Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
P
SafetySuit,

You are in denial. Anytime he is trying to restrict access to any of his communications it is because he is hiding something. I thought the exact way you did. I thought it was MY FAULT for snooping and not trusting him...but he had started an emotional affair that then became a physical affair.

Listen: Even if he is "just talking to her"...he SHOULD NOT BE DOING THAT as a married man. That is hurtful to you. That shows he does not care about your feelings. Something is going on, whether or not is physical is sort of beside the point. He has left you, is not being honest with you, is carrying on a secret second life and does not care. The bottom line is that he is treating you as if you don't exist and as if your feelings don't matter. That is not a marriage.

Do not beg him to come back. Make clear your expectations in marriage. I am not sure if some of the more experienced posters would recommend Plan A for a few weeks or not, but if nothing changes within a month, you definitely would need to move into Plan B.

Write Dr. Harley and/or listen to Melody, Black_Raven, Jedi, Indie, etc. They know what they are talking about.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
B
B
Originally Posted by Safetysuit2974
Yes there is nothing. Like I said I think he's talking to someone through Facebook and that is why he changed his password.
Do you know who it is he's talking to through Facebook?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
Originally Posted by PigletWiglet
. I am not sure if some of the more experienced posters would recommend Plan A for a few weeks or not, but if nothing changes within a month, you definitely would need to move into Plan B.
Dr. Harley recommends BWs to only be in Plan A for 2-3 weeks. After a maximum of 3 weeks to go into Plan B, due to health concerns for the BW.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
OP Offline
S
I know the girl I think he's talking to on Facebook. And he did reset his phone and said that's why he had to change passwords. I'm not denying that he could be doing it, but one of our problems is Me accusing him of things like this all the time.

L
L
You have a right to ask for information and reassurance.

My sbxH made me feel bad all the time about asking. It is a way to put you on the defensive. It is okay to ask and get information!! *That* is how trust is built. He doesn't just get it for free.

B
B
I know the girl I think he's talking to on Facebook. And he did reset his phone and said that's why he had to change passwords. I'm not denying that he could be doing it, but one of our problems is Me accusing him of things like this all the time.
Is the girl married? Have you checked her Facebook?

Have you seen this?
The Risk of Opposite-sex Friendships in Marriage

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

S
OP Offline
S
Yes I have checked it. It says she is single. Funny because he told me she had a boyfriend about a month ago.

B
B
Yes I have checked it. It says she is single. Funny because he told me she had a boyfriend about a month ago.
Another red flag.

Does he drop you off and keep the car? Can you put a VAR in the vehicle and a GPS?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

S
OP Offline
S
Maybe a var if there's a semi cheap one? I'm not sure

S
OP Offline
S
Hahahaha I was waiting for it to happen and look, it did. He has been texting this girl all night. Wow, I'm to my limit. If nothing else it clearly cannot be innocent.

B
B
Hahahaha I was waiting for it to happen and look, it did. He has been texting this girl all night. Wow, I'm to my limit. If nothing else it clearly cannot be innocent.
Yup waywards are always dumb and sloppy.

Is this the same girl? How did you find out?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

S
OP Offline
S
Yes and by checking phone records. He's been texting her for the last 3 hours while he was spending time with our son. Not sure if I should say something or what. I just asked him earlier when I saw him if we could do anything on this separation and he said no. Yet talks to her after all of this bs about not even being friends

S
OP Offline
S
Same girl because I know her number from when he was texting her about "work" before

B
B
Yes and by checking phone records. He's been texting her for the last 3 hours while he was spending time with our son. Not sure if I should say something or what. I just asked him earlier when I saw him if we could do anything on this separation and he said no. Yet talks to her after all of this bs about not even being friends
Do you still have access to her Facebook?

Go to her contacts and copy her contact list and save it for exposure.

Have you read the exposure thread?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

S
OP Offline
S
What do you mean her contacts? And I can only see what's public

L
L
Save a web archive or printout of all her contacts (her friend list). This is public. If she blocks you, you'll lose access to this. What you really need are the links to these people's profiles so you can message them. Also, grab a photo of her from her images in case you need it later.

S
OP Offline
S
Why do I need that? I'm not going to tell everyone she knows or anything like that. But what do I need to do now they have been talking nonstop through text all night not even trying to hide it. Clearly an interest there.

B
B
SS--The vets will be here soon, but the first thing you need to do is read about the Exposure 101 thread: (click on the following link). Your husband is having an affair--

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2695379#Post2695379

Please read.

BW

Me (BW) 63
FWH 59
Married 30 years
FWH EA 2007 - 2011
FWH PA July, 2011 - November, 2011
False Recovery Dec, 2012 - July 14, 2016
3 adult children, 4 granddaughters and 1 grandson
B
B
Why do I need that? I'm not going to tell everyone she knows or anything like that. But what do I need to do now they have been talking nonstop through text all night not even trying to hide it. Clearly an interest there.
You need to expose.

Have you read the Exposure thread?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

S
OP Offline
S
I have no evidence though. Just that they have been texting but no content. And yes I just read it. Seems a little extreme when I have no evidence

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,188 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation