Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I
I
Originally Posted by Ding_Dong
I did also mention to them (probably a mistake on my part) that this OM had hit their Mam and he is a nasty piece of work. I asked them if they ever came into contact with him they were to be very careful. This man has assaulted my wife once that I am aware of and I genuinely feared for their safety.

No its fantastic you've warned them and told them to report concerns to you. It also puts paid to the fantasy of him being their new dad.

Kids in this situation get abused all the time.

. Meanwhile her animosity gets worse with every email. I

If she can get you to argue back she will get a full tilt dose of her addiction - for a while.

When you are nice you ruin it. You're not helping her avoid guilt, or consequences.

Most WWs are deeply unhappy with the A relationship (in this case a married guy who dumped her!) But they blame their unhappiness on the BH for an incredibly long time, until the A is in its death throes.

It's his fault for telling his wife before I could catch him, it's his fault for being confusingly nice - how am I supposed to grind him under my heel while he's nice!

But the A does end and the chances are high that when it does she will review your kindness in a different light.

It's only annoying to her now because it distracts and interrupts the A.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

B
B
So she pawns your kids off to relatives all the time? What happens when you offer to take the children?

One good thing you have going for you is that the married OM has dumped her. Do the best Plan A whenever the opportunity arises. Are you dragging the divorce out as long as you can?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
So she pawns your kids off to relatives all the time? What happens when you offer to take the children?

One good thing you have going for you is that the married OM has dumped her. Do the best Plan A whenever the opportunity arises. Are you dragging the divorce out as long as you can?

Brainhurts,

I'm not 100% sure he has dumped her but I have made his position with her very difficult by exposing them both professionally and publicly and I believe that there's a good chance that he has, due to the anger that she displays to me now. It is relentless.

I am not offered the kids any more than she wants. Maybe I should suggest that she leave them with me if she is struggling for childcare especially if I have the free time.

I am trying to drag the divorce out as long as I can at present but I am reaching a crucial point in proceedings where I will be forced to let her have the divorce either way.

Wait and see what transpires and plan a all the way where possible.

Thanks,

DD

BH 43
WW 42
DD 11.
DD 7.
Married 19 years.
She left 10-08-2014.
She filed for divorce 29-02-2015.
Waiting for Final decree absolute just before Christmas 2015.
L
L
You should require that your attorney seek Right Of 1st Refusal, for any time she is not personally taking care of your children.

Get it done.

LTL

B
B
Originally Posted by LearnedTooLate
You should require that your attorney seek Right Of 1st Refusal, for any time she is not personally taking care of your children.

Get it done.

LTL
^^^^Yes this. Also have you talked to the OM's BW to verify if they are remaining NC?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

Get it done.

LTL
^^^^Yes this. Also have you talked to the OM's BW to verify if they are remaining NC?

Hi Brainhurts and LTL,

I am under threat of harassment charges if I go near either the OM or his wife. I'm not sure whether they are in contact either but presuming not romantically at this point. Forgive my ignorance but can you explain the reasoning behind the 1st refusal when it comes to childcare. She would go absolutely bananas if I was to do this. Again I can hear her cries along with her Mother/Father of using the children as a weapon, etc.

Thanks,

DD

BH 43
WW 42
DD 11.
DD 7.
Married 19 years.
She left 10-08-2014.
L
L
Are you capable of and would you like custody of your children when your wife makes alternative plans that presumes someone else will be watching them and taking care of them?

If Yes, then get that ordered by the courts through your attorney.

WHY OH WHY do so many men shrivel at the prospect of a false harassment charge being filed against them??

For what reason?

Has the OM's BW personally told you, either by herself or through her attorney that you are not allowed to contact her with information about the affair he is involved in with your WW?

Is stating a truthful fact harassment?

LTL

D
OP Offline
D
Are you capable of and would you like custody of your children when your wife makes alternative plans that presumes someone else will be watching them and taking care of them?

If Yes, then get that ordered by the courts through your attorney.

WHY OH WHY do so many men shrivel at the prospect of a false harassment charge being filed against them??

For what reason?

Has the OM's BW personally told you, either by herself or through her attorney that you are not allowed to contact her with information about the affair he is involved in with your WW?

Is stating a truthful fact harassment?

LTL

Hi LTL,

I would love to have my kids anytime that their Mother can't look after them. But I tend to find out after the event. Would not demanding they stay with me under these circumstances not be a love buster? Will this not raise the hurt levels and her anger even more?

Here in the UK it is very easy to find yourself in trouble with new harassment laws.

Any behaviour after you have been issued with a PIN (Police Information Notice) can be used against you and plenty of people have been successfully prosecuted for such behaviour. I am not afraid of anything after what I have been through the last few months.

I need to maintain a clean record as I work in a voluntary charity role working with vulnerable children. Any conviction would put that to bed and appear on any check by the charity that I work with. This work is very important to me! The OM's wife has never made any contact with me ever despite writing to her and door-stepping her late last year.

It appears that here in the UK stating the truth is in fact harassment "if it causes alarm or distress" to the other party. Here's an article which can give a bit of insight into this unfair procedure: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/libertycentral/2010/sep/09/harassment-warning-fair-hearing

Thanks again,

DD.

BH 43
WW 42
DD 11.
DD 7.
Married 19 years.
She left 10-08-2014.
I
I
DD you said that OMW 'rejected' your exposure letters early in your thread but that you were 'sure' she got them - how? How can you be so sure it wasn't intercepted by OM?

See bringing a harassment warning onto you would make no sense if you HAD hit the mark and his wife already knew. What's more likely is that you were CLOSE but MISSED. That's what the harassment warning is supposed to prevent.

Here in the UK it is very easy to find yourself in trouble with new harassment laws.

I would really get yourself a different lawyer on this because yours sounds pretty lazy. It isn't at all easy to slap harassment laws onto people. It's easy to advise your client to 'just do nothing' though - I would interview a few other lawyers as to the truth of his advice here.

Were you given any guidance according to the warning just WHAT actions you did that consituted harassment?

As it was brought by your wife - what does it have to do with OMW? Your wife can ask you to stop getting in touch with her - or say an repeated and upsetting course of action towards her is harassment - but she can't scream harassment and prevent you speaking from any other woman she dislikes you talking to.

What's particularly concerning is that you and OMW should be on the same side, passing intelligence to each other. That is none of your WW's business and she should not even know about it - much less use it against you legally (preventing two people from making truthful and factual statements about the gravest concern in their life privately to each other is NOT what the Harassment Act 1997 is for and the police claiming that it is makes a farce of UK law).

How do you know OMW was really exposed to and what was her reaction?

L
L
We think that the police do need to be satisfied at the very least that if the complaint were true and were repeated, that those acts would amount to harassment. If the police did not reasonably believe this, then the issuing of a harassment warning might well be challengeable by way of judicial review, as an irrational act. Any challenge would need to be brought promptly and in any event no later than three months of the date of the harassment warning.

What is upsetting is that there is no procedure for appealing against the making of a harassment warning and for many, this can feel highly unfair. The person who is sent the warning can often feel as though they are being prosecuted, especially when they have had no opportunity to present their side of the story. It is of course always open to individuals who feel that they have been unfairly treated by the police to lodge a formal complaint (in the first instance to the police force that issued the warning and by appeal thereafter to the Independent Police Complaints Commission, IPCC).

It would seem as if we have 2 different opinions on what the article it stating as the writers position.

Yes, the rule can be applied arbitrarily and capriciously, but the filing party too can be held accountable for not meeting the standards of legitimate harassment.

What is the actual legal statute in the UK regarding harassment?

I would not be afraid of those who file false claims, especially if your actions do not meet the legal definition of harassment.

Indie is a Reporter in the UK and would have a much better insight into the actual reality and legal consequences.

LTL

L
L
I see Indie has already replied.

What specifically does the Harassment Act Of 1997 state?

Thanks Indie.

LTL

L
L
Originally Posted by indiegirl
So surely, if this police force is handing out these notices like candy, you can simply go get one preventing OM from talking to WW.

Simples!

LTL

D
OP Offline
D
So surely, if this police force is handing out these notices like candy, you can simply go get one preventing OM from talking to WW.

Simples!

LTL

In theory you are probably not far from this farce that is the harassment act but for now I'm keeping quiet. I think that given my WW behaviour and communication with me is hostile, that the affair is dying or getting there. Very hostile and most upset with me. Waiting and hoping ��

BH 43
WW 42
DD 11.
DD 7.
Married 19 years.
She left 10-08-2014.
D
OP Offline
D
DD you said that OMW 'rejected' your exposure letters early in your thread but that you were 'sure' she got them - how? How can you be so sure it wasn't intercepted by OM?

See bringing a harassment warning onto you would make no sense if you HAD hit the mark and his wife already knew. What's more likely is that you were CLOSE but MISSED. That's what the harassment warning is supposed to prevent.

I am nearly positive that the letters got through as I sent them far and wide and his anger was portrayed out with his calls to my WW and in return to me.

He is trying to protect his professional reputation. Until the divorce has gone through I am staying quiet but will go after him through his professional body when the financials and everything is done. I want to keep a lid on things for now.

I would really get yourself a different lawyer on this because yours sounds pretty lazy. It isn't at all easy to slap harassment laws onto people. It's easy to advise your client to 'just do nothing' though - I would interview a few other lawyers as to the truth of his advice here.

Were you given any guidance according to the warning just WHAT actions you did that consituted harassment?

As it was brought by your wife - what does it have to do with OMW? Your wife can ask you to stop getting in touch with her - or say an repeated and upsetting course of action towards her is harassment - but she can't scream harassment and prevent you speaking from any other woman she dislikes you talking to.

What's particularly concerning is that you and OMW should be on the same side, passing intelligence to each other. That is none of your WW's business and she should not even know about it - much less use it against you legally (preventing two people from making truthful and factual statements about the gravest concern in their life privately to each other is NOT what the Harassment Act 1997 is for and the police claiming that it is makes a farce of UK law).

How do you know OMW was really exposed to and what was her reaction?

I am positive that the letters to OMW got through as this was repaid back to me by my WW.

The POSOM is trying to protect his professional reputation to try to stop the story from breaking out. He was made a senior partner in his firm just last year. All the other directors now know but when my divorce financial settlement is over I will go after him again through his governing body regardless of the repercussions. I am prepared to risk harassment charges for this and will risk a large fine or imprisonment.

He is an abuser and beat my WW so I presume his wife is afraid of him as he must treat her the same, hence the no response from her. I am being painted as a psycho ex husband by my WW. She has told everyone that I have dreamed up this affair. Stand by YouTube as it's next.

By the way I sent the letters registered and her signature was on them.

Thanks,

DD.

BH 43
WW 42
DD 11.
DD 7.
Married 19 years.
She left 10-08-2014.
I
I
What typically happens when OM is a serial cheat or abusive is that he monitors his wife's mail.

Unless the BH makes an effort to actually speak to the BW, she usually never hears of exposure. When OM sees the attempted exposure he calls his minion/mistress and tells her she better make sure her husband doesn't try this again or he'll he'll dump her.

The WW then ALWAYS falsely claims that the BW was exposed to, but doesn't care etc.

That is what always happens when exposure fails. Seen it loads of times. It's not difficult to sign for a registered letter as your wife.

Or to simply take it off her if she is a battered wife.

Harrassment means you can't approach the same person repeatedly if they've asked you to desist. But OMW has never done that has she?

Does this harassment order prevent you from speaking to OMBW? What behaviour does it actually state as being unacceptable?

I
I

Simples!

LTL

In theory you are probably not far from this farce that is the harassment act but for now I'm keeping quiet. I think that given my WW behaviour and communication with me is hostile, that the affair is dying or getting there. Very hostile and most upset with me. Waiting and hoping ��

Hope is not a plan.

I
I
Waiting for your divorce financial settlement is a schoolboy error. All your targets should have been hit in 24 hours.

Your financial settlement is devised by the courts. They don't give a hoot about OM and you must be crazy if you expect any kind of deal fRom your wife. She isn't going to reward you for keeping quiet. She expects that and the moon too.

D
OP Offline
D
Hi Indiegirl,

Fair enough hope is not a plan.

My only other option is to approach his wife directly and risk the wrath of the law and possible prison/criminal record etc. I am not keen on this angle.

My police information notice states that any further approaches to the OM or his family could be seen as harassment and dealt with accordingly.

I could approach his professional body but most of my information was got by methods which could be seen as inappropriate as regards the law. I have the proof but the method of extraction wasn't entirely legal.

I agree that telling the truth is not a crime but apparently in this case it could cause distress and alarm hence harassment charge potential.

Is her anger with me not a sign of trouble in her affair and a sign of the end? She is drinking heavily, looks terrible and taking anti-depressants to cope.

I would appreciate a bit of direction from here. Any lawyers on the forum who could advise as my lawyer is divorce driven.

Thanks again,

DD.

BH 43
WW 42
DD 11.
DD 7.
Married 19 years.
She left 10-08-2014.
D
OP Offline
D
What typically happens when OM is a serial cheat or abusive is that he monitors his wife's mail.

Unless the BH makes an effort to actually speak to the BW, she usually never hears of exposure. When OM sees the attempted exposure he calls his minion/mistress and tells her she better make sure her husband doesn't try this again or he'll he'll dump her.

The WW then ALWAYS falsely claims that the BW was exposed to, but doesn't care etc.

That is what always happens when exposure fails. Seen it loads of times. It's not difficult to sign for a registered letter as your wife.

Or to simply take it off her if she is a battered wife.

Harassment means you can't approach the same person repeatedly if they've asked you to desist. But OMW has never done that has she?

Does this harassment order prevent you from speaking to OMBW? What behaviour does it actually state as being unacceptable?

Hi
Waiting for your divorce financial settlement is a schoolboy error. All your targets should have been hit in 24 hours.

Your financial settlement is devised by the courts. They don't give a hoot about OM and you must be crazy if you expect any kind of deal fRom your wife. She isn't going to reward you for keeping quiet. She expects that and the moon too.

Hi Indiegirl,

I have sent the information about the affair to all OM business partners,their wives at their homes, 9 internal employees, about 45 friends and family and about anyone else who will listen to me. All within 24 hours. I am fighting the settlement all the way.

Is that not enough?

Thanks,

DD.

BH 43
WW 42
DD 11.
DD 7.
Married 19 years.
She left 10-08-2014.
I
I
His actions strongly suggest to me that he is keeping it successfully from his wife.

This is why we tell BSs to get hold of the other spouse in person the first time they make contact with them.

As for the harassment notice, how can your wife prevent you from speaking to other people? It is not harassment of her.

The notice is probably legally worthless and is just back covering by the police. I would have another lawyer check it out.

Last edited by indiegirl; 04/16/15 03:32 AM.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 630 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation