Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2848760 03/26/15 02:41 PM
L
lacole Offline OP
OP Offline
L
My husband and i recently reconciled late last year after I had filed for divorce in January of 2014. He had had an affair and thought his life would be great, which is wasnt when he moved out. After MC and many talks, we decided to try and he moved back in.

Well, since he moved back, he brought a multitude of financial problems with him (which i didnt know about prior to hin moving back). He has been stressed, depressed and checked out from his family. I recently found text messages back to this OW he had had the affair with last year. I comfronted him and he initially denied it and then admitted he had done it to escape reality. That I drove him to it.

Im at a loss. I cant beleive he would blame me! he is not apologetic or remoursful.

I think its time i cut my losses...

He is 50, she is 30.

lacole #2848773 03/26/15 03:12 PM
S
S
Originally Posted by lacole
My husband and i recently reconciled late last year after I had filed for divorce in January of 2014. He had had an affair and thought his life would be great, which is wasnt when he moved out. After MC and many talks, we decided to try and he moved back in.

Well, since he moved back, he brought a multitude of financial problems with him (which i didnt know about prior to hin moving back). He has been stressed, depressed and checked out from his family. I recently found text messages back to this OW he had had the affair with last year. I comfronted him and he initially denied it and then admitted he had done it to escape reality. That I drove him to it.

Im at a loss. I cant beleive he would blame me! he is not apologetic or remoursful.

I think its time i cut my losses...

He is 50, she is 30.
I'm very sorry to hear this.

The last time you posted here, he had just moved out and you were DONE. Beyond done. You did not want him back even if the affair ended.

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/u...in=169412&Number=2805608#Post2805608

What made you decide to go to marriage counselling? How did the MC know that he was properly committed to you?

Did you use the list of EPs that Dr Harley recommends before you allowed him to move back?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
lacole #2848776 03/26/15 03:16 PM
S
S
I don't have time to read right through your old thread, but from this

Hi- well it appears this women is a coworker of his. She is 29, (hub is 50) with a baby and. Live in boyfriend according to him.

He claims they are only friends but line you said, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes intimate or already has been.

Basically, he made it clear he doesn't love me, never will again and we should stay together for the time being for the kids and for the immediate financial reasons (im out of work but actively searching). I made it clear that their would be no more sex, although I'm sure he would have been fine if it continued. I just can't/won't be used and disrespected like that for one more day.

I think I know my options deep down, just want to hear the thoughts of others.

I can see that she was a co-worker. What happened about getting him out of that job? Do they still work together?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
lacole #2848780 03/26/15 03:19 PM
S
S
Did you call off the divorce?

Where was he living when he moved out - with OW?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
SugarCane #2848782 03/26/15 03:20 PM
L
lacole Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Yes, you are correct, I was done.

He did move out and I continued with divorce proceedings.

He came to me after some time and was (appeared to be) remourseful, apologetic and was eager to go to MC. He cut off all contact with the OW and apologized and to the kids to never hurt them again.

The MC seemed like things were in a good place for us, she beleived his was sincere. but idk, maybe he was at the time...

This was a longer process but I thought after 23 years of marriage and 3 kids, it was worth one shot.

Things were really good for awhile, but he wasnt honest with his financial problems and this has added alot of stress to the marriage.

I will own that i havnt handled all thus added stress well, Im tired of his financial choices, 30 years of one bad decision after another and then this affair on top of it. This affair is not my fault, i was under alot of stress too but didnt text another man to help me get through it.

I just dont know how to accept his lack of remorse. Its like it was nothing and he is waiting for it blow over.

I cant afford to divorce just yet and need to save up to get this started again.

I just dont understand any of it....

SugarCane #2848784 03/26/15 03:23 PM
L
lacole Offline OP
OP Offline
L
he left this job, but fired her prior to leaving it himself. That was one thing I insisted on.

lacole #2848785 03/26/15 03:24 PM
S
S
Yes, you are correct, I was done.

He did move out and I continued with divorce proceedings.

He came to me after some time and was (appeared to be) remourseful, apologetic and was eager to go to MC. He cut off all contact with the OW and apologized and to the kids to never hurt them again.

The MC seemed like things were in a good place for us, she beleived his was sincere. but idk, maybe he was at the time...

This was a longer process but I thought after 23 years of marriage and 3 kids, it was worth one shot.

Things were really good for awhile, but he wasnt honest with his financial problems and this has added alot of stress to the marriage.

I will own that i havnt handled all thus added stress well, Im tired of his financial choices, 30 years of one bad decision after another and then this affair on top of it. This affair is not my fault, i was under alot of stress too but didnt text another man to help me get through it.

I just dont know how to accept his lack of remorse. Its like it was nothing and he is waiting for it blow over.

I cant afford to divorce just yet and need to save up to get this started again.

I just dont understand any of it....
There us nothing to understand. He does not want to be your faithful husband, and that's the long and short of it.

You need to kick him out.

There are lots of posters who are good at giving advice about separating yourself from his financial problems. I hope some will show up soon. In the meantime, can you answer the questions about the co-worker? Do they still work together?

Did you ever expose to the workplace, and to her boyfriend?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
SugarCane #2848786 03/26/15 03:24 PM
L
lacole Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I did call off the divorce.

He had gotten his own apt and was NOT living with the OW.

He gave up the apt and moved home.

Im thinking he was strapped financially and came home for all the wrong reasons...i was duped for sure.

lacole #2848787 03/26/15 03:26 PM
L
lacole Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I do have a meeting next week with my lawyer.

I feel so foolish for beleiving him. Angry that he blames me.

lacole #2848788 03/26/15 03:28 PM
I
I
This is why we tell people not to go to MCs. YOU knew he was not recovering the m but the 'expert' didn't? They just peddle yes man diagnoses. If you want false hope and have the money to pay for it you're in luck.

I'm so sorry you've been so badly let down by TWO people you gave your trust to.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

indiegirl #2848789 03/26/15 03:30 PM
L
lacole Offline OP
OP Offline
L
i dont understand why he came back at all? why lie to me, kids, everyone...

Maybe he came back for $ reasons? maybe it was easier then living alone? idk...

and then to blame me...ugh...that infuriates me.

lacole #2848791 03/26/15 03:40 PM
I
I
Men like to have access to both women. Most especially the home base and the domestic support. A married man will always come home.

Why we see so many false recoveries.

indiegirl #2848792 03/26/15 03:41 PM
I
I
Are you going to do proper NC? A plan b?

indiegirl #2848796 03/26/15 04:00 PM
L
lacole Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I know he wont leave voluntarily, he will wait for the court to kick him out. He just doesnt have the financial means to leave and will make me really work at getting him out..

In the meantime, he walk around here like nothing happened, no big deal...waiting for this to blow over or something and feeling the least bit responsible...

How can someone be like that???

lacole #2848798 03/26/15 04:16 PM
I
I
Why do you need his agreement?!

Change the locks while he's out, send his stuff on to storage. Send him NC letter with storage details.

Simples.

indiegirl #2848799 03/26/15 04:17 PM
I
I
If you wait for a court to sort out basic things you can do yourself you'll be dead of a heart problem long before that.

indiegirl #2848804 03/26/15 04:26 PM
L
lacole Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I have already talked to two lawyers about this....if I kicked him out, he can come back in. Unless he volunarily leaves or there is abuse, I cannot force him out of his home.

So I leave all his stuff on the driveway and change the locks. He will be back in no time...

lacole #2848809 03/26/15 04:56 PM
I
I
Yes a lawyer told me the same thing - after I'd already done it.

You see I didn't ask a lawyer for permission to kick my cheating husband out. Ridiculous.

It's been two years and I'm well aware that he could break back in. Legally.

However practically, he won't do that. There's nothing here for him. No stuff. Nothing but an angry wife. Within about five minutes the house would also be filled with angry wife's family - and his own.

The minute he left the locks would be changed again.

On top of all that I'd file a RO, call the police to log it etc.

Not that it would get that far. I installed an alarm system that he can't turn off.

Even if he came in determined to stay I would at least know I'd tried before moving out myself. You can't just roll over like this.

Last edited by indiegirl; 03/26/15 04:59 PM.

indiegirl #2848820 03/26/15 06:09 PM
P
P
Indie is right. We were renting and my landlord told me I couldn't change the locks because he was on the lease. I did it anyway. He threatened to complain, but did nothing. Chances are that nothing will happen.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
lacole #2848824 03/26/15 08:05 PM
M
M
I have already talked to two lawyers about this....if I kicked him out, he can come back in. Unless he volunarily leaves or there is abuse, I cannot force him out of his home.

So I leave all his stuff on the driveway and change the locks. He will be back in no time...

Are you sure about that? Have you asked him to move? I have been here for 14 years and only know of ONE INCIDENT where the WS called the police to force his way back in.

I would be asking him to get out and packing his bags. If he calls the police, then don't give him the key. Tell the police you can't stand to have him in your home and ask them to encourage him to go elsewhere. If you are fORCED to let him in, then lock him out again and again.

And the reason he moved home is because he needed a new flophouse.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

indiegirl #2848835 03/26/15 09:37 PM
J
J
Originally Posted by indiegirl
This is why we tell people not to go to MCs. YOU knew he was not recovering the m but the 'expert' didn't? They just peddle yes man diagnoses. If you want false hope and have the money to pay for it you're in luck.

I'm so sorry you've been so badly let down by TWO people you gave your trust to.

The problem is that the conditions which allowed him to carry on his affair were not removed.
Dr. Harleys methods for recovering from an affair WORK but they muat be followed exactly as detailed in his book Surviving An Affair. For some reason you chose not to follow his methods and opted for a local marriage counselor.

MelodyLane #2848861 03/27/15 06:00 AM
I
I
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Are you sure about that? Have you asked him to move? I have been here for 14 years and only know of ONE INCIDENT where the WS called the police to force his way back in.

I would be asking him to get out and packing his bags. If he calls the police, then don't give him the key. Tell the police you can't stand to have him in your home and ask them to encourage him to go elsewhere. If you are fORCED to let him in, then lock him out again and again.

And the reason he moved home is because he needed a new flophouse.

No wayward is going to risk you standing on the doorstep explaining to police officers that he can't come in because he's having an affair.

The cops will just go.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 368 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation