Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2826555 10/31/14 09:02 AM
H
OP Offline
H
I posted here years ago- I had a 6 week EA, nothing PA, never met the man in person. DH has made the last almost 9 years since my EA very hard, up until the last year or so bringing it up often. I am transparent- he doesn't care- "who knows how many secret emails you have/phones you have/etc.) I let him know where I am and call even if I'm only going to be a few minutes later than planned.

So...

Randomly looking at the phone bill, saw dh (wdh?)had used a lot more minutes that I had- so looked at the billing and found one number that he's talked to a lot- some very long conversations for a guy who doesn't talk on the phone a lot. I did some research and found a name- looked at dh's phone and her number is in there under a male's name. The calls are sporadic, no pattern that I can discern, and sometimes a week or more between calls. No texts, he doesn't text.

I can't find her on facebook, I did do an Intellius lookup, but I know who it is now from dh's phone anyway.

Is this enough proof to "confront" him with?

I'm the FWW EA 2/06-3/06 NC 3/06 BH still not sure
B
B
Who is the OW?

Have you read the exposure thread?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

H
OP Offline
H
I don't know who she is, I had never heard her name before. I tried to look her up on facebook, but there isn't someone by her name that is plausible.

This is not my first rodeo, I know how exposure works, but didn't know if the evidence I have with all the phone calls and her name in his phone under a male name is enough.

M
M
Originally Posted by howtoheal
Is this enough proof to "confront" him with?

That is not proof of anything other than some phone calls.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
OP Offline
H
Yes, but hours of phone calls- almost 5 hours one month, with 50 minute long calls sometimes. He is ~not~ a phone talker. Also, her name is in his phone under a male's name- hiding something? Why do that if it's legitimate?

B
B
Go out and buy two VARs (voice activated recorder), and hide one in his car, and another one somewhere in your home where you know that he talks on the phone. I would start there and see where it leads.

Trust your gut and keep snooping, but It is possible that he is speaking to a man�both of our cell phones are in my name, so my name would come up on someone's caller ID even though it is hubby's phone.

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
S
S
Yes, but hours of phone calls- almost 5 hours one month, with 50 minute long calls sometimes. He is ~not~ a phone talker. Also, her name is in his phone under a male's name- hiding something? Why do that if it's legitimate?
We're not suggesting this is legitimate. We think you are quite right and this is an affair. However, your question was not whether this could be an affair but "do I have enough proof?" - and we're saying no, not yet.

However, it should be easy to get proof. You can do two things right away.

The first is to download a keylogger onto the PC or laptop that he uses. This will show you every keystroke on his computer and you can see whether he emails her as well, and find out her name from that. You need to pay for the download secretly and do not let him see the credit card bill when it comes in. If you have joint bills and he checks them all, buy a pre-paid debit card with cash and use that.

The second is to get a small digital voice recorder and hide it in the place from which he is likely to make secret phone calls. This could be his home office, garden shed or, most likely, his car. Can you tell from the timing of the phone calls where he must have been when he made them? Bug that place. Again, you have to pay for this device using a method that he won't discover.

The forum Operation Investigate has lots of recommendations for spying and devices.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
H
OP Offline
H
Blindsighted- I called the number twice (my friends called for me from phones that don't have my area code)- and one got a woman's voice mail and one she actually answered. Also, this is the name that dh programmed into the phone, not a caller ID one. So 99.9% sure it's a woman.

I can do the spyware and var.

Thing is, I pretty much don't care. After all he's put me though over the years, if he is cheating on me (he says, "Oh, I would never do that, you're the one who cheats in our marriage"), I say, let her have him. I sure don't want him. I feel like I should just tell him I know, tell him to get out and file for D.

Last edited by howtoheal; 10/31/14 11:48 AM.

G
G
howtoheal,

Was the OM you had phone sex ever exposed to his wife or so?

A man can be kept in a state of non-recovery for a long time when the W is still protecting the OM.

God Bless
Gamma

L
L
Originally Posted by Gamma
howtoheal,

A man can be kept in a state of non-recovery for a long time when the W is still protecting the OM.

God Bless
Gamma

Do you know more than what the OP posted?

I guess I missed the part about her having phone sex. I did see her admit to an EA with some POSOM, but that doesn't automatically translate to phone sex.

I feel that jumping to conclusions could prevent someone from requesting additional help for their current situation.

But, beside the stated transparency you say, what other EP's, (Extraordinary Precautions), have been put in place since your EA?

Those EP's would serve both spouses well to protect your marriage.

Do you know the list of EP's?

LTL

Last edited by LearnedTooLate; 10/31/14 01:46 PM.
S
S
Originally Posted by LearnedTooLate
Originally Posted by Gamma
howtoheal,

God Bless
Gamma

Do you know more than what the OP posted?

I guess I missed the part about her having phone sex. I did see her admit to an EA with some POSOM, but that doesn't automatically translate to phone sex.

I feel that jumping to conclusions could prevent someone from requesting additional help for their current situation.

But, beside the stated transparency you say, what other EP's, (Extraordinary Precautions), have been put in place since your EA?

Those EP's would serve both spouses well to protect your marriage.

Do you know the list of EP's?

LTL
There answers to these questions are on the several threads this poster has started and abandoned.

She had phone sex with an old boyfriend that she did not meet up with while having the phone sex affair. The affair lasted about a month and took place more than 7 years ago. OM was single. You asked her that, Gamma, on one of her threads and she answered it.

She came here in 2007 because after the affair her husband abused and punished her by demanding her enthusiastic participation in sexual acts that she found disgusting and repellant. He threatened her with divorce if she did not participate. He did this on a frequent and regular basis, and he was still doing it, frequently, three years after the affair.

More than one person suspected that he might be having a revenge affair and advised her to snoop, and everybody, except a few posters who sympathised with his feelings of humiliation, told her to separate from him. There were several posts citing Dr Harley's article with a letter from a wife whose husband was punishing her for her affair 10 years after the event.

Sadly, this poster has never taken MB advice to remove herself from this abuse.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
L
L
Thanks for the detailed clarification.

I thought she was a brand new poster. My mistake.

I hope she finally listens now.

LTL

S
S
Originally Posted by LearnedTooLate
Thanks for the detailed clarification.

I thought she was a brand new poster. My mistake.

I hope she finally listens now.

LTL
Click on her name and read her posts, selecting "topics created". It makes sad reading.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
B
B
Blindsighted- I called the number twice (my friends called for me from phones that don't have my area code)- and one got a woman's voice mail and one she actually answered. Also, this is the name that dh programmed into the phone, not a caller ID one. So 99.9% sure it's a woman.

I can do the spyware and var.

Thing is, I pretty much don't care. After all he's put me though over the years, if he is cheating on me (he says, "Oh, I would never do that, you're the one who cheats in our marriage"), I say, let her have him. I sure don't want him. I feel like I should just tell him I know, tell him to get out and file for D.
Yes, it sounds like an affair. But you'll need to keep snooping so that you have solid proof. DO NOT confront him or ask him about the phone calls. Just be yourself as much as possible.

If you tell him right now that you know, he may just make excuses and take things underground. Snoop as fast as you can, and find actual proof so that you can come here and get help with how to proceed.

You have a child, correct?

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
H
OP Offline
H
Well, this rehashing of my past is pretty interesting. I agree, sad reading.

The woman is a dog handler that handles our champion. Plausible explanation, we hashed it out, he said he won't call her anymore.

And as frustrated as I was when I posted Friday, he really has changed, the sex stuff has completely stopped years ago.

I still installed a keylogger, and have a var on order. I know just where to put it to catch him if there is anything underground.

Blindsighted, we have 2 children together.

Sugarcane, my EA (and yes, unfortunately, phone sex) was NOT with an old boyfriend. I have never met this person irl. Yes, he was single.

DH did not want to expose, I actually exposed to my parents (kid #1 was only 1, kid #2 not born, so they weren't exposed to). OM lived thousands of miles away. I fully confessed to my clergy.

EP's in place as far as they can be with no MB buy in from dh.

HTH

S
S
Sugarcane, my EA (and yes, unfortunately, phone sex) was NOT with an old boyfriend.

Well she got the information from your own post.

First, I am the WW- well, FWW (F means former, right- not forever???) I had an EA with an old old old boyfriend, who is far far away.

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/u...in=145931&Number=1943156#Post1943156

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
Originally Posted by SusieQ
Well she got the information from your own post.

First, I am the WW- well, FWW (F means former, right- not forever???) I had an EA with an old old old boyfriend, who is far far away.

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/u...in=145931&Number=1943156#Post1943156
Perhaps the "old old old" boyfriend was significantly older than you?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
H
OP Offline
H
I looked at that post- super weird! I think at that time I was posting under a different user name. some things are spot on in that post, some are not- like, I don't have a sister in CA, and my parents are both alive. I wonder if two users got mixed up? Who knows. I wouldn't have lied here- no reason too, and I was done with lying anyways.

No matter- keylogger is in place, var coming, if there's something I'll find it.

My EA is over and done and there's nothing more I can do EP wise that I'm not already doing.

Last edited by howtoheal; 11/04/14 09:00 AM. Reason: clarity

B
B
I looked at that post- super weird! I think at that time I was posting under a different user name. some things are spot on in that post, some are not- like, I don't have a sister in CA, and my parents are both alive. I wonder if two users got mixed up? Who knows. I wouldn't have lied here- no reason too, and I was done with lying anyways.

No matter- keylogger is in place, var coming, if there's something I'll find it.

My EA is over and done and there's nothing more I can do EP wise that I'm not already doing.
I'm confused. Are you saying that there is another poster with your username and posting "similar" stories?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
L
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

I'm confused. Are you saying that there is another poster with your username and posting "similar" stories?

And they would have to have the exact same Password too.

LTL

H
OP Offline
H
I don't know what the deal is. However, OM was not an old boyfriend. My parents are both living and I don't have a sister in CA.

But that was long ago. My EA was in February 2006, over in March 2006, and exposed. My EP's are in place. It's a non-issue.

The advice for this thread was to gather intel, and I have the items in place for that. So far nothing weird on keylogger, nothing untoward on var hidden in car. I'll keep watching.

HTH

G
G
HowToHeal,

So I'll discount everything you posted before these recent postings as unreliable.

Was there ever a downside for OM in all of this did your BH ever go after him or expose OM to OMs family, church or workplace. Did your BH ever speak with OM to confirm your story.?

God Bless
Gamma

P
P
Sadly, this poster has never taken MB advice to remove herself from this abuse.
Why not, HTH?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

H
OP Offline
H
Oh my gosh, Gamma, give me a break! It was ages ago!!! I got excellent advice from Mortarman, medc, Chrisner (rest his soul), Pepperband, and many others.

I don't know if he talked to OM, he did have all the contact info. OM lived thousands of miles away. I didn't know anything about OM's family, it was a 6 week EA with someone I didn't know!!!!

Prisca- "this abuse" has stopped. Completely. That's why.

M
M
Prisca- "this abuse" has stopped. Completely. That's why.

It sounds like it hasn't if he spent nine years continuing to bring it up and make you pay for it:

DH has made the last almost 9 years since my EA very hard, up until the last year or so bringing it up often.

Here's what Dr. Harley has to say about this sort of situation:

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi5062_qa.html

Originally Posted by Dr. Harley
What she describes to me in her letter is abuse, pure and simple. There is no excuse for the way her husband keeps bringing up her moment of weakness she experienced years ago. He is disrespectful and abusive.

I suggest that she look him right in the eye and say to him, "Listen Buster, do you love me? Do you want me to love you? Do you want to spend the rest of your life with me? If the answers to any of those questions is 'yes' you sure are going about it the wrong way. You are not doing things that I admire, you're doing things that I find disgusting!"

Be sure and check out the rest of that article.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
H
OP Offline
H
Markos, I did say that to him, almost verbatim (I've been on MB since 2006).

I probably exaggerated because I was mad about his possible affair. It has been more than a year that he has brought anything up about my EA, or made me pay for it.

P
P
So, you're in a recovered marriage?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

H
OP Offline
H
You know what, Prisca? It's as recovered as a non-MB participating DH is going to make it. There's nothing I can do about that short of divorcing him, which I'm not going to do. I try to implement things without him knowing they're MB concepts.

P
P
You refuse to raise the bar. I see.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

I
I
You know what, Prisca? It's as recovered as a non-MB participating DH is going to make it. There's nothing I can do about that short of divorcing him, which I'm not going to do.

Life has a way of making the hard decisions for us when we refuse to do it.

Good luck.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

G
G
***EDIT***

Last edited by Toujours; 11/05/14 10:35 PM. Reason: TOS: non MB advice
B
B
You know what, Prisca? It's as recovered as a non-MB participating DH is going to make it. There's nothing I can do about that short of divorcing him, which I'm not going to do. I try to implement things without him knowing they're MB concepts.
Do you have a plan?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

G
G
Howtoheal, sorry to bump an old thread. I have seen you online a couple of times, but you didn't post recently. How are you doing and do you need help? I read your history and am worried about your well being.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 492 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation