Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I
I
Originally Posted by Homelover
The OW (as you call her), is not an issue, nor was she an issue once the divorce was final. She was not the cause of the divorce, nor did she affect it. She was not a topic of argument or fighting. She was also not an issue in me returning to my SO. When I returned to my SO, the OW was discussed, as other things, and we agreed to put those parts of our life behind us, not to be brought up again. The OW has NO effect on our relationship today... zero. My goal was to completely have her out of my mind (to where she didn't bother me in three months and I'm ahead of schedule. ?

It's not a big deal to you....it was just an effort to forget her

You realise it is NOT an issue to the person who was not betrayed? To the person betrayed it is worse than rape, or losing a child.

When their spouse returns home it is like getting someone back from the dead They are so happy at the chance to end the pain, they will accept any blame for the 'relationship issues' and will even accept shack up offers and being called a 'significant other' - yuk.

The OW (as you call her),

What would you call her role in this mess? The Other Significant Other? The woman outside the marriage is the Other Woman. Fact.

The OW (as you call her), is not an issue, nor was she an issue once the divorce was final. She was not the cause of the divorce, nor did she affect it. She was not a topic of argument or fighting.

Breatakingly casual about what this must have done to your wife.

Would you be so suave if an OM was 'not an issue' for her in leaving you? For him?

I'm certain such a betrayal would still be an issue for you!

Can you offer anything to improve upon that?

No because you are a dreadful risk to any woman. You swap women out like collectible sports cards. You see no value in marriage and have no remorse when you cheat.

It's not an issue to you - and that makes you a dead cert for doing it again unless you are kept sufficiently happy and appeased.

Your poor wife must be terrified of not pleasing you in that set up.

Last edited by indiegirl; 06/17/15 06:10 PM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

M
M
This is what you posted on 5-14.
You now post that you have no contact with her.
I asked you before your previous thread was locked, Is this place where you and OW both go to a bar?

No, but why do you ask? And, I really feel it's inappropriate to bring up a thread that was closed. It was closed for a reason, correct? [/quote]

Nice little attempt at side stepping the question. It was closed because you weren't following the program so it is very appropriate to ask if you are STILL not following the program. I haven't seen any evidence whatsoever that you are here to use this program. I haven;t figured out why you are even here since you are a) not married, b) shacking up and c) have all but jeopardized your dating relationship by keeping your OW hanging around the fringes.

I don't get it.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
If you are serious, ask your wife to come by and introduce herself.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
S
S

The OW (as you call her), is not an issue

Where's the fog horn clip?

Good grief.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by markos
If you are serious, ask your wife to come by and introduce herself.

Markos,
She has been asked, several times. In fact, I read to her from MB website, as well as print articles and read to her. She is not interested in computer forums, but I'm sure she is more than welcome here.

And, thx for your offer to review other comments you've made to other folks, I have done that and I like your style of making positive comments.

S
S
The OW (as you call her), is not an issue, nor was she an issue once the divorce was final. She was not the cause of the divorce, nor did she affect it. She was not a topic of argument or fighting. She was also not an issue in me returning to my SO. When I returned to my SO, the OW was discussed, as other things, and we agreed to put those parts of our life behind us, not to be brought up again. The OW has NO effect on our relationship today... zero. My goal was to completely have her out of my mind (to where she didn't bother me in three months and I'm ahead of schedule. ?

Here we go again.

This issue has been covered in all of your threads. The obvious is pointed out to you, you agree and acknowledge that this was an A and this was an OW and then you come back later, start a new thread and do the same thing, again.

Originally Posted by MelodyLane
[
Thanks for the reply. Not sure what you mean by "really don't appreciate the reference to your BW's substance abuse", is it inappropriate to mention that? That is the reason for a failed marriage. Yes, understand what you mean by the OW... learning these acronyms is hard.

Just so you know, most adulterers lie about the supposed wrongs of their betrayed spouse. They are practiced liars who have spent much time concocting rationalizations for their crimes. Sure, there are usually problems in the marriage, but none of it justifies adultery. Adultery sure does not resolve a bad marriage. Adultery is the worst form of abuse. That is what you are doing to your wife. So it is very telling to see you mention her wrongs when you are committing the gravest crime against her.

Melody,

Please see my last message in "Is marriage really the answer?", where I responded to you. Must say, my decision to leave the OW was largely based on info from you and this forum. A real learning experience. Thanks.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
No, but why do you ask? And, I really feel it's inappropriate to bring up a thread that was closed. It was closed for a reason, correct?
It wasn't closed because we were not allowed to ask you those questions any more! It was closed because you refused to use MB solutions to your problems.

We can still ask you those questions on a new thread. A locked thread is not carte blanche for you to bypass your history.

And by the way, you can't use MB practices in a living together arrangement (that is an oxymoron), so nobody here is going to help you do that.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
H
OP Offline
H
Just thought I'd pick this up for one more effort...

Does anyone care to offer support, rather than criticize? Overall, there's a lot of knowledge here, and I'm trying to break thru to getting some of it.

I've been called a lier, cheater, unfit for any woman, using inappropriate titles for people (like OW) not following the program and other things. I could defend all of the above, but would rather not argue, but it sure is easy to be provoked.

Am I worth help at all? What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Most (if not all) of you have had serious marital problems, and it certainly takes two to have these problems. If you have been successful (as I'm sure most of you have), can you share what worked for you?

A
A
WE have told you. You won't accept it.

Last edited by apples123; 06/26/15 02:31 PM.
M
M
not following the program and other things.

Homelover, can you help me out here by summarizing the thread - what parts of the program are people saying you won't follow?

I will try to help anyone who will try to follow the program, time and other constraints permitting, of course.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
H
OP Offline
H

Homelover, can you help me out here by summarizing the thread - what parts of the program are people saying you won't follow?

I will try to help anyone who will try to follow the program, time and other constraints permitting, of course.

Markos,

I'm not sure... there have been a LOT of negative comments and lot of misunderstandings. I did change a few things, so I'm really not sure where I stand.

Right now, things are going reasonably well with my SO. Just want to keep them that way.

P
P
Why don't you read back through your thread and find out?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Prisca
Why don't you read back through your thread and find out?

I did... read the whole thing from the beginning.

M
M

Markos,

I'm not sure... there have been a LOT of negative comments and lot of misunderstandings. I did change a few things, so I'm really not sure where I stand.

Right now, things are going reasonably well with my SO. Just want to keep them that way.

What questions do you have about the program?

What things are you doing to follow the program?

H
OP Offline
H

Markos,

What questions do you have about the program?

What things are you doing to follow the program?

Markos,

Thx for the reply. I have many questions, and will probably continue to have questions.

As for following the program, I have gone over all of the basic concepts, and letters, Q&As, etc. I have sat down with my SO and read to her the whole thing to make sure we were on the same page, which we basically are. Both of us have no issues with any of the concepts.

However, as time goes on, I'm sure we will have issues and questions as a lot of couples do. I'd like to be able to post those issues and get positive response to what is best as well as what are the options.

I believe for now, we are still in a tender part of our lives, with a TON of history and experience to learn from. We will probably always be in a tender situation, as I firmly believe that a relationship has to continue to grow, so there can always be issues and things to address. It seems like the good times go fairly easy... it's getting thru the tough times that can make or break things.

Sound reasonable?

M
M
Sure, if you have a question, post it.

S
S
As for following the program, I have gone over all of the basic concepts, and letters, Q&As, etc. I have sat down with my SO and read to her the whole thing to make sure we were on the same page, which we basically are. Both of us have no issues with any of the concepts.
But you do have an issue with the whole concept of marriage, as you argued in an earlier thread. That is why you have chosen to live together and not marry. And the fact that you have been married to each other before suggests that you have specific reasons for not wanting to marry each other again.

If you do not want to get married, you shouldn't live together. If you want to live together, you should make the full commitment, become buyers, and marry.

Really, everything you need to know about how to make your relationship work is contained in this article: Fear of Marriage

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Oh, thanks, Sugarcane, now I see.

Yes, Homelover, the program would specify that you get married, or not live together. If you're not willing to take one of those steps, I would suggest that you not expect good results to last.

S
S
Oh, thanks, Sugarcane, now I see.
Well - that wasn't a question that Homelover asked, and he might well do what he did on a previous thread, and ask me what I did to cause my husband's affair. I think he was trying to show me what it was like to be offered irrelevant advice. Of course, I don't see any advice that I offered, including this, as irrelevant.

From Dr Harley's point of view, there is a great difference between being married and living together. Indeed, you don't have to follow Dr Harley's philosophy to see that living-together relationships are more fragile and unstable than marriages.

It's also true that marriages today are much more fragile and unstable than they were 50 years ago, and there may be many reasons for that, but anybody who wants a stable, and also happy, romantic relationship for life needs to become a buyer. The only way to become a buyer is do all the things that Dr H recommends in that article; marry because you are in love, meet ENs and avoid hurting each other.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
I
I
This program also encourages the unfaithful spouse to make just compensation to the betrayed spouse and to express remorse about the affair. Homelover finds this objectionable so I can't see how he can follow it.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation