Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
indiegirl #2848835 03/26/15 09:37 PM
J
J
Originally Posted by indiegirl
This is why we tell people not to go to MCs. YOU knew he was not recovering the m but the 'expert' didn't? They just peddle yes man diagnoses. If you want false hope and have the money to pay for it you're in luck.

I'm so sorry you've been so badly let down by TWO people you gave your trust to.

The problem is that the conditions which allowed him to carry on his affair were not removed.
Dr. Harleys methods for recovering from an affair WORK but they muat be followed exactly as detailed in his book Surviving An Affair. For some reason you chose not to follow his methods and opted for a local marriage counselor.

MelodyLane #2848861 03/27/15 06:00 AM
I
I
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by lacole
I have already talked to two lawyers about this....if I kicked him out, he can come back in. Unless he volunarily leaves or there is abuse, I cannot force him out of his home.

So I leave all his stuff on the driveway and change the locks. He will be back in no time...

Are you sure about that? Have you asked him to move? I have been here for 14 years and only know of ONE INCIDENT where the WS called the police to force his way back in.

I would be asking him to get out and packing his bags. If he calls the police, then don't give him the key. Tell the police you can't stand to have him in your home and ask them to encourage him to go elsewhere. If you are fORCED to let him in, then lock him out again and again.

And the reason he moved home is because he needed a new flophouse.

No wayward is going to risk you standing on the doorstep explaining to police officers that he can't come in because he's having an affair.

The cops will just go.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 1,205 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation