Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
S
Originally Posted by bird68
Are you saying I should LIE to FIL and DS? I only know that WH/OW called each other, met in a public place and texted.
No, she is not asking you to lie. I think Mel might have misremembered those details. See my post above. Only tell people what you know for a fact - but you do know for a fact that your H has had several affairs, and he contacted that woman for a hook-up, (closure my eye), and she agreed to meet him.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
B
bird68 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I called the OW and asked for her H and she asked whose calling and I said an old friend. She is suspicious and wanted to know if I wanted to leave a message I said 'no biggy, I would try later' I think she is suspicious of something now!!! I am sooo not good at these things.

BW 52
WH 47
DS 23
DS 21
D-Day 06/28/15
S
S
MelodyLane, with all due respect, I am trying my darnest to find and contact people. I also have other responsibilities to look after, as we all do and this is important but I also need to shower lol
I suggest that you do not take that tone with people who have taken time away from their jobs and families (in Mel's case, on the national holiday; I'm in the UK so I'm not caught up with that, but I have been to work all day and then for a date with my husband, and here I am posting to you, after midnight) to try and help you, unless you want to see people vanish from your thread.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
B
bird68 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I found OWH full title and full name! Now to keep digging for email & ph number

BW 52
WH 47
DS 23
DS 21
D-Day 06/28/15
B
bird68 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by SugarCane
MelodyLane, with all due respect, I am trying my darnest to find and contact people. I also have other responsibilities to look after, as we all do and this is important but I also need to shower lol
I suggest that you do not take that tone with people who have taken time away from their jobs and families (in Mel's case, on the national holiday; I'm in the UK so I'm not caught up with that, but I have been to work all day and then for a date with my husband, and here I am posting to you, after midnight) to try and help you, unless you want to see people vanish from your thread.
I am sorry, I am so frustrated and feel like I am being blasted for not doing enough. My apologies to MelodyLane, I will be more considerate of your voluntary sacrifice to help poor people like me. Thank you so much, I do appreciate your help!!

BW 52
WH 47
DS 23
DS 21
D-Day 06/28/15
B
bird68 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Please I do need all your help, MelodyLane and everyone who has given freely; do not stop helping. Even though I can't keep up with all this flow of information, I am trying and have actually made some progress today. Keep fighting for the rights of us betrayed souls!!

BW 52
WH 47
DS 23
DS 21
D-Day 06/28/15
M
M

This is something that can't be put off. You have a small window of opportunity to complete this job and then it is gone. Did you read the exposure thread? Are you asking people for help?

If you called me and told me that you "suspected" my son was having an affair, I would hang up on you. It is very important that you are more factual or people won't take you seriously. Explain to them why you believe your husband has been unfaithful just as sugarcane described.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
I called the OW and asked for her H and she asked whose calling and I said an old friend. She is suspicious and wanted to know if I wanted to leave a message I said 'no biggy, I would try later' I think she is suspicious of something now!!! I am sooo not good at these things.
You are not good at them, and neither are you listening to me, because I specifically warned you about leaving a message on his voicemail that would tip her off. Calling the house and speaking to her was just as bad as doing that. I warned you that she would be spinning the story to her H, and that is what she is doing now, as well as keeping him away from the phone.

You've tipped off your husband, now, too. The first thing OW will do is contact him to find out if you could have called her H, and now they will both be spinning this story about you, the crazy wife who thinks an innocent meeting over coffee was an affair.

Don't let it stop you trying to contact him directly, but please, be a lot more strategic. You can call the house again if you know for certain that she is out and he is in - but how can you know that?

Keep trying to find a workplace email address, or his personal mobile number.

OW in my case lived in another country, and all I had was her first and surname, both of which are insanely common in their country of origin. When I googled, I got a ton of stuff on other people with those names. But within 5 minutes, I found one document that tied her to my H, and it showed her mobile number and her H's mobile number, and workplace email and landline numbers for both of them, as well as their home address and home landline. The document was the minutes of a meeting, and it contained all the contact details for all the attendees. The nature of the meeting told me that she was the Mrs X that I was looking for.

It is not hard to find anyone these days. Many workplaces post their employees' contact details, and often photographs, on the website. They give a public face to their internal structures these days. Just keep looking for him.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
[You are not good at them, and neither are you listening to me, because I specifically warned you about leaving a message on his voicemail that would tip her off. Calling the house and speaking to her was just as bad as doing that. I warned you that she would be spinning the story to her H, and that is what she is doing now, as well as keeping him away from the phone.

That's not her fault. I told her to call the OW house, disguising her # and ask for the OWH.

Bird, where do these people live? How far away?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
bird68 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
How do I change what info shows up when people dial my cell number? I have Iphone 5 I want to call back OW and if her H isn't home yet, leave a message with a fake name and say I'm an old high school friend. Could this work?

BW 52
WH 47
DS 23
DS 21
D-Day 06/28/15
B
bird68 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
SugarCane, they live in the same city, not sure where. We are 100,000 population

BW 52
WH 47
DS 23
DS 21
D-Day 06/28/15
S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
That's not her fault. I told her to call the OW house, disguising her # and ask for the OWH.

Sorry - I'm reading and posting too fast, having come in late and tired.

Sorry for the confusion on your thread, bird. I'll leave you in in Mel's expert hands until morning!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
How do I change what info shows up when people dial my cell number? I have Iphone 5 I want to call back OW and if her H isn't home yet, leave a message with a fake name and say I'm an old high school friend. Could this work?

Did you read my post about dialing *67 to disguise your #? I would try that and practice calling your other phone to make sure it works on your phone.

Exposure 101

B
bird68 Offline OP
OP Offline
B

Did you read my post about dialing *67 to disguise your #? I would try that and practice calling your other phone to make sure it works on your phone.
MelodyLane, yes I've been using *67, that's how I found out the OWs cell number, from WHs cell phone records. When you dial it here, you get a message saying ' your number will not be shown to the recipiant' or something like that. But I will try calling both of my phones to make sure its working! Thanks

BW 52
WH 47
DS 23
DS 21
D-Day 06/28/15
B
bird68 Offline OP
OP Offline
B

Sorry - I'm reading and posting too fast, having come in late and tired.

Sorry for the confusion on your thread, bird. I'll leave you in in Mel's expert hands until morning!
Thanks

BW 52
WH 47
DS 23
DS 21
D-Day 06/28/15
B
bird68 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks everyone for your advice. I won't be posting while I take some time to focus on myself and what I need to do. Please be assured I have the loving support of family, friends and my clergy to guide me, as well as the wisdom that comes from above, from my loving Heavenly Father

BW 52
WH 47
DS 23
DS 21
D-Day 06/28/15
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 756 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation