Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
M
Originally Posted by Jo6
What I did get out of her last night, is I'm sorry that you are hurt so bad over this. But I'm sorry, I just don't love you anymore. Yes I agree that those 8 months were the best we had, and I did have feeling from it, but I wasn't 100% there. I took a look at my life, and realized I am only going to be 30 years old, and I don't picture myself with you when I am 80. I love you, but I don't love you like a wife should love a husband.
That is all affair fog babble. In recovery, the above turns into "I have no idea why I said that. I was just messed up."

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
G
G
Check out the forum on thus site called Operation Investgate. There are numerous ways to snoop. Start with a PI if you can. The fact your wife is worried she has as spyware tells you something. Do you know your wife's login to her phone? You should be able to figure it out.

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

"Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one...It will not be broken, it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable...The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from dangers and perturbations of love is Hell" c.s. lewis
G
G

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

"Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one...It will not be broken, it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable...The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from dangers and perturbations of love is Hell" c.s. lewis
B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
L
Originally Posted by graceful2b

Check out that thread discussing http://www.teensafe.com/

LTL

B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
S
Originally Posted by Jo6
Everything I looked for says the iPhone needs to be jail broken, and that's not an option.
And I ask if it's traceable because she was having problems with the phone a few weeks ago, and she googled what was going with it, and said all the symptoms were the same that they would be if the phone had spy ware on it, and she accused me of putting it on there. So she said she was going to have it checked from the phone store.
So a logger/spyware is already in her head.

You realize that this is already in her head because she is an affair, right?

I don't get the sense reading your postings that you understand that there is absolutely no "repairing" anything until you kill the affair.

I would stop trying to convince her to work on the marriage or argue with her about what she said 8 mos ago, etc. Just follow Plan A - you are working on the marriage regardless of what she says, you are being pleasant calm avoiding lovebusters, marriage talk while you QUIETLY get evidence of the affair. Which should be doable especially ifif you stop badgering her about marital issues. This is just lovebusting for both of you and keeping her on guard.

In addition to spyware, you can also set up a VAR in her car and any room in the house where you think she will use the phone if you and the kids leave her alone for a few hours.

If you are unwilling/unable to do these things then the best thing to do is skip all of that and just hire a PI as others have suggested.

Last edited by SusieQ; 07/15/14 09:35 AM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
I
I
Originally Posted by mrEureka
Originally Posted by Jo6
What I did get out of her last night, is I'm sorry that you are hurt so bad over this. But I'm sorry, I just don't love you anymore. Yes I agree that those 8 months were the best we had, and I did have feeling from it, but I wasn't 100% there. I took a look at my life, and realized I am only going to be 30 years old, and I don't picture myself with you when I am 80. I love you, but I don't love you like a wife should love a husband.
That is all affair fog babble. In recovery, the above turns into "I have no idea why I said that. I was just messed up."

x2. The reason you are depressed is because you are listening to her drunk rambling nonsense.

It will hurt if you believe her. Don't.

We have heard all of this word for word from other wayward wives. Once they are out of the affair they do not even REMEMBER saying this stuff. Ignore it and snoop.

Last edited by indiegirl; 07/15/14 11:47 AM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

T
T
You are getting perfect advice and need to open your eyes. The same fog babble script your WW is giving you has been heard on this board hundreds of times. I have heard the same thing from my fWW and I have seen 30-40 threads over the past 8 months with the same script.

SHE IS IN AN AFFAIR, I can almost guarantee it. Get 2 VAR's (voice activated recorder) and put one in her car (stick it under a seat) and hide one in a room in your house that you notice your WW takes her phone.

Don't listen to anything she says, she is in the throws of addiction right now and everything she says is like a drunk babbling or a drug addict. They say anything and everything to get left alone so they can continue their addiction.

A
A
I am not an expert on MB like many others here but I wanted to share some thoughts given my recent experience with my husband.

I trusted my husband fully. I shouldn't have. He had a 4 year affair with an ex when he became on happy with life in general.

I felt happy and loved. My husband continued to be attentive and loving.

I didn't think my husband had time to have an affair. Mostly electronic communication though they spent a few days together each year. He managed this by lying about his whereabouts. He used common situations to explain his activities. He said he was spending the night with a friend who was having a gathering at his cabin (which he has done before) and going boarding at the local mountain. He actually went to that mountain (with her) and spent the night at a lodge w her. So he had pictures from the mountain, reports on the weather, etc. He kept his lies as close to the truth as possible.

My husband became an excellent liar and covered his tracks. He deleted threads online, removed her from Facebook and then established a secret email account, he made sure to close out the account so it was never in the browser and never downloaded the app, stopped for few minutes on his way home (said he was running an errand) to talk to her.

My husband did not end it on his own. I found out and then he had to come clean. Even then he didn't admit the extent. I had to seek the info myself.

My point is, even a busy person can manage to squeeze in an affair and can cover it up. An affair can last even with little physical contact.

Last edited by April78; 07/15/14 03:35 PM.
A
A
(Check her Internet browser history on her phone. Of course, even that can be deleted.)

S
S
t/j April, I bumped your thread. Please respond to posts and update. Thanks.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Tee safe is out of the question, I don't know the password, and can't ask, she will know something's up then, dead giveaway.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
And something I've noticed, this started about 2 weeks ago, she cringes away when I touch her, even if it's to lend a helping hand. And it wasn't like that before that, I was giving her massages with no question before that.

G
G
How do you plan to snoop?

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I have no idea, my heart is telling me not to, my brain is telling me to. I kind of don't want to know if it's true or not, because if it's not, and I get caught, I'll look like an [censored]. I've been trying to figure out a way, to walk around it softly. I guess if I decide to, it will be var, but I don't think there is a hidden phone, I would have found it by now.

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
I have no idea, my heart is telling me not to, my brain is telling me to. I kind of don't want to know if it's true or not, because if it's not, and I get caught, I'll look like an [censored]. I've been trying to figure out a way, to walk around it softly. I guess if I decide to, it will be var, but I don't think there is a hidden phone, I would have found it by now.
Can you hire a PI?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Depends on cost I suppose.

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
Depends on cost I suppose.
Will you call and find out? Private Investigators

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

T
T
Why are scared of getting caught snooping? If you do simply say we are married and we should have transparency. If there is an objection, then you know why.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 493 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation