Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 29 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 28 29
M
M
Originally Posted by luna_alpha
Okay. Our case was reinstated with the court. Is this really what I want? I'm having huge anxiety. I sent in the receipt of service, so whether I want it or not, it's coming.

You guys keep telling me there is better out there, but this is scary as all get out to go through.

awesome So very proud of you!! You did the right thing. And I do agree with your plan to get out there and date once you are divorced. Start playing the field and having some fun!

I love your plan of finding someone to support you in your next marriage. I have been in your position myself, supporting a man, and I hated it! I much prefer being married to a guy who makes a good living.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
O
This might seem crazy, but I keep telling myself we could always get re-married later if he comes to a different world view, but right now I feel very vulnerable financially.

You can have any crazy ole thought you want - as long as you don't act on it and you stay on the path to SANITY. laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
I see happiness and peace of mind in your future. I really do. I am so happy for you.

Exposure 101

L
OP Offline
L
Thanks MelodyLane. I really need your cheering on through this step!! Getting the response in, then getting the last few bits of personal items moved and it is over.

Wow.

I

P
P
I also am (still) married to a guy I supported for 4 year. I didn't realize how much I hated it until now. Never. Again.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
L
OP Offline
L
Okay, I'm getting everything ready and found a post office that is open at 8 am tomorrow so I can it done it before teaching.

PW - I thought it would be no big deal, right? Wrong. I loved how in counseling the H protested because I could make so much more than him and Steve's response was (paraphrasing) "you can masturbate, can't you?. Well, that takes care of your SF, but it's so much better when someone else takes care of that need isn't it? Having someone else do it makes you feel loved."

Best moment of counseling, ever.

Last edited by luna_alpha; 11/20/14 09:04 PM.
M
M
Thanks MelodyLane. I really need your cheering on through this step!! Getting the response in, then getting the last few bits of personal items moved and it is over.

Wow.

I

Carry on! You are doing just great. Bring the body and the mind will follow. Just keep walking out of this nightmare. You will look back on this time a year from now and will be so proud and so glad you made the decision to walk yourself out of this mess.

I have found this quote to be so meaningful when times were tough:

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

Exposure 101

B
B

Wow.

I
Good job luna. I can't begin to tell you how much stronger you already sound. I know it's tough, but you will come out the other side.

Keep going, friend.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
S
Ditto what everyone else is saying, I am so proud of you and your Plan Luna is going GREAT.

Just keep up the hard work, it will be so worth it in the end........

L
OP Offline
L
I am excited for the future. I ran around this morning trying to get to a post office that does money orders. No go - but I have time this afternoon and it will all be sent off. This all should be wrapped up before Christmas.

My family and friends have been wonderful, supportive and loving. I am so grateful for the advice to tell everyone what was going on. I went from a place of shame and fear to having people help me. Yes, I played a role, but I am not the one who choose to not invest in a true marriage. I'm going to take my toys and go elsewhere.

I can't even regret the relationship too much. It got me to the school where I am having fantastic success, and even had some fun times in the town where he was going to school. I never would have lived there otherwise.

And I now know unequivocally what behavior will never work in a partner.

Going to read HNHN over xmas break, as well as Are You the One. And I am going to get three dating profiles up and play around with that (once it is finalized and I'm legit and free). I read a book awhile back that was fascinating and had all sorts of maps of people, economic activity (great examples of useful data representation), etc and where I am living now has a huge ratio of single men to single women due (hypothesized because) women tend to move less to stay by family. So "the odds are ever in my favor" is a truism here. smile I admit I peeked at one last night just to see and it was packed full of people (no, I didn't do anything JK!)

I know, intellectually, I will so happy one day this happened. Now to just do the work to make that happen as quickly as possible. I don't want to waste anymore time!

B
B
Have you ordered Buyers, Renters and Freeloaders? That is one of my favorite Dr. Harley books.
Buyers, Renters and Freeloaders

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
OP Offline
L
I think I have Buyers, Renters and Freeloaders back at the apartment. I'll check next week when I am there. I guess that should be to the top of the list, since I clearly missed it this last time.

My checks came! I am starting a brand new register and everything. Symbolic that the first check will be for my freedom and future happiness.

I have to admit, looking at my old register triggered some guilt. When I was supporting us, I had my checks go into my individual account because all of our (not insignificant) debt was in my name alone. Guilt, guilt, guilt for not sharing. If I was going to have a redo, it ALL would have been joint (and I would NOT have been the sole provider). What was I thinking marrying someone who couldn't even support themselves yet? For crying out loud Luna... Oh well. Learning allowed, no self-beating up.

L
OP Offline
L
Response mailed priority mail to the court, and regular mail to the H. Put our verbal agreement on the last few things in writing on it for my own peace of mind.

Wow. Thank you guys for the support. I was an absolute wreck and non-functioning (basically) two months ago. Still hurts, but much better now.

Last edited by luna_alpha; 11/21/14 07:36 PM.
M
M
Wow. Thank you guys for the support. I was an absolute wreck and non-functioning (basically) two months ago. Still hurts, but much better now.

You are awesome, luna_alpha!! Now, go change the the little frownie icon next to your name! Your future is very bright... awesome

Exposure 101

B
B
Response mailed priority mail to the court, and regular mail to the H. Put our verbal agreement on the last few things in writing on it for my own peace of mind.

You're learning and DOING and that's what is so awesome.

You sound so much better. Good job!!!!

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

L
OP Offline
L
Okay, I'll figure out the icon thing soon and get that done!

How's this for doing good: My IM got back to me and H refuses to sign the car title until the divorce is final. Who put that in the response as a condition for the dissolution? *I did*!!! WOOOT. Play your games with the judge if you want, but you aren't playing them with me anymore!

Time to figure out the smiley face... smile

L
OP Offline
L
Ohhh, feeling some anxiety today about being alone for-ever but I need to think positively. That sort of thinking is how I was vulnerable to this whole thing to begin with. Besides, there are worse things than being single, right?

I'm looking forward to purging my life of many physical possessions, especially those that are triggers, and getting down to a lean set of just what I need and nothing more. Really grateful I don't have kids in this mess (not that I didn't want kids, it is just easier without them at this moment!).

Thank you guys for pushing me to make get rid people that might ruin my plan B on Facebook (his immediate family, wayward thinkers who didn't help the marriage, etc). I had no idea how much it was affecting me. I realize now it was because 1. I feel more relaxed going there and 2. I don't feel the compulsion to go there. Even if I didn't 'peek', somehow I still needed to check it...? Weird. I have noticed that when I'm really interested in my own life and enjoying it, I tend to look at it less anyhow. Too busy.

Last edited by luna_alpha; 11/23/14 02:31 PM.
M
M
Ohhh, feeling some anxiety today about being alone for-ever but I need to think positively. That sort of thinking is how I was vulnerable to this whole thing to begin with. Besides, there are worse things than being single, right?

Yes!! What is worse is being ALL ALONE and HEARTBROKEN while married. You will not be alone forever! Now you have a CHANCE in your future to find someone who is great for you.

Thank you guys for pushing me to make get rid people that might ruin my plan B on Facebook (his immediate family, wayward thinkers who didn't help the marriage, etc). I had no idea how much it was affecting me. I realize now it was because 1. I feel more relaxed going there and 2. I don't feel the compulsion to go there. Even if I didn't 'peek', somehow I still needed to check it...? Weird. I have noticed that when I'm really interested in my own life and enjoying it, I tend to look at it less anyhow. Too busy.

You are going GREAT and you will find you feel better and better every day as time goes on. Bring the body and the mind will follow. You are walking yourself out of hell and into a happy, fulfilling life. You had NO CHANCE at happiness yoked in this horrible, unfulfilling marriage. Leaving the marriage gives you a chance to find happiness with someone who loves and cares for you!

Exposure 101

S
S

What really causes anxiety and misery is being married to a cheater who doesn't care very much about protecting you or the marriage.

The more and more time I spent in Plan B and accepted my M was over, I realized I felt more happy and peace than I had in a very very long time. Not to mention I became a better mother, daughter, sister and friend. I had drained a lot of my energy into a bad marriage. It was wonderful to focus on all the other positive relationships and things in my life!

Hang in there! smile

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Yes!! What is worse is being ALL ALONE and HEARTBROKEN while married. You will not be alone forever! Now you have a CHANCE in your future to find someone who is great for you.

You are going GREAT and you will find you feel better and better every day as time goes on. Bring the body and the mind will follow. You are walking yourself out of hell and into a happy, fulfilling life. You had NO CHANCE at happiness yoked in this horrible, unfulfilling marriage. Leaving the marriage gives you a chance to find happiness with someone who loves and cares for you!

I am finding you are right - the body is just fighting back, lol! Stupid dreams. Had one last night H told me he changed his mind about the divorce, then abandoned me in the woods looking for my car with only a blanket on. Think my mind was trying to tell me something?

Originally Posted by SusieQ
What really causes anxiety and misery is being married to a cheater who doesn't care very much about protecting you or the marriage.

The more and more time I spent in Plan B and accepted my M was over, I realized I felt more happy and peace than I had in a very very long time. Not to mention I became a better mother, daughter, sister and friend. I had drained a lot of my energy into a bad marriage. It was wonderful to focus on all the other positive relationships and things in my life!

Hang in there! smile

That sounds great SusieQ. I keep reading everyone's responses over and over again for reassurance, and asking my friends and family if I am doing the right thing. They have been wonderful at being a reality check and I have been going with what they say, and not trying to 'fix things'. Yay, for small steps.

The IM let me know H got my responses and will go along with my requests. So we are in agreement and now it is just paperwork I guess. Someone has to request the final judgement.

I wrote a really cool play inspired by the end of this marriage. I like it so much that I'm extremely nervous about the rewrites. I also have that going on with another current piece of writing (children's movie) ... it is a horrible/great problem to have. You like what you've written so much that you are afraid you are going to 'break' it in trying to improve it.

Page 17 of 29 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation