Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6
Well the past few days have been great. We have been getting along, and I've been trying to treat her like a goddess, without being clingy. No talk about d has been brought up. I hope this might be the start of the road to recovery. I talked to her about ad's last night, and she wants nothing to do with them, says she doesn't feel like she needs them.

Sir, Recovery can not start until she agrees to permanently end all contact with the other men and write a No Contact letter

B
B
Have you listened to these? Anger Management 101

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
The d has been put on hold. Nc letters were sent via text, right before her number was changed. I actually found out what happened from last week, she told me today last week he called my sil. Well she told her sister to tell him it is over, and if he calls her agian she doesn't care to know. Today my wife told me she is ready to move foward, and start repairing our marriage.

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
The d has been put on hold. Nc letters were sent via text, right before her number was changed. I actually found out what happened from last week, she told me today last week he called my sil. Well she told her sister to tell him it is over, and if he calls her agian she doesn't care to know. Today my wife told me she is ready to move foward, and start repairing our marriage.
Is SIL a friend to your marriage? How does he have SIL's number?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
He stole the number from his wife's phone, sil was friends with her too.
I thought she was a friend to our marriage, I believe she still is.

I
I
I would be happier if your SiL had told him to go jump off a pier and then informed you instead of telling her sister. That is what I would to someone trying to draw my sister into adultery.

However if she agrees to your wife's request I guess you could put her on probation and see how supportive she is of recovery going forward.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

N
N
Originally Posted by Jo6
Today my wife told me she is ready to move foward, and start repairing our marriage.

I'm so happy to hear that. I hope that she is serious.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
First off, I would like to say thank you all, for your help.
Second, all has been well for now. Her depressive state is slowly but surly going away, with my help of listening, when she needs an ear. I'm trying my best to be understanding, and that is a big help. We are working on creating a happy, healthy marriage, and still have a long bumpy road ahead of us.

If I can give anybody in this situation some advice, I will tell you, if you truly want it, don't give up. I didn't, even though there were times I felt like it. There is always hope. I never would have thought 3 weeks ago, that I would be where I am now in my marriage, and in our recovery. Listen to the advice everybody gives you on here, it helped save my marriage for now.
I will be back, checking in, and I'm sure looking for advice. Thanks for everything.

Last edited by Jo6; 09/01/14 05:27 PM.
J
J
The best thing you could do for your marriage is a vacation.
Can you and your wife go away for a couple weeks?

I
IAL Offline
I
Has there been any updates????? Feel like I am about to embark on the exact same Germany. Right now my WW wants nothing to do with me and Im afraid by the time I get home its going to be worse.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,084 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation