Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2821721 09/29/14 11:58 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I typically post in the marriage builders 101. I don't know if I need to start my story over.

But in short. Things not changing, needs not being met, tired of fighting, tired of being lonely, I'm just flat out drained and unhappy. I told my husband after fighting over just wanting him home and he grudgingly did but avoided me. We don't talk so I really don't know why I even fight to have him home.

So I told him I'm done and want a divorce. That was last Friday. He left for work Wednesday. We hadn't spoke a word since I said that. Well he's not suppose to come home and be gone for 2 weeks. I figured I'd stay home while he's away at work and when his days off come I can stay at my cousins till he goes back. At least until things are straightened out. Well he keeps coming home. He called me this morning. The first time we spoke in over a week. He called to see if I was awake. I been in a deep depression over this and stressed out. I ended up falling asleep. I woke up to a text from him saying "you still want a divorce?" Then "hello" because I was asleep and didn't get the message right away. I texted back "it's a hard decision but yes". Well then he showed up again tonight. He just comes home, looks around, eats and goes to sleep. I'd leave but I'd have to wake up and drive back around 4 am when he leaves. My cousin lives about 30 minutes from me.

I just don't know what to do. Is he not getting it?
In the past when I left he did this and would cry and I'd feel guilty and stay. But I don't want to go through that again. Seems like we'd work on things for that week and back into the same routine. Never fix the underlying issues.

With him constantly coming home I can't focus or clear my thoughts and try to move on.

J.R.
J
J
You have been posting here for two years but consistently refuse to follow Dr. Harley's methods.
Are you willing to change or are you just here to blog?

S
OP Offline
S
Well. I came here for advice. We tried to work on things and move on. Obviously it didn't work. I am leaving this time for sure. I need to seek legal advice as soon as I can because from what I've read legally no matter what Dr Harvey says you cannot just walk out. If I lock him out of our home and refuse to let him in then that affects the kids.

Came here for help on my journey.

***edit****

Last edited by JustUss; 09/30/14 05:44 AM. Reason: disrespectful

J.R.
I
I
That's nonsense. If he is to be in your home around the children he has to model the behaviour of a good husband; else he teaches them bad marital habits. So do you by showing endurance of it.

You say Dr H has no legal experience in separations but he has been doing this for decades. I locked my husband out of the house and nobody died.

My lawyer said she couldn't advise anything about that because it is not a legal matter.

Therefore his lawyer could do nothing.

Its an excuse to keep him around. The fact is making a stand for a caring marriage and nothing less is hard and you can't be bothered.

As to the lock out; There's no law says you can but there is also no law says you can't. No lawyer will be able to pave the way and give you a spine on that matter.

Last edited by indiegirl; 09/30/14 06:15 PM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

P
P
�I locked my husband out of the house and nobody died.
Same here. Same for countless other women.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation