Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 66 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 65 66
P
P
Hey, I want to consult with MelodyLane...how does one do that?!

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
B
B
Originally Posted by PigletWiglet
You can notify the MODS and ask them to send her your email address.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
Originally Posted by PigletWiglet

PW, the posters here are giving you great advice and I assure you I could do no better since all the advice we give comes from Dr Harley. I don't consult with anyone off board. In this case, I am just helping jwpurple's IM navigate some difficult emails from her H.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
I am in need of some encouragement today. I have been feeling pretty hopeless since WH sent the message about divorce. I am worried that I will not be able to save my marriage and will be doomed to lonliness or a second marriage with low statistical chance of working. Can you veterans please tell me that you have seen waywards like mine come back? Or that you have seen BSs survive this and go on to be happy and fulfilled?

Me BW
Married 18 years before D-day
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
D-day - 10/14/14 Plan B - 11/30/14
P
P
jkwpurple, just letting you know I'm pulling for you. I'll be keeping you in my prayers, as I do with others on the forum. I'm going through some pretty dark days myself. I just have to think that at some point there will be better days ahead for us betrayed spouses. This situation can't last forever. At some point there will be happiness again - whether it is reconciliation with our wayward spouses or perhaps a new life, who knows.

DDay - July 25, 2013
DDay #2 - January 27, 2014
DDay #3 - June 29, 2014
BS - Me, 39
WW - Her, 36
5 kids
Married 17 yrs.
M
M
Originally Posted by jkwpurple
I am in need of some encouragement today. I have been feeling pretty hopeless since WH sent the message about divorce. I am worried that I will not be able to save my marriage and will be doomed to lonliness or a second marriage with low statistical chance of working. Can you veterans please tell me that you have seen waywards like mine come back? Or that you have seen BSs survive this and go on to be happy and fulfilled?

jw, I have seen both outcomes. We have many people over the years who are divorced and are very, very happy. I know it is distressing, but I want to assure you that you will be fine in the future. Your husbands comments about divorce [and I have seen them] does not make me hopeless in the least. He is looking for a fast, quickie divorce so he can facilitate his affair. All you have to do is not cooperate and make it extremely difficult for him. He is going to get a HUGE WAKE UP call when he consults a lawyer and sees he is a major disadvantage. The only way he can succeed in his divorce plan is if you help him.

I view the divorce talk as just part of the process and don't believe for a minute that it makes your situation hopeless. Hang in there!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
Pius, I'm so sorry to hear you're in the same situation. And you're right, of course. Things can only get better.

Melody, thank you for saying that. I really appreciate the encouragement and the fact that you still see hope for my marriage.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
What a day. My IM let WH know that if he wanted me to rearrange my schedule so he could take the kids at 11 on Fridays rather than 9:30, he would need to let me know why. He didn't respond to her at all. She sent him that same message twice then a third time letting him know that if she hadn't heard from him by 10:00 last night then I would assume he'd pick them up at 9:30 and if he was more than 30 minutes late he forfeited the visit. No response whatsoever. I had the kids ready at 9:30. At 10:15 I loaded the kids up and took them to the science center for the day. My 4yo was still asking to go to his dad's at bedtime. Sigh.

I never ever would have thought that he would hurt his kids to spite anyone. I never would have thought that he would not show up for them.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
Ok, he did show up...at 11 like he wanted even though he had been told that if he wasn't there by 10 he forfeited the visit. He told my IM that h would be able to do 9:30 again soon,but for now has a conflict and wants to know if he can pick them up at 11 until he gets it resolved. He still refuses to say why he needs this accommodation from me.

I told my IM nope, not without a reason. Now, WH is sure that all of this is coming from my IM and she is "not neutral"- she thinks I may need to find a new IM so he won't have this to hold over me.

Who in the world is going to be neutral about this? I have no idea who I could ask that he would not think is against him.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M
Ok, he did show up...at 11 like he wanted even though he had been told that if he wasn't there by 10 he forfeited the visit. He told my IM that h would be able to do 9:30 again soon,but for now has a conflict and wants to know if he can pick them up at 11 until he gets it resolved. He still refuses to say why he needs this accommodation from me.

I told my IM nope, not without a reason.

JW, I would not insist on getting the reason. Why die on that hill since it makes no difference?

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
I guess I'm just mad that he wants me to rearrange my schedule on a whim and won't give me any reason.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
I don't want him to just say jump and expect me to unquestioningly say how high.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
I have started this. How can I not follow through?

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M
I guess I'm just mad that he wants me to rearrange my schedule on a whim and won't give me any reason.

I would just make that point. Just have your IM say that it is very hard on you and the kids to make these constant changes. Say you would be willing to change to a regular time of XXX but you cannot continue to change the visitation on a whim.

Also, is he getting DAILY visitation? That seems to be over the top because that puts you in daily contact. That is not typical at all, especially with a little baby. How often is he asking for visitation?

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
No, his schedule is Tuesday evening he gets the older kids at 5pm and keeps them overnight. He picks the baby up at 9:30 on Wednesday morning, brings them all home at 2. Then Fridays 9:30-2.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M
No, his schedule is Tuesday evening he gets the older kids at 5pm and keeps them overnight. He picks the baby up at 9:30 on Wednesday morning, brings them all home at 2. Then Fridays 9:30-2.

Ok, and he is wanting to change the 9:30 pick up to 11?

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
What do advise about my IM? She is really concerned that WH is going to be more difficult just to spite her.

Last edited by jkwpurple; 01/17/15 12:01 PM. Reason: typo

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M
What do advise about my IM? She is really concerned that WH is going to be more difficult just to spite her.

I wouldn't get too concerned about that. Most waywards are spiteful and I can help her.

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Ok, and he is wanting to change the 9:30 pick up to 11?

Yes, he wants 11-4. I let him know that the baby can't do that schedule now, because it would span two feedings and would throw her (and me) off schedule for the rest of the day. I told him that he could be accommodated if he had a need to be, but he would have to respond or I would expect him at 9:30 as we had agreed. He did not respond to 3 such messages, then did not show up at 9:30.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
This morning he has said that he will be able to do 9:30 again soon but for now has a conflict, that he flat refuses to say what it is.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
Page 38 of 66 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 335 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation