Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 25 1 2 21 22 23 24 25
S
OP Offline
S
Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape!

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Originally Posted by Still_Crazy
When are you emailing Dr. Harley?

I am not sure that I am, it took several pages to try to explain here.
That's too bad that you won't even try to get the best advice out there.

I'm sure you can condense it and explain it to Dr. Harley, if you really wanted a plan to do something.

I took your suggestion and did a condensed version

B
B
Great, let us know what you hear back.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
OP Offline
S
When leaders put their family first, their spirit prospers and their community benefits. When leaders put their community first, their family, community and personal well being all suffer. The most lasting legacy you can leave is the one you build at home. Success in life comes when those who know you best, love and respect you the most.

B
B
Have you heard back from the Harleys?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
OP Offline
S
Not yet

S
OP Offline
S
If we avoid being judgmental our personal peace will increase.

S
OP Offline
S
Well the other guy has been hanging out a lot more at the house and my DD is now �hung up� on him and he doesn�t know if he wants to be with her or not and she told me yesterday that she misses her exBF already.

Her attitude has improved slightly except when she gets upset about the other guy not showing enough attention to her (what she thinks is enough attention which is all of his attention she does not like it when we turn on the TV when he is there because he watches it instead of paying attention to her she would rather have the radio on) then she gets nasty with everyone and you can�t even talk to her without her biting your head off.

L
L
If you have still not heard back from Dr Harley, send a reminder, they may have mislaid your question. No sense in just blogging.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
S
OP Offline
S
So I get home from work last night and the exBF is at the house. I wondered why but I know my DD kept their dog so I thought maybe he had come by to see the dog (he has done that two other times since he left) and check if he left anything else behind.

So I say hello and my DD said she called him and invited over to hang out, I thought WTH, but did not say anything and went about my business. Well I�ll be darned if before the exBF left the new guy shows up too.

So now I�m am thinking (I don�t know for sure) that because the new guy doesn�t like her enough to date her that she is going to try to make him jealous with the exBF or she is being self-centered again and wants to have the exBF on the back burner in case this doesn�t go where she wants it to with the new guy. To me that is so unfair of her to do, she is really leading both of them on

S
OP Offline
S
I forgot she also has yet to finish helping the exBF go through their stuff in storage so they still have that bill.

She also still has a card to their shared bank account and she checks out his balance and uses the card and tells him she owes him money instead of just going and opening herself a new account.

And the poor dog has basically became mine and my husband�s because the only thing she is doing is feeding him, she is too worried about the other guy to do anything so that is why I was so shocked to see the exBF there last night, it is just too weird.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by living_well
If you have still not heard back from Dr Harley, send a reminder, they may have mislaid your question. No sense in just blogging.

Done

S
OP Offline
S
There are two kinds of people; the givers and the takers. The takers may sometimes eat better, but the givers always sleep better.

Danny Thomas

S
OP Offline
S
Somehow, not only for Christmas but all the long year through, the joy we give to others is the joy that comes back to us.

. . . . . . John Greenleaf Whittier, poet

I
I
There are two kinds of people; the givers and the takers. The takers may sometimes eat better, but the givers always sleep better.

Danny Thomas

This really sums up how just listening to just the giver or just the taker doesn't work at all.

After all we need to both eat and sleep. It isn't an either/or choice!

So if we listen to both, we can have both.

The only problem I have with Mr Thomas' very astute metaphor (taking takes care of one type of need, giving takes care of another) is that he seems to think you have to decide which 'side' you are on.

This is a bit like people who don't poja. They never discuss, or consider taking care of ALL or BOTH needs - they turn it into a me/you choice as though one person must be loser.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

B
B
Have you heard back from Dr Harley?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

S
OP Offline
S

No, I have a feeling I am not going to, he is to busy saving marriages and that is fine

B
B

No, I have a feeling I am not going to, he is to busy saving marriages and that is fine
But you sent the email, correct?

Dr. Harley answers many questions that aren't just related to marriages. Sometimes emails go to their spam. Notify the MODS so they can let Dr Harley know.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

S
OP Offline
S
Yes I sent it twice.

B
B
Yes I sent it twice.
So notify the MODS.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 23 of 25 1 2 21 22 23 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation