Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
J
J
Sounds like you're going against the advice of many and deciding on Plan A.

I just don't see Plan A working out for you.

I'd bounce.

M
OP Offline
M
How to Plan B at home?

BH(me)-46, FWW-43, DS-12, DD-14
A- 6-25-05 'til 5-06...Was Recovered! Back at it on 8/14
ME!!!!!!
Thread #1
Thread #2
S
S
Originally Posted by Mywifeilove
How to Plan B at home?
You can't Plan B at home, and I suspect you're hoping to find a way to do this simply as another form of conflict avoidance. You don't want to face up to the affair and you hope it will just go away.

Indeed it might simply die within two years. Most affairs do. Be honest with us: would you prefer to wait this out and let the affair take its course, rather than leave your wife?

Could you answer my question about seeing a lawyer last week?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
How to Plan B at home?

That is an oxymoron.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
My rights are minimal in NY. I'll look further into it.

ME!!!!!!
Thread #1
Thread #2
M
OP Offline
M
My wife may be monitoring this board so I may lay low for awhile.

ME!!!!!!
Thread #1
Thread #2
S
S
Did you see a lawyer as you stated last week?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M

BTW...OM is long distance and New York is one of, if not the toughest state when it comes to relocating with kids out of state. As long as you are connected to the children in any meaningful way (which I presume you are and have been fro years)...she can NEVER move to wherever OM is. NY courts may not even let her move out of the county.

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
J
J
How to Plan B at home?

Your posts dont make any sense.
You really need to separate from her and get your head clear so you can focus.

T
T
MyWife,

Sorry to burst your bubble, but based on your posts the last few days I think you're giving people here a short-sell -I,e., your short, convenient answers give me the feeling you did not expose at all. Why would you devote a post about 'her veins just popped out of her neck' instead of telling what discussions took place after exposure and where you guys are at.

Look, people here are very willing to help you, and I realize you may be panicked, but unless you grasp the MB plan here and the advice and give straight answers you're going to continue to flounder.

Tom

M
OP Offline
M
I did expose, and she took off to her sister's for the night afterward...ie I struck paydirt on the affair target. Now it's been a week or so, and exposure has done nothing....my WW is now not undressing in front of me, and is "uncomfortable" with me around the house...and is sending me emails regarding how "I'm" making the kids uncomfortable.

Giving up the dream home that we've built is not acceptable to me at this time, ie divorcing her. I just treat her like she's not there. It sucks but the alternative is a family split, with neither of us able to afford a "home" by ourselves, probably big lawyer fees, and our kids sharing time with their parents in apartments....low end price range.

ME!!!!!!
Thread #1
Thread #2
M
OP Offline
M
I am completely stuck, for now....now if she gets "desperate" to flee, maybe she'll make a deal so that I'd be able to keep the home....right now she has herself positioned to have her cake and eat mine too.

ME!!!!!!
Thread #1
Thread #2
B
B
You are not stuck...you choose to stay for finances and the kids. While that it understandable to a degree, it is still a choice you make and it will cost you in other ways. If you choose to live like this, the only thing I can advise is getting on ADs because you likely need them to tolerate a life like this.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
S
S
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Did you see a lawyer as you stated last week?

IGNORED.

Several times.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
my WW is now not undressing in front of me, and is "uncomfortable" with me around the house...and is sending me emails regarding how "I'm" making the kids uncomfortable.

Wouldn't surprise in at all to find out that your WW has already seen a lawyer and planning for D herself. Sounds like she's already setting things up to demonize you.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S
Giving up the dream home that we've built is not acceptable to me at this time, ie divorcing her. I just treat her like she's not there. It sucks but the alternative is a family split, with neither of us able to afford a "home" by ourselves, probably big lawyer fees, and our kids sharing time with their parents in apartments....low end price range.

It kind of ticks me off when posters spout this kind of stuff.

Divorce is a transition and is not easy for ANYBODY who makes that decision. Many posters here (several who have posted to you) have gone through it and we would tell you it was the best decision we made for ourselves and our children despite the financial hardships and other challenges (having to move, court battles, etc).

Having a deathgrip on a WS to avoid moving when it is going to negatively impact your health and be confusing and detrimental to your children so that you don't lose your "dream house" is absurd if you ask me. And yes, I was faced with losing my dream house (built in 2007) as well. It wasn't a factor for me.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S
I am completely stuck, for now....now if she gets "desperate" to flee, maybe she'll make a deal so that I'd be able to keep the home....right now she has herself positioned to have her cake and eat mine too.

She is about as cold and calculating as a WW can get and I have been reading here for a long time. She will not strike a deal with you because she is desperate to flee. This is the kind of WW who will be calling the police and telling them that you assaulted/threatened her in order to get you out of the house. Sounds like she is already working that angle.

I say this as kindly as I can, but wake up and let go of Plan HOPE. Make an appt to see a lawyer, like, yesterday.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
J
J
Isn't a "low end" apartment and splitting time with the kids better than living with your cereal cheating, uncaring wife?

Call an attorney.

M
M
Here's a thought...

Has she been poisoning your food????

A serial cheating wayward wife with an OM who lives across the country that she can't really be with unless she moves out west who talks to an attorney that tells her New York is a very hard state to petition to relocate with kids in a divorce situation. What's she to do but maybe eliminate the living problem or make you crazy enough in the process to get the courts to agree to whatever she wants to do???

I know this is far out speculation but who'd have thought she'd be having another affair. It appears this is who she is and she's capable of anything when it comes to getting what she wants at YOUR expense.

Staying with her to keep a peaceful home is actually a terrible thing to model for your children. Would you want or advise YOUR very own children to do the same one day if they were to find themselves in your position. No you wouldn't. So why model if for them? Why teach them that being abused is OK as long as everyone else is happy and not inconvenienced???

In my opinion, you need to take a strong stand to remove this woman from you life. IF she comes begging back and ready to address her issues and weaknesses MAYBE you could consider reconciliation. But Plan A is not healthy for you anymore. Nor is Plan A something you need to model for the kids. Two strikes and the marriage is over. If she wants to try to save it...then send her to us and we'll talk about it with her.

Godspeed friend.

Mr. W

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
J
J

Sir,
At this very moment there are people fighting and dying far away in Ukraine. Why? Because as a people, they want the right to determine their own destiny. They could have chosen to continue to have their destiny written by a foreign government but they instead chose to stand up and fight for a real life. America chose a similar course of action in 1776.

You have chosen to remain paralyzed through fear of the future and consequences of divorcing her. Like an abused wife that is afraid to leave her husband for fear of the outside world, you remain in this terrible marriage and house.

She is committing an evil sin by committing this adultery; However, you are also committing a sin and evil choice in remaining and choosing this abuse. It is evil to willingly choose death over life, and that is what you are doing.

Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ian T, 1 invisible), 1,016 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation