Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
M
The only thing I know 100% is that she brings him lunch/coffees and that he has confided in her that we are separated.

huh? When did you separate??

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
J
Originally Posted by confusedteacher
Daughters know age appropriate details.

What do you call age appropriate details?
Do they know that their father committed adultery and is a serial adulterer?

M
M
I also filed for divorce when I hadn't for the last 14 years of this sick cycle/drama because of this situation. That's a HUGE step for me. None of the affairs/neglect/mistreatment/trauma made me file but finding out he told this 16 year old we were separated did.

divorce is on hold!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T
The divorce is filed but he hasn't been served yet. My lawyer is waiting for my go ahead.

I'm just stuck....

So which is it? You are waiting on revisions from lawyer or your
lawyer is waiting for your go ahead?

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)
H
H
We understand that your life is in shambles right now. But the only thing that will help you out of this mess is appropriate action. Waffling has brought you nowhere. Regretfully, your husband is of the bolder type. He knows what he wants and tries to get it. Even if there are problems, even if it's a 16-year-old to stoke his ego. Let's hope that's all she strokes.

Your 13-year-old has been kept in the dark long enough about what is going on in her life. Age appropriate does not mean �Mommy and daddy are having some difficulties dear�. She will not take it lightly, that her dad is prying on girls her own age, but she will survive and can be a big influence on him.

Your husband is having the time of his life. A happy family and a bachelor's existence on the side. Who could ask for more? I would think that being married to an intelligent woman like you would come at a somewhat higher price, but hey, who am I?

If you don't let him have it and let him fall hard, he will sink deeper and deeper into the swamp of despicable and illegal behaviour. Honestly, I don't care how you do it, and it might not even be your legal obligation. HOWEVER you have a moral obligation to protect this girl and it might involve an anonymous phone call to the child protection agency. That may be all there is to it.

You are 41, you can still start over. If you wait another 10 years your opportunities will be more limited. Have him served. You can always stall later, but take the plunge for heaven's sake.

What have you got to lose? A husband? You don't even have one, because he sure doesn't care about your feelings. A father for the children? He will have no choice then to continue to be their father anyway. How would you like your daughter to be so subservient to her boyfriend who cheated on her as you are to your husband?

Please stop torturing yourself with this man. You cannot save him. He will have to change and you have not given him a reason yet.

me, DH
all the children
S
S
Originally Posted by SusieQ
Daughters know age appropriate details.

What have they been told?

Can you answer this, please?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
What the heck is WRONG with me?

You CHOSE not to change. You don't address and resolve problems.

I understand you feel attacked but I hope you will think long and hard about what ML has said to you.

This is not normal behavior, confused.

I hope you will stay here and answer questions and not leave the forum until some of these issues are resolved.... I am really worried about your girls.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 788 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation