Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
I
I agree with the lazy lawyer diagnosis. In fact you may even be talking about wayward lawyer.

If your kids want to take pictures of things for their dad, great. If he wants to take pics of them, great.

That's not what where talking about. It's about you providing him with gestures of affection to satisfy a very sick mind set.

I keep coming across these people who seem to disapprove of wives who stop contact with their ex-husbands, even in my case where there are no children.

I keep being told it reflects badly on me, shows bitterness, a lack of civility and forgiveness. Some people believe I either will or should suffer financially in the settlement as a result.

When pressed, their professional veneer crumbles. They don't know of any law to back up their point. They say something vague about it looking good, or judges liking it, or it being cheaper to agree without lawyers.

Just like it's lighter to walk into battle unarmed.

In all cases these opinions are baseless and are just waywards who don't like the idea they may not be so popular with their own vitims one day.

Last edited by indiegirl; 12/19/14 10:14 AM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

B
B
Please read this and the parallel parenting is in here also.
How to Plan B Correctly

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

P
P
Originally Posted by SFL
Before he decided to bring OW with him to move in, he was on board with keeping the kids schedules consistent when extending the amount of time he has with them. We tentatively agreed to every other full weekend and alternating friday overnights instead of disrupting the weekly flow we have had for so long without him. Now he is saying he wants more weekday visits instead of the full weekends, which is just so inconvenient (I am still using an IM for pick up and drop off with his current friday 4:30 to Saturday 4:30 schedule). Getting an IM to come several times a week twice each visit (i.e. if he wants tues and thurs dinners 4:30 to 6:30, then friday 4:30 to Saturday 4:30)

He wants to save his weekends for gold digger party girl.

If you want to look like you are being cooperative and not keeping his children from him, then maybe you should go along with his plan to take the kids for dinner two nights a week. At least in that case, you will know that your kids will not be spending the weekend with OW who LIVES with your WH.

Is WH not working? How is he going to manage to leave work at 4.30? Honestly, do you think he will be able to pull that off for any length of time?

You document everything.

You need to think really hard about how you can maintain a dark Plan B through this.

You also need to find a lawyer who will fight to protect you rather than encourage you to let WH and OW spit in your face.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

B
B
x 2 to all pokerface wrote. How is he going to get the children at 4:30pm during the week?

Just because he wants x, y, and z doesn't mean you have to agree to it. You shoudn't be agreeing to things that will make his life easier and yours more difficult. Does WH have his own attorney? Your lawyer needs to grow a pair too.

I also strongly suggest that you pay close attention to the language used about authorized people to pick up your children and look at what statute also says. Gfs/bfs or step-parents have zero rights to pick up children from school without the consent of custodial parents...that is just an FYI to you...don't mention it to WH.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
R
R
I live in California.

I have three children with my ExH (WH)

I have been in Plan B for 5 years.

I have an IM to communicate any information about visitation or financial issues.

Our divorce took three years to finalize and I never once had to meet with him. I had a financial IM (a different person from my other IM) to go to divorce hearings in my place. My lawyer worked with both me and my IM to strategize. The judge did not question it.

You never interfere with parenting by your Wayward but you do not need to be so directly involved with them either.

It has protected my mental and physical health.

N
N
Wow, reading. Did your WH ever express any kind of remorse or, at the very least, regret?

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
R
R
I wouldn't know.
I am in Plan B.

:-)

B
B
Originally Posted by reading
I live in California.

I have three children with my ExH (WH)

I have been in Plan B for 5 years.

I have an IM to communicate any information about visitation or financial issues.

Our divorce took three years to finalize and I never once had to meet with him. I had a financial IM (a different person from my other IM) to go to divorce hearings in my place. My lawyer worked with both me and my IM to strategize. The judge did not question it.

You never interfere with parenting by your Wayward but you do not need to be so directly involved with them either.

It has protected my mental and physical health.
Wow this is great.

You should add this to the Plan B thread.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

P
P
Originally Posted by indiegirl
I agree with the lazy lawyer diagnosis. In fact you may even be talking about wayward lawyer.

If your kids want to take pictures of things for their dad, great. If he wants to take pics of them, great.

That's not what where talking about. It's about you providing him with gestures of affection to satisfy a very sick mind set.

I keep coming across these people who seem to disapprove of wives who stop contact with their ex-husbands, even in my case where there are no children.

I keep being told it reflects badly on me, shows bitterness, a lack of civility and forgiveness. Some people believe I either will or should suffer financially in the settlement as a result.

When pressed, their professional veneer crumbles. They don't know of any law to back up their point. They say something vague about it looking good, or judges liking it, or it being cheaper to agree without lawyers.

Just like it's lighter to walk into battle unarmed.

In all cases these opinions are baseless and are just waywards who don't like the idea they may not be so popular with their own vitims one day.

I TOTALLY agree with Indie on this. I also live in CA and my lawyer pulls some of this with me, even suggesting that I send him a weekly email update of my daughter's activities. I declined to do so. I said that I would only if I were ordered to by a court (and even then, I would go secret IM).

I moved from northern to southern california with my daughter and he gets a couple of skype calls per week. My lawyer told me to "facilitate" the calls by sitting with her and trying to prompt conversation (because she is two). I told her I would do no such thing. My only repsonsibility is to help my daughter pick up the call. I press the button when he calls, put my headphones on loudly and walk away from the computer. My daughter can talk as much or a little as she wants from there. DO NOT bend over backward to facilitate a relationship with the kids.

People do not understand the trauma that infidelity causes. You don't need to cater to them at all.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
P
P
I think we need to have a thread on divorce/custody in CA. It's like an alternate universe where lawyers and judges think everyone should bend over backward to facilitate a relationship with between the kids and the the person they are divorcing. He is a flipping grown man. Nothing could keep him from his kid if he wants to see her.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
L
L
If situations were reversed and my WW had custody, I would be there when my Son gets off the school bus every day.

No court would be able to interfere with my visiting appropriate visitations.

A good parent who valued their children and their personal relationship with them could not be held back by wild horses.

LTL

S
SFL Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Wow! thanks so much everyone!

I am actually doing ok with the minor communication through this website. At first it was too much but then I turned the "notifications" off so I don't get disrupted with "you have a new message" throughout the day. I just log on when I am in a good place and when I want to request reimbursement for something. The good thing about this site is that you can link your bank account to it and post a receipt so for something like a medical bill not covered is paid by me I post it and he immediately reimburses me.

He is also digging himself a grave with his almost "bi-polar" messages. I got a good juicy one documented below when they probably got in a fight and it completely backs the fact that she is an addict if I even need it in court:

"In July, she stayed out all night and lied to me about where she was. I called her sister, Tessa, and told her I was through, that I could not handle it if she relapsed. I just can't be with a liar and a drug addict.

At the time Brianna told me later that she was with her drug friends and that she struggled but did not do heroin. I don't know if she did or she didn't. I chose to believe her at the time.

Over the last few days, more 'gray' has come out; I will not risk my kids over her. I risked my career for her.

Sitting here alone right now, I am lost.

I should have listened to you in June.
I should have quit and come home.
I am so sorry for what I have done to you and the kids.

What was I thinking?

Please forgive me.
T"

I guess they kissed and made up afterward because he is back to making excuses for why he can't do more time on the weekend.

BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
S
SFL Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by pokerface
He wants to save his weekends for gold digger party girl.

Is WH not working? How is he going to manage to leave work at 4.30? Honestly, do you think he will be able to pull that off for any length of time?

Interestingly enough, he isn't working. He left his job and is saying it is to be closer to the kids when in actuality, he was timing his resignation to coincide with the temporary hearing. I believe he hoped he could get away with less alimony but it didn't work for him. He got 6 months severance and the judge told him to "get a job" and based the alimony/child support on the salary he left. He wouldn't leave his job to keep his family whole in May but he left to try and pay less money....

But yes- good point about him probably not being able to keep it up for any length of time. When he was working he barely made it home in time for bedtime at 7pm so I doubt he'd be able to do it when he gets another job. And he WILL get another job. This man loves money way too much.

BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation