Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
OP Offline
L
I showed him the list for exposure 101 and we are talking about it now. I'm close to giving up

ladymenefunien
L
OP Offline
L
In my country its not easy to find people. I don't know his first name and the woman doesn't carry his last name because they are not married legally since she's still married to her ex. My husband told me he knew about the affair but that was during the third time I discovered it. I know he thinks up until this point it has ended. I want to believe it has ended for them now after the email was sent but without full transparency being part of the exposure 101 list I don't know if I can last that long.

ladymenefunien
B
B
Originally Posted by ladymenefunien
I showed him the list for exposure 101 and we are talking about it now. I'm close to giving up
You don't tell your WH about exposure. You expose. Do you know anyone else on OW's side to expose to?

Your WH doesn't call the shots. You do.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
OP Offline
L
No I don't know anyone from the side of OW. Yes I know I should be calling the shots. But now I can't seem to make any headway. I think I'm the only one who wants to rebuild our marriage. I am really contemplating of giving up.

ladymenefunien
L
OP Offline
L
Thanks for saying that no one deserves this pain. I have been carrying the weight of believing that I deserve this pain because I hurt him 4 years ago. Plus he also brings it up everytime we dight. I just am so confused, hurt, insecure and vunerable. If it wasn't for our son, I could've killed kyslef by now

ladymenefunien
L
OP Offline
L
Believe me jediknight qhen I say that I want to follow what is on the program listed on surviving an affair. I did most of what was in there after I cheated on him 4 years ago. My husband did admit to the therapist that he suddenly trusted me one morning because I did those and more. Now that it is his turn he doesn't want to do all of the same things in the list because

ladymenefunien
L
OP Offline
L
Because I don't know. I'm so tired.

ladymenefunien
B
B
Do you want to save your marriage?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
OP Offline
L
Yes I do BH. That's why I feel I'm the only one working on it. It is tiring and painful but I am doing it. But I feel like I am staring at a blank wall.

ladymenefunien
B
B
Yes I do BH. That's why I feel I'm the only one working on it. It is tiring and painful but I am doing it. But I feel like I am staring at a blank wall.
We understand it's hard.

That's why the first thing you need to do to fight for your marriage is to expose his affair.

Did you look for OW on Facebook?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

L
OP Offline
L
Yes I did. Of course her account is restricted but its there. I don't think jer husband is in the friend's list

ladymenefunien
J
J
Believe me jediknight qhen I say that I want to follow what is on the program listed on surviving an affair. I did most of what was in there after I cheated on him 4 years ago. My husband did admit to the therapist that he suddenly trusted me one morning because I did those and more. Now that it is his turn he doesn't want to do all of the same things in the list because

....because he is in love with the other woman.

She is meeting his emotional needs and he loves her. The longer you sit on your hands, the more in love they will be.

You need to expose the affair to family and friends and her family and friends. I would also send an exposure letter to the gym since that is where they meet daily.

Then, you need to try to be as pleasant as possible while avoiding love busters such as disrespectful judgments, angry outbursts and demands.

TODAY, You need to prepare for exposure. Get a list of exposure targets and save them in a safe place. Then use one of the exposure letters posted on this website.

When you have your list ready come back here for further instructions.

You need to act, because sitting on your hands or crying and wondering about what to do will not save your marriage.

L
OP Offline
L
Yes I know he's in love with the other woman. I want to expose to our families but he is not close to his family. Actually where I am from our culture on cheating is shameful and should be kept hidden. I made a little progress though. He will give me the access I wanted on his email and phone which are his means of communicating with her.

ladymenefunien
L
OP Offline
L
One thing I hate is that he keeps bringing back what I did as something he couldn't wrap his head around. That it is something unimaginable. I feel the same way more so because he knows how much it hurts. He even told me he would never do such a thing and look where we are now.

ladymenefunien
J
J
Yes I know he's in love with the other woman. I want to expose to our families but he is not close to his family. Actually where I am from our culture on cheating is shameful and should be kept hidden. I made a little progress though. He will give me the access I wanted on his email and phone which are his means of communicating with her.

He will create a new email and get another phone

J
J
Yes I know he's in love with the other woman. I want to expose to our families but he is not close to his family. Actually where I am from our culture on cheating is shameful and should be kept hidden.

Dr. Harley encourages exposure.
We can only offer you Dr. Harley's advice. if you refuse to follow it, your marriage will not recover.

J
J
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight

....because he is in love with the other woman.

She is meeting his emotional needs and he loves her. The longer you sit on your hands, the more in love they will be.

You need to expose the affair to family and friends and her family and friends. I would also send an exposure letter to the gym since that is where they meet daily.

Then, you need to try to be as pleasant as possible while avoiding love busters such as disrespectful judgments, angry outbursts and demands.

TODAY, You need to prepare for exposure. Get a list of exposure targets and save them in a safe place. Then use one of the exposure letters posted on this website.

When you have your list ready come back here for further instructions.

You need to act, because sitting on your hands or crying and wondering about what to do will not save your marriage.

Disregard the post I made above about exposing to the gym owner; I had your case confused with another poster's case

L
L
He has too much pride.
Hmm, not so much. Choosing to have an affair does not show pride. Sounds like he would be too embarrassed.

Me 52
WW 52
Together 25 years
Legally married 08/08/08
DD23
DS21
D-Day June 2011
Separated June 2013 (WW moved in with OW)
Plan B October 2013
I filed for D 12/11/14
B
B
Yes I did. Of course her account is restricted but its there. I don't think jer husband is in the friend's list
Then you need to expose to her list and state that you are trying to contact her husband so you can inform him.

When you send the exposure template add:

I am trying to reach her husband so he can be informed. If you know how to contact him please have him contact me at xxx-xxx-xxx.

When will you be exposing?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,051 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline, Mike69
71,835 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation