Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
B
Originally Posted by how_to_believe
Yes he is doing all the EP that are needed. He has been really great with trying to meet my EN. This old affair is from years in the past but he did lie about it when I asked if there was anything that happened with this W. I had asked about this when we were talking about the recent affair.

Now I wish I would had just left it in the past. You are right that I just brought it to the present and now I am hurting again even though he is trying is best to follow the program.

I guess at this point I am not following the program. I need to stay in the present. For some reason I just needed to know about this one person. Now I want to unknow....
Was/is the OW married?

Are all avenues that allowed his affair been closed?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

H
H
I'm very sorry for this blow to your heart, mind and understanding of your marriage.

You have pointed out that your husband has changed his work e-mail, work phone etc. Did he put down his facebook page? Just blocking someone leaves the possibility of contact via another alias open. Did you change your home phone number?

Be sure to include a question about if he ever inappropriatly kissed, touched, contacted any other person during your relationship that you would like to know about. You can post the question here to review the wording. He is obviously hiding things and it is very concerning that he passed the polygraph regardless. Polygraphs are not bad, but there is a reason that they are not used in European law inforcement.
You may want to speak to the person performing the polygraph in advance.

me, DH
all the children
H
OP Offline
H
The OW that I just found out about is not married but has a live in boyfriend of many years. This inappropriate kissing and touching happened more than 10 years ago. I asked my FWH about her again because I remembered feeling like there was something going on back then. When I had him take the polygragh recently, I had the question about...Were there any other affairs. I wish I would have worded it differently like..inappropriate kissing and touching.

When I recently asked him again about it, he did confess to the inappropriate behavior. He said he wanted to be transparent and open and honest like the program says. He felt like he just didn't want to hurt me further with this old information. He said it was wrong and he was very sorry to hurt me again.

H
OP Offline
H
All venues that lead to this affair have been closed. New place of work, close email acct, new phone number and facebook has been closed for over a year.

I am thinking about telling the person who did the polygragh about the lie not being caught. It cost a lot of money to ask those questions. I would think there would have been some sort of deception caught from the lie.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation