Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 68 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 67 68
P
OP Offline
P
Hi BrainHurts,

My self-care is OK at best. Since I got laid off, I am trying to look for jobs, deal with these legal issues and potentially move. I also have to watch money because of the lay-off.

However, I am going to church and hanging out with friends as much as possible. I also managed to potty train my kid, which is great! I kept feeling bad about that, but it was impossible with my WH flittering in and out of my life.

I am spending Thanksgiving with my mom, daughter and some of old-lady friends from church (I love them) It should be a good time. I am planning on spending Christmas in SoCal with my Dad.

Yeah, his waywardness is strange. He is sort of half coming out of it, I think; although I try not to think too deeply about it.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
B
B
Originally Posted by PigletWiglet
Hi BrainHurts,

My self-care is OK at best. Since I got laid off, I am trying to look for jobs, deal with these legal issues and potentially move. I also have to watch money because of the lay-off.

However, I am going to church and hanging out with friends as much as possible. I also managed to potty train my kid, which is great! I kept feeling bad about that, but it was impossible with my WH flittering in and out of my life.

I am spending Thanksgiving with my mom, daughter and some of old-lady friends from church (I love them) It should be a good time. I am planning on spending Christmas in SoCal with my Dad.

Yeah, his waywardness is strange. He is sort of half coming out of it, I think; although I try not to think too deeply about it.

Fantastic!! Enjoy your time!!

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

P
OP Offline
P
He figured out how to message me today. Time to change my number, I guess. I'm so tired. I just need to move on.

I
I
Yes change your number! This whole time you were waiting for this. Seek freedom from those traps!

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

P
OP Offline
P
Yeah.

My dad apparently put a message on his FB today stating "you would not be in this situation if you had not cheated on your wife" after he posted something about missing his daughter.

P
OP Offline
P
My dad should just ignore him, but I can't say that I don't agree with the sentiment.

L
L
Ugh. Sorry to hear this is so hard.

Don't know what to say about your Dad, except it seems that social disapproval is a huge part of exposure. Having people be blunt about waywardness is good. But telling you about it right now might not be good. You need peace and not to get sucked in right now.

B
B
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Yes change your number! This whole time you were waiting for this. Seek freedom from those traps!
When will you be changing your number?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
Yeah.

My dad apparently put a message on his FB today stating "you would not be in this situation if you had not cheated on your wife" after he posted something about missing his daughter.

Love it!! awesome

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
OP Offline
P
My number will be changed on Monday afternoon after I talk to the Harleys. =) Actually, I could probably do it this weekend and just send Joyce the new number.

M
M
My dad should just ignore him, but I can't say that I don't agree with the sentiment.

It's great for your dad to put such pressure on him - but when you are in Plan B he shouldn't talk to you about him.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
P
OP Offline
P
My dad didn't tell me. WH got through my phone block and sent me a text about it. I didn't answer. I just deleted it and blocked the number he sent it from.

I called my dad and we had a good laugh about it though. My dad hasn't said anything until now to him. My brother and a few others sent him emails/texts, etc when I was doing exposure a month or so ago (I met him through my brother's college Christian Fellowship, so he is particularly aghast). In any case, I guess pops couldn't contain himself anymore because he keeps posting pathetic things about missing our daughter. Of course, he doesn't have to miss our daughter...he doesn't have to be wayward. He chooses to be. He is choosing his misery...and my dad decided to point that out. Thankful for pops!

P
OP Offline
P
WH just told my IM that he would let us move to Southern California and that he would follow sometime in 2015.

I'll be talking to Dr. Harley tomorrow about what to do next.

B
B
WH just told my IM that he would let us move to Southern California and that he would follow sometime in 2015.

I'll be talking to Dr. Harley tomorrow about what to do next.
Let us know what he says.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Yeah.

Love it!! awesome

dance2

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
B
WH just told my IM that he would let us move to Southern California

**fingers crossed for you**

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
I
I
Originally Posted by black_raven
[quote=MelodyLane][quote=PigletWiglet]Yeah.

Excellent!

Last edited by indiegirl; 12/01/14 11:19 AM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

P
OP Offline
P
Hi All,

I hope you enjoyed my call today. My WH sent my lawyer the property agreement. The property stuff is mostly fine, but he also added this stuff:

"Additionally, on good faith, PigletWiglet will:
1. Not file for divorce until after August 1, 2015, should she choose to divorce.
2. Should PigletWiglet find employment with an insurance offering, WH will be included in that package but must reimburse **** for his share of cost.
3. Not block WH's phone calls, Skype account, texts, or email addresses. Additionally, PigletWiglet will inform WH of any and all email and phone number changes. PigletWiglet will also get a new phone and phone number by the end of the first week of December and inform WH by text from said new number so that he can cancel her old number.

It is my full intent to get my [censored] together, launch my writing career and find a job in the OC/LA area that will allow me to be an active participant in my child's weekly, if not daily, life. I am still open to the possibility of reconciliation with my wife.

The above are the changes to the outline that need to be in any legal documents. Said documents will be reviewed by legal council. I understand that some of these agreements are in good faith and cannot be upheld in court, while some can.

I hope to God I'm not going to get stabbed in the back."

I like he is scared of being "stabbed in the back." We wouldn't want that to happen, would we?... Waywards. OH GEEZ. Anyway, I don't want to agree to not file for divorce and/or talk to him. That would be crazy. I am SO MUCH BETTER now that I don't talk to him.

** Moderator note: edited to remove names

B
B
I would't worry about it. You can still file for separation and probably even divorce...he can try to sue you lol...good luck with that!! Same with talking or not blockingt him. There is a ton of ways to avoid all that and continue to Plan B him. I would just go along with it to get moved. The whole thing is stupid and not enforceable. He already admits that so don't worry about it. Get the agreement done and MOVE!

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

B
B
Edit the names out.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Page 23 of 68 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 67 68

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 1,091 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation