recently I saw what looked like a few more personal emails (her asking if she could get his input on something,him asking how she's doing) and yesterday I just happened to check his "where's my iphone" and saw that he was at her work place for about 1/2 hour. Then I saw a text to his best friend basically saying that he and OW were not alone when he went there--his friend's reply was "shoot". So clearly the two of them (WH and his friend) had talked about him going there to see her.

WH also continues in other SSL patterns...i.e. not telling me he had a day off yesterday, meeting female friends for drinks, etc., etc.

Here is my question...can I hand him the list of EPs, ask him to send the NC letter, and make the online program a requirement and if he refuses to do any of those tell him he has to move out?

I know what I have to do, I'm just not sure what the process is at this point.

Yes! You should demand that he ends this affair and if he refuses then enter Plan B.

J
J

At this stage, I dont think the workbook would help you.
The only book you should be studying is Surviving an Affair by Dr. Willard Harley.
Also, listen to his Radio Show daily (if you arent already a daily listener)

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
At this stage, I dont think the workbook would help you.
The only book you should be studying is Surviving an Affair by Dr. Willard Harley.
Also, listen to his Radio Show daily (if you arent already a daily listener)

The workbook has been sitting on my dresser since I ordered it...now I know why.

I agree I really need to read SAA...I started it awhile back, but thought we were moving beyond that.

I do try to listen to the show daily.

Prisca #2812078 07/27/14 08:20 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by Prisca
If they are still in contact, it is STILL an affair.

I am not arguing with you at all...just trying to get things clear in my head. What defines it as an affair? What if she has no feelings for him but he is just pursuing her, trying to rekindle it? I believe it was this time last year when they started their affair so it makes sense that he is being "triggered" now.

Prisca #2812080 07/27/14 08:25 AM
L
OP Offline
L
He must find a new job.

They do not actually work together.

LolaLove #2812081 07/27/14 08:29 AM
B
B
If they are still in contact, it is STILL an affair.

I am not arguing with you at all...just trying to get things clear in my head. What defines it as an affair? What if she has no feelings for him but he is just pursuing her, trying to rekindle it? I believe it was this time last year when they started their affair so it makes sense that he is being "triggered" now.
Have you read this?

Recovery After an Affair

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

BrainHurts #2812082 07/27/14 08:30 AM
B
B
When will you be exposing? You have skipped this very important step and that is why this affair has never ended.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

LolaLove #2812083 07/27/14 08:31 AM
B
B
He must find a new job.

They do not actually work together.
No, but they continue to have contact and they met through his job.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation