Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
G
G
Rusty,

You should also inform your WW that she should not expect good care for your children from the OM.

I don't know if a study was done measuring the increased incidence of child abuse by affair step parents, but some food for caution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinderella_effect#Supportive_evidence

God Bless
Gamma

R
Rusty Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by Justthe3ofus
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
nooooo, don't go out with friends!!! Work on being a great husband and father. You don't the distraction of friends. You need to present the image of a great married man. MARRIED MEN don't run around with friends.

That's right. You are still married, and you must play the part until you are divorced.

Rusty, when you have completed exposure and you wait for your wife to exit the fog, you should still demonstrate that you love her and find ways to show that you care. That's Plan A. If you do, when she exits the fog, she may want to recover the marriage and give you just compensation, which will help you heal and overcome the deep resentment of this affair.

My wife and I did not recover our marriage just because she left her POSOM and decided to come home. It recovered because I demonstrated through actions over the 14 months of our separation and divorce that I was a good husband and father. I did not give up on her in spite of her affair. Plan A was hard for me because of my anger. Most days the best I could do was say nothing and avoid angry outbursts and disrespectful judgments. But there were those rare days where I would send her a message, write her a letter, or link to her a love song. She never responded, and I always felt the sting of rejection. My own 12 year old daughter told me to give it up. But I later learned that my efforts had an impact.

Plan A feels like farming without the harvest. But your actions actually yield a bounty. Even those who do not recover their marriages are glad they dedicated themselves to a complete Plan A. They become better future spouses and people through the process.

This is MarriageBuilders, and we stand strong for our marriages. And we are blessed for it. I hope you will commit to full Plan A.

I am still playing the part of great dad. I can't really play the part of great husband because she's not interacting with me and we're basically having a physical separation in the house (she's moved into the basement). I am not doing anything to show I'm a bad husband, but I can't really make affirmative efforts to her at this point, she finds them odd and threatening. But there are no angry outbursts and we're being very civil, even smiling at each other.

Once the kids go to bed though, there's really not much for me to do with her so I can sit and watch TV in the house, walk the dog for two hours (which I do anyway) or work on developing a new circle of friends that aren't all couples friends from when we were married. I don't think that's breaking plan A.

But there were those rare days where I would send her a message, write her a letter, or link to her a love song.

I have done this (texted her that I still loved her a few days ago) but she finds it creepy like I'm stalking her and then claims she feels unsafe.

Any advice about what to do in this situation would be appreciated. She basically wants nothing more to do with me but is being civil in front of the kids (ie. when we talk about kid stuff we're fine). I am doing all I can with the kids and being very cordial with her. I will continue to try to show her that I care (though she's freaked out by gestures such as getting her flowers). What else can I do at this point?

R
Rusty Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by Gamma
Rusty,

You should also inform your WW that she should not expect good care for your children from the OM.

I don't know if a study was done measuring the increased incidence of child abuse by affair step parents, but some food for caution.

God Bless
Gamma

If everything else hasn't gotten through to her, this surely won't. She thinks she can just blend his family (two little girls) and mine (even younger twins) and it will all be fine.

L
L
Rusty,

God Bless
Gamma

She has her fantasy blinders on and would rather dig in her heels and defend the POSOM rather than see him for what he really is.

If she finds out on her own and thinks logically, that would be a good consideration, but what WW thinks logically?

How many times do we see a WW fall in slurve with a known druggie or con?

LTL

R
Rusty Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by LearnedTooLate
Rusty,

God Bless
Gamma

She has her fantasy blinders on and would rather dig in her heels and defend the POSOM rather than see him for what he really is.

If she finds out on her own and thinks logically, that would be a good consideration, but what WW thinks logically?

How many times do we see a WW fall in slurve with a known druggie or con?

LTL

Well, all things considered, the OM is a highly accomplished professional, and not a druggie or a con artist. But I will certainly be very careful (who knows what sort of creep he can be, especially with little kids).

B
B
Originally Posted by Rusty
Well, all things considered, the OM is a highly accomplished professional, and not a druggie or a con artist. But I will certainly be very careful (who knows what sort of creep he can be, especially with little kids).

My exWh was highly accomplished...and a workaholic. If OM works a lot, at some point he will be neglecting WW. They are both smoking crack to think they can blend two families so easily. It will not happen. They are in lalaland. An affair is not even close to day-to-day reality.

I really hope you contact OMW. You could be missing the best opportunity you have to break up the affair even if you still decide to divorce. Even if she is a WS herself (and you don't know this for sure...could be spin), she could still slap your wife and make things very difficult for her and her WH. No woman appreciates another trying to act like their children's mother...especially a trampy one (even if being a hypocrite).

You previously said you would do what it takes to keep POSOM away from your children...contact OMW. This is LOOOONG overdue. You have no idea what she may be able to help you with since you have put off contacting her repeatedly. If it turns out to be a bust, then fine but at least you will know vs wondering about it.

In my divorce decree, it is ordered that POSOW 1 and 2 (yeah me) could not have any contact with my children in any way, shape or form. My WH had dumped both OW but that condition ensured me that neither OW was going to be around my kids. I could have cared less what the APs were doing otherwise. Others have included stipulations in their papers about overnights while the children are in each parents possession; at least for the short term. Think about this...

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
J
J
Well, all things considered, the OM is a highly accomplished professional, and not a druggie or a con artist.

No, all he is is a home wrecker. He is a villain and the enemy of your marriage and family. That is all that matters.

B
B
Originally Posted by Justthe3ofus
Well, all things considered, the OM is a highly accomplished professional, and not a druggie or a con artist.

No, all he is is a home wrecker. He is a villain and the enemy of your marriage and family. That is all that matters.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
R
Rusty Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by black_raven

My exWh was highly accomplished...and a workaholic. If OM works a lot, at some point he will be neglecting WW. They are both smoking crack to think they can blend two families so easily. It will not happen. They are in lalaland. An affair is not even close to day-to-day reality.

This is definitely true. She claims I work a lot, but he's travelling and working all the time -- he only sees his kids on the weekends, whereas I'm home for bedtime every time. She is smoking crack, and I'm sure she will start to realize it when she's there alone with the kids and he's at work (or finding the next woman to move onto). Her fear is being alone and I think that will happen soon enough. They're already having issues about small things (she wanted to leave a bar early and he stayed and ordered another beer). Oh well, karma's a b*tch as they say.

I really hope you contact OMW. You could be missing the best opportunity you have to break up the affair even if you still decide to divorce. Even if she is a WS herself (and you don't know this for sure...could be spin), she could still slap your wife and make things very difficult for her and her WH. No woman appreciates another trying to act like their children's mother...especially a trampy one (even if being a hypocrite).

You previously said you would do what it takes to keep POSOM away from your children...contact OMW. This is LOOOONG overdue. You have no idea what she may be able to help you with since you have put off contacting her repeatedly. If it turns out to be a bust, then fine but at least you will know vs wondering about it.

In my divorce decree, it is ordered that POSOW 1 and 2 (yeah me) could not have any contact with my children in any way, shape or form. My WH had dumped both OW but that condition ensured me that neither OW was not going to be around my kids. I could have cared less what the APs were doing otherwise. Others have included stipulations in their papers about overnights while the children are in each parents possession; at least for the short term. Think about this...

Yes, I'm going to work on such a clause to keep him away from my kids until the divorce. I don't think she'll agree to it after the divorce at all -- after all, they're planning on getting married. I like the short term clause though, that may keep him away for a bit and make things difficult.

I am working on contacting the OMW.

W
W
Rusty: I'm sure you can try and delay the divorce as long as possible. The longer the better. Hopefully the affair will blow up before she makes ridiculous decisions. I'm in a divorce now and I'm hoping the fog lifts while we cause delays. I'm in no rush to grant a divorce. We're asking for depositions, hearings, etc. I'm even going to depose the OW! Keep file of all the emails and texts between the 2 of you. It all may come in handy. Keep notes every day of what is going on because the time factor will get confusing. I wish I had kept a journal earlier in the process.

B
B
I have to head out the door, but this is the language in my decree:

2. Other Parenting Plan Provisions
In addition to all other provisions for possession provided in this decree, the following is ORDERED:
1. Moral Clause - The parents agree and IT IS ORDERED that the parties are permanently enjoined and prohibited from allowing Whore #1 or Whore #2 around the children, subject of this suit, at any time or for any reason.

Their names have obviously been changed laugh but otherwise that is the exact language. Their names were written with first, middle, maiden name, last name. I was almost going to put bdays and a picture of each as an exhibit but it was clear who I was talking about! LOL

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

L
L
I have to head out the door, but this is the language in my decree:

2. Other Parenting Plan Provisions
In addition to all other provisions for possession provided in this decree, the following is ORDERED:
1. Moral Clause - The parents agree and IT IS ORDERED that the parties are permanently enjoined and prohibited from allowing Whore #1 or Whore #2 around the children, subject of this suit, at any time or for any reason.

Their names have obviously been changed laugh but otherwise that is the exact language. Their names were written with first, middle, maiden name, last name. I was almost going to put bdays and a picture of each as an exhibit but it was clear who I was talking about! LOL

LIKE!!!

I think you could have left the names just as you posred. They know who and what they are.

LTL

M
M
[
Yes, I'm going to work on such a clause to keep him away from my kids until the divorce. I don't think she'll agree to it after the divorce at all -- after all, they're planning on getting married. I like the short term clause though, that may keep him away for a bit and make things difficult.

HAs she admitted her plan to marry the OM to others? Is she still in denial mode?

You can inflict massive DAMAGE into her plans by exposing to the OM's family. You can get this contact information from the OMW or from your PI. A good PI should be able to get this easily. But you can't afford to miss this opportunity to his parents and family.

am working on contacting the OMW.

Any progress??

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Rusty, time is a WASTING for you to finish these exposures. This is being dragged out way too long. Please get this done!! Contact the OMW and the OM's family.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
Rusty Offline OP
OP Offline
R
[

HAs she admitted her plan to marry the OM to others? Is she still in denial mode?

You can inflict massive DAMAGE into her plans by exposing to the OM's family. You can get this contact information from the OMW or from your PI. A good PI should be able to get this easily. But you can't afford to miss this opportunity to his parents and family.

am working on contacting the OMW.

Any progress??

She has not admitted her plan to marry him (I just overheard them talking about it). She's still in full denial mode, though I think she's trying to lay the groundwork with her family.

I will ask the PI about the info.

I will try to get in touch with the OMW this weekend.

M
M
Exposure should take the form of a sudden tsunami of truth. All at once!

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
I will try to get in touch with the OMW this weekend.

Rusty!! Why are you putting this off? You have been saying you would get in touch with her several times and then put it off again.

Exposure 101

M
M
Putting off these exposures needlessly reduces the impact you can have on the affair. This is wasted opportunity for absolutely no good reason. Your PI can get the family names and contact info on the OM in half a day. You can just pick up the phone and call the OMW in 2 minutes. None of this is complicated or needs to be delayed.

Exposure 101

R
Rusty Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Putting off these exposures needlessly reduces the impact you can have on the affair. This is wasted opportunity for absolutely no good reason. Your PI can get the family names and contact info on the OM in half a day. You can just pick up the phone and call the OMW in 2 minutes. None of this is complicated or needs to be delayed.

I don't have OMW's phone number (The one that comes up is a fax). I will ask the PI. I am moving on this as fast as I can, but I have limited info into his side of things.

L
L

I don't have OMW's phone number (The one that comes up is a fax). I will ask the PI. I am moving on this as fast as I can, but I have limited info into his side of things.

Do you have her address?

Go therein Person, ASAP.

Who cares if her WH is there. Just bring all the evidence you have and let her know your intel and ask her for her assistance in breaking up the affair and 2 families.

LTL

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 1,215 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation