Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Sealife Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Going out on dates, trying to get out of the routine, having conversations. I would said that in average 10-13 hours per week.

Me-BH-35
WW-31
Married for 5 years
B
B
Originally Posted by Sealife
Going out on dates, trying to get out of the routine, having conversations. I would said that in average 10-13 hours per week.
That isn't enough.

Have you seen this?
The Critical Importance of Undivided Attention

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
S
Please be more specific. I am trying to help here, but I can't with responses like that. Can you give a list of your dates last week? Where did you go, and what did you do, and for how many hours?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
"Having conversations" is too vague to be meaningful.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
Sealife Offline OP
OP Offline
S
For example:

1. This week we went out for a hiking trip just the two of us, we spent about 5 hours doing that.

2. Two hours city walk and sightseeing yesterday.

3. Three hours last Monday at the beach during a visit to some family in the Caribbean.

4. We are going out tonight for dinner

Last edited by Sealife; 01/30/15 02:23 PM.

Me-BH-35
WW-31
Married for 5 years
S
S
For example:

1. This week we went out for a hiking trip just the two of us, we spent about 5 hours doing that.

2. Two hours city walk and sightseeing yesterday.

3. Three hours last Monday at the beach during a visit to some family in the Caribbean.

4. We are going out tonight for dinner
That sounds lovely. You need to do things like that, for at least that length of time, every week. (Well, not the Caribbean bit, maybe!)

The best way to make sure you are doing at least 15 hours per week is for you and your wife to make a plan, in the diary, every week, and later, for you to assess the extent to which 1. you carried out the activities planned and 2. they met the four intimate emotional needs of conversation, affection, sex and recreational companionship.

Do you think your wife enjoys your dates? Does she seem happy during them, and sexually affectionate after?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
Sealife Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi SugarCane:

We plan our dates together, sometimes I make a list and she decides other times she makes a list of things to do.She seem happy, and her sexual affection is coming back.

Me-BH-35
WW-31
Married for 5 years
B
B
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
That isn't enough.

Have you seen this?
The Critical Importance of Undivided Attention
Did you read this?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
Sealife Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi everyone,

It is been a long time since my last post in this forum, and hopefully this is my last, but I'm just back here to give you an update of my situation. For everyone reading my story for the first time, my wife and I moved to another country for jobs, we went through a lot of issues, she met OM in the elevator at the company she was working, accepted POSOM invitation for a "friendly" coffee (A.K.A issues w/ boundaries) and you all know the rest.

I first will like to say thank you all for the advice, my marriage is doing a lot better and it almost 2 years after DD. We moved back to the USA, took a long time to find jobs and get back on track. A few weeks after moving back, using a fake woman name, POSOM tried contacting wife again. She didn't reply, we changed emails, numbers,we both have all passwords now (no secrets) and we both agreed to have monitoring software installed. Exactly six months after no more contact with OM, my wife was out of the fog for the first time. She was really remorse for all the lies, the lack of boundaries, she was angry with OM and grateful I was there and helped break with the addiction.

I want everyone to know that MB in my opinion is really the best option if you want to try and save your marriage from an affair. We since joined a group at a church in our area that use Dr. Harley's MB concepts and I really grateful I found this forum.

Thanks,
Sealife

Me-BH-35
WW-31
Married for 5 years
B
B
Thanks for the great update Sealife.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

M
M
Thanks for the update, Sealife!! Glad to hear it is going well for you. Let us know if we can help in any way.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
D
Sealife, I know how you feel with being shocked that your wife would do something like that. My wife was 16 when we met and never had a boyfriend, first kiss, or anything before me. She was always shy about sex and very conservative in bed and the most honest person I have ever known. Fast forward 15 years and I found out she had an affair for a year and was doing sexual acts I never could imagine she would ever be able to do.

We are going through the same thing as you and your wife, but it sounds like your marriage is closer to being saved than mine is. So don't lose hope.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 910 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation